Welcome to the new AusCraft website!
IP Copied!
Click to Copy IP
play.auscraft.net

Server Down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok to answer one question asked yeah it is most definitely illegal BUT it is nigh on impossible to find the ba@@@@@ doing the act as they essentially use computers infected with a Trojan to launch the attack.

They remotely control the phone home Trojan which is on thousands or millions of computers without the owners knowledge or consent thus if you blame the ip addresses hitting the firewall you are unfortunately blaming those who's only crime is ignorance or arrogance of cyber security.

Just a Q for those who might know more than me, would generating a whitelist in iptables help or would the servers downstream still be flooded? I'm thinking that unfortunately it would still be flooded and think a second network connection to the server from a separate network within the DC creating an extra failover should alleviate the problem but it comes at a cost.

On this, would multiple connections from multiple networks via premisquise (don't quote me on the spelling) nics into say ESXi5 with multiple IP address's give us a better standing against this bs? I'm thinking so but dread the thought of the cost of more network connections and ip allocations, just a thought though for better failover since DNS round robin exists to allow this for this reason.

V

VincentIsAwesome

A whitelist would never work as thousands of different IPs are used.

M

minidog123

When We go back on will everything still be there or will you have to reset the world?

Status
Not open for further replies.