Welcome to the new AusCraft website!
IP Copied!
Click to Copy IP
play.auscraft.net

What did you do the first time you joined aus-craft?

OhBlihv

OhBlihv
OhBlihv
Didn't even notice this thread, probably because the last post was around a month and a half ago. *whistles nonchalantly*

When I first joined in 1.7 Beta I started building a house on stilts and making a giant mine under it to get materials. I teamed up with a very old player, Aestiri and I made an addition to his shop which quickly became the largest in the server before the reset. I griefed lightly a house opposite mine for a little extra wood but was very lucky to get unbanned (thanks Sinny!) and changed my ways dramatically. I went to the nether and changed my house from plain wood to Nether Brick and Stone Brick and started building over the main road to come down on the other side, making a symmetric house until someone came along and build a giant cobblestone tower (very ugly). Around this time I started getting to grips with the community, Sinny trolling me and joking around, JezzaHeart with building, and a few others.

The man with the tower disappeared for a while and Sinny worldedited away his monstrosity so I could build my second half saying "It'd be much better looking." I had a very nice house, a farm and a store all within about a month. Then the map reset and I took my first break by going to another server run by a player I met.

And that's my start-of-life story. I may post pictures of the place later, I remember photographing a lot of that map before the reset...
Nostalgia pics or gtfo

I done the normal 'get lost in spawn and end up in the sewer', then found a snow biom. Built a temp (Still in use) home in the side of a cliff. Pretty lonely existence :p

I

ImGravity

Asked how the hell to get out of spawn lived next to Dan_Oaky became great friends then bought EnderDragon the very next day

I have only been playing for a few days, I had a rather large break from MC (6months or so), I logged on for the first time to have a look around and get a feel for the server i had chosen to call home and instantly I liked it, I was greeted with several welcomes as the regular players and admin continued to joke around and have fun, so I decided I would stay. The people where friendly, the plug-ins where great, all seemed perfect so I headed for the wilderness to start my adventure.

The first thing I wanted to do was find a place far away, away from spawn and away from people in general and that's what i did, not expecting the server to be as populated as it was i walked/swam and eventually built a boat to try and escape other peoples builds, after about an hour (or what seemed like an eternity) my friend slashcraft decided he would join me and play on his first real MC server, so we both continued looking for a place to settle down.

The requirements where simple, No other builds near by, and a plains/hill biome, after quite some time, around 45mins or so we both found a nice little spot in the jungle and thought "close enough". Its only now that I've been exploring that i discovered a beautiful unspoiled mountain biome only about 15-20mins walk from our current location, so that will be my next adventure in the word that is aus-craft, and once I am comfortable there, that is when the real building begins...

The first thing I did when I joined the server was spend a while walking far away from spawn until I found some nice flat land with no buildings that I could see nearby, other than an npc village. After spending a night defending the villagers from the zombie horde, I built a basic small house nearby and dug down to bedrock to begin shaft mining for resources.

StarDate: 20131230
Joined server, wandered around spawn area checking out everything I could, collected some xmas gifts (thx). Raped the fields, and pillaged the women (from a Monty Python skit). tried a couple of the portal signs to the outer limits until finding one I liked. Went walkabout from there until started get dark, spotted a shallow cave, thought that'll do, and dug in for the night. Chatted with ppl in game, very friendly :smile: , (sure beats playing on an empty server by ones self), went mining for supplies, started a little farm, slaughtered some mobs with the xmas sword, very nice gift :smile:, got a visit from StabbyInc, was a nice visit too. Thx Stabby.
Not long afterwards, decided to donate, I figure if I play on a server that is worthy, then I can help it out.
Am now in the process of developing a base in a different location, underground that is, may put a structure on the surface, we'll see......

Cheers and Beers

Dobsonium

p.s. Had a hand in getting two ppl banned on my 2nd day :D

Last edited:
Instantly liked you Dobby, you're a great addition to the server and I look forward to see what you end up creating over time!

A

Ang9l

I met Stabby on my first day :P, before finding myself a nice plot of land and build The SHIRE!!!!

Got a friendly greeting from some peoples, checked out the spawn area for a bit, took a plot in Jedi's town, helped build a massive farm (Jedi and Hobo did most of the work) and Hobo built me a cobble generator. Started donating because I really liked the community (and the perks). Built a massive tower and an island home next to MeteoraHybrid's island.

I

Izski

Hmmm, well. It was Mitunzz_ who showed me this server. The first thing i did when i joined was start a whole new base and got duramon, Elmodogs1996 and XxPetalxX to live with me in our secrect cave base ;D

Well Reaper introduced me to the server. The first thing I did was walk around the spawn in awe as I had not been on a server in a while. So I started my long trek to seek out a flat land. When I did I starting building a house but as I was nooby on servers I had no idea about the /sethome and when I was killed I went all the way back to spawn. So I left and came back the next day, then BOOM!! the ddos's started. But otherwise my first experience of the server was great. :smile:

Y

Yuzko

I made a temporary under-ground store room next to Siel_Kosane, who introduced me to the server.

I was invited to join BeefyBox in his little shire thingo. Then I started building a small castle. Rest is history.

Didn't even notice this thread, probably because the last post was around a month and a half ago. *whistles nonchalantly*

When I first joined in 1.7 Beta I started building a house on stilts and making a giant mine under it to get materials. I teamed up with a very old player, Aestiri and I made an addition to his shop which quickly became the largest in the server before the reset. I griefed lightly a house opposite mine for a little extra wood but was very lucky to get unbanned (thanks Sinny!) and changed my ways dramatically. I went to the nether and changed my house from plain wood to Nether Brick and Stone Brick and started building over the main road to come down on the other side, making a symmetric house until someone came along and build a giant cobblestone tower (very ugly). Around this time I started getting to grips with the community, Sinny trolling me and joking around, JezzaHeart with building, and a few others.

The man with the tower disappeared for a while and Sinny worldedited away his monstrosity so I could build my second half saying "It'd be much better looking." I had a very nice house, a farm and a store all within about a month. Then the map reset and I took my first break by going to another server run by a player I met.

And that's my start-of-life story. I may post pictures of the place later, I remember photographing a lot of that map before the reset...

EDIT Sep/30/13 - Sorry Bliv, couldn't find the pics, they must have been taken on my old laptop, of which the drive corrupted.

I remember that house, good times. Great times.

My first... two days(?) on Auscraft were originally a bargained deal. In exchange for clearing out a mountain for Fludude he would gift me 'Don't Starve' on steam (which he didn't dispute when it was denied by PayPal and then I got a ban from Steam by Valve for 6 months) then donated for me. I asked what the difference was between Chicken and MagmaSlime and he told me to shut up. Soon after realising I had /fly I began to make more commuting projects, such as selling myself for $1000, and creating the extremely trolly Fluffy Gauntlet. Who could forget Fluffy Gauntlet? Just to clarify: that one thing with the multi-layer maze and parkour that would open and make you fall at the end was Fluffy Gauntlet.

Sadly, after the 1.7 reset I lost a few good friends on the server, namely Kyle_Mentha (mainly known as Triki) and StabAndRun (who regardless got banned for Crop Griefing and hasn't come back since. He also got temp banned for pretending to be Stabby's cousin or something) so, to make up for the losses, I improved me intwerwebz gramaarr and speeling and went out to create a volcano... and that's where the story picks up, currently in the making.