Welcome to the new AusCraft website!
IP Copied!
Click to Copy IP
play.auscraft.net

Everything Confirmed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
im pretty hyped for this, but sad at the same time. we need to have an event where we just walk around and appreciate evrything on the server one last time

I already mentioned some of this to Cat, but this seriously seems like a bad idea to me.

A map reset is totally okay to me. I'm totally okay with building new things in new places. But I have some outstanding complaints and concerns that I simply cannot roll over and accept this time.

1. All build comp rewards, so the full reset would suggest, are null and forfeit. Completely pointless. Along with them, countless hours of creative effort by the community for the promise of rewards that are, at this point, irrelevant and void.

2. All recent rewards from festivities and games for the AusCraft birthday party will be similarly expunged.

3. I was told that this "fresh start" would allow some lower-ranked people to "catch up". But this is not a competition. It never was. I didn't step on people to get to where I am now. I haven't been cold-bloodedly competitive, and given the vast number of free resource and experience-gathering utilities available on the server, I think it's safe to say that a great number of others haven't been slitting throats on their way up, either.

I haven't done anything anyone else couldn't have done, and I'm not okay with having everything stripped from me just to put me at the level of people who haven't gotten as far (or, in more literal terms, the level people who haven't started playing), just so they temporarily don't feel depressed and envious of things other people have.

I never wanted to compete. I just wanted to be kind and charitable.

Now, I would like to make a handful of suggestions, in light of this.

Firstly, simply carry over the ranks. Entire days of people's lives have been spent, albeit passively, to those ranks. Some have spent a little more than time. Some got ranks by pure luck, much to their euphoria. In any case, an effacement of these things can only lead to a vast and broad unhappiness among the community. Even feelings of betrayal. By my reckoning, the only people I can see this encouraging are only the most cynical competitors, while everyone else feels robbed.

My only other suggestion is an allowance of personal assets to be transferred to the new server, a la one doublechest per person. I've seen this done on other servers (an Australian capitalist server, fittingly enough), and it went over swimmingly.

Sure, everyone's builds were wiped. To be expected. But they still had a collection of the things they'd worked so hard for. It meant something in the end. It was not so much having their hard work ripped from their hands as it was preparing for a new adventure, in a new world, with a vibrant collection of tools and mementos from the past one to help them on their way. It was something they were preparing for, the whole time, whether they knew it or not. It was something they COULD prepare for.

The current situation will leave all but the freshest new members completely helpless. Not only that, but it will pretty much make working on anything in the days prior to the reset totally pointless, and retroactively make everything else they worked on pointless, too.

And some people might just decide it's not worth doing again.

Anyway. That's my two cents on the matter. Sorry for all the text. But it's not like I've got anything to lose by stating my concerns like this.

Because we're going to lose everything.

When you say new website, do you mean forums will be reset too? Or will they be carried over?

Also, when you said we will be moving over a couple of days after the spigot release, does that mean we can expect it all to happen by the end of the month?

All build comp rewards, so the full reset would suggest, are null and forfeit.
There is nothing we can do about that. The build comp was not run by the server, therefore we hold no responsibility for it.

All recent rewards from festivities and games for the AusCraft birthday party will be similarly expunged
Again, nothing we can do about that. The fact remains when it comes to MineCraft, we rarely reset, but it is still necessary from time to time.

"fresh start" would allow some lower-ranked people to "catch up"
Nowhere has any MUSKETEER said it a race, or a "catch-up" game. If it doesn't come from a Musketeer at this early stage, it is irrelevant.

simply carry over the ranks.
These ranks will not exist in the new map, therefore will not be carried over.

allowance of personal assets to be transferred to the new server
We have done this every time in the past, and no matter what restrictions we put on this, people still end up with game-breaking and OP items as soon as the map starts. Plus, there will be new adventures on 1.9. Take screenshots.

The current situation will leave all but the freshest new members completely helpless.
No. It will put everyone on the same level. Does not compute how a rank on a multiplayer server is so significant as to render human beings "helpless". No one is losing their job, their home, or their family on it. Consider some perspective.

You said yourself you have seen many other servers reset, I do not know why AusCraft seems to be an exception to you and shouldn't reset. The fact is this map is well over a year old, congested, and very broken internally.

1.9 has been in the works for many months. You do not appear to appreciate the time and effort staff put in to bring this server to you, and you do not seem to want to make AusCraft a better place than it already is. Resets happen on EVERY Multiplayer server. It's our turn. Sorry, but there's nothing we can do about it.

i think that the reset will be great it will let me reset and build a new world in 1.9 with the people i know im acually really excited for this change :smile:

this is pretty awesome, i know i will lose my hard work, but it also presents an opportunity to start afresh. Thanks to all staff that has put in their time and effort for this server and our enjoyment of it, whether it was answering our modreqs or putting so much effort into this great move. thanks :smile:

I went around and took screenshots of loads of things in the creative world. I can put them in the gallery if people want. There are some odd things out there. Also if you made something away from the roads I probably didn't see it...

I was told that this "fresh start" would allow some lower-ranked people to "catch up".
Just to clarify, I made the suggestion that this may possibly be a positive, didn't say this was necessarily a reason. There's no official statement that that is a reason this is happening, I was being bombarded with questions I didn't have the answers to and answered as appropriately and as helpfully as I could, apologies if I mislead you.

Again, really excited for this reset! But I have a question about the matter:
First off; what will be the deal with Elytra's? Will they follow the same rules as the Nether spawners? Limited and not too easily accessible or will they follow normal protocol? (That ships are already quite rare-ish in cities.) Regardless, I am SO willing to brawl for those wings aha <3
Anyways, looking forward to it all. The new effects and additions to both the game and server.
Until next time, ~ Yuno/Athena
2016-02-19_17.24.15.png

Maybe make them restricted to free ranks only? i.e. you can only have them if you don't have /fly

While that is a pretty splendid idea, allowing new/less frequent players the ability of limited flight but... Don't you think that could ruin the rarity of the item? I do believe they'd be pretty valuable regarding the information I included about the rarity of ships but nonetheless.
I don't know what the Musketeers might have in mind but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Because, that's just part of the fun! Anticipation. :p
~ Yuno/Athena

Pretty exited for this update and the reset, I've been spending the last few days flying around the server, admiring the creations in this year old server, if you think I've missed anyones, please let me know!

The new website will have a map right? If so... could it be possible to have a cave system map and a nether map as well? Possibly ..?

The new website will have a map right? If so... could it be possible to have a cave system map and a nether map as well? Possibly ..?

For reference, -just- the overworld of Survival's dynamic map is 12GB. I add caves and nether to that, it balloons even further.

Last edited:
I hope the end and end city dungeons will also be resting so its not just a couple of people who get elytra's
Can't wait for the new 1.9 update and if everything is knew a new AdminStore :D
Lets get that mcmmo parties grinding

Status
Not open for further replies.