Welcome to the new AusCraft website!
IP Copied!
Click to Copy IP
play.auscraft.net

Issue - Shops monopolizing the system

If you don't go below admin store prices, no one will buy from your shop, because it would be cheaper to buy from the admin shop. For example, Webs, admin shop price is 200, my price is 150. If I sold for e.g. 250, no one would buy from me.

I feel there is a acceptable limit on how far under "admin shop prices" one should go, sorta thinking no more than half price.

my 2 cents

CHeers

You mistook what i said Dobs :smile: I was referring to the *buy* chests in stores where you can sell to a player for less than you could sell to the admin store.

Buy price for diamonds, redstone and etc (basically anything you can sell at the admin shop) needs to be higher than selling price at admin shop, too. This isn't to stop monopolisation, it's just an anti-dumbass system so that person A can't buy all the stock from person B (who doesn't know the admin shop price) then sell it to the admin shop and earn a profit.

Pretty much, even though it seems like common sense that would need to be written in just to prevent headaches :p

Edit: If we make people have the sell option on some shops it will definitely drive buy prices up, but it will all be very close pricing wish across all shops. We would also need to make it clear that you must be cautious when letting players sell to you.

Be careful you dont destroy all forms of competative pricing.
You suffocate a system with rules and regulations it'll die.

Pretty much, even though it seems like common sense that would need to be written in just to prevent headaches :p

Edit: If we make people have the sell option on some shops it will definitely drive buy prices up, but it will all be very close pricing wish across all shops. We would also need to make it clear that you must be cautious when letting players sell to you.

The issue here is that minerals like Diamonds and Iron are all hotly contested items and when an item gets priced at its lowest possible price (admin shop sell price), It will become quickly sold out either through players suddenly grinding cat xp (10-15k per hour) and buying everything out, etc.

Players will check half of the stores and would dismiss that the players with higher prices have brought all the diamonds and stuff, But I think this is actually due to stores having low buy prices causing fast sell outs while higher priced stores just sit there and wait till someone is impatient and slowly sell out that way.

The players who own shops do not have unlimited stock and aren't always able to meet the demand with their supply as they are players instead of bots.

Players with higher priced shops make money off players who don't check all the shops before buying or when everywhere is sold out. The Higher priced shops means less people buy from them, therefore they can always meet the supply and demand.

We might be able to add a rule or equity notice that players should not buy out cheaper stores to sell in their higher stores but I think that's about it.

There is almost no shop owner dumb enough to make their shop prices lower than admin store so don't worry, and if they are, they would either shut down in 1 day or change their prices back.

That's true Mui, I know I get sold out very quickly on diamonds as I sell them very low price wise. I can also see how this could suffocate the market in regard to what Ram said.
I think I got very carried away on an issue only committed by a very small minority, my apologies. Taking a set back here, some small notices more than likely would suffice, though some of the points bought up are a little concerning if done on a large scale in my opinion.

GlacyrX

GlacyrX
GlacyrX
There is almost no shop owner dumb enough to make their shop prices lower than admin store so don't worry, and if they are, they would either shut down in 1 day or change their prices back.

WRONG. At one point in time, smithy2122's diamond selling cost was lower than the rate at which the admin shop bought diamonds XD Which was why I felt the need to bring it up.

Hahaah Glacyr :P
I suppose the prices themselves aren't the issue though, like Mui said people with low prices sell more, people with higher prices sell a bit less so the profit probably end up being around the same (according to their placement). I think just let people charge what they want, but make it so shops can only be stocked with goods obtained by the owner of said shop in a fair and moral manner.

as long as the pricing is fair and will not hurt or separate new and current players into groups when it comes to shops. A guide line is good, it can be hard to price some items as the store doesn't have them, but I agree we can't make store price the minimum as then ppl won't buy at markets.

Low pricing will always sell because ppl like deals, but other shop owners should not be allowed to buy out other shops and resell higher. Instead they should contact the other shop owners and advise they are under cutting.

Its True that: Smithy probably didn't bother looking at all the prices at the other shops including the admin shop. I was actually told to hold back on the market price guide for various reasons but maybe now it should be on my to-do list.

Just keep an eye out for under-priced items and remind people about the prices if they under-price it instead of buying them out. =P

There would be a lot of reluctance to add rules/guidelines to shops. Players don't like to be restricted, and we don't like restricting them. This is where players need to work together to pinpoint any serious issues which are affecting the economy. Staff is not always available to see everything, so please if you do see something really out of order, bring it to the attention of an Admin as soon as you can so we can keep it fair for everyone :smile:

Not a rule, more a price guideline. Like a stock market value or something for people to refer to and help them price things?

GlacyrX

GlacyrX
GlacyrX
I could help out with that. I'm thinking of just compiling the selling price of all goods from all stores (I won't be noting store names/owners) and play around with some stats and come up with items that could have price guidelines and their RRP. But it won't take any short amount of time unfortunately.

I think an list of the RRP for items would be a massive help to shop owners and buyers alike, plus with RRP, its recommended not set it stone, so people can move it up/down according to demand. That's what I think anyway :P

Hey Ram, This is all in reference to buying and selling of stock in the shops, not the actual buying/renting of the shop, Lock Stock & Barrel.

CHeers

To be honest, the only price guideline we could probably put out would be the admin shop prices and an agreed general price for stuff like enchant books and calculated material costs for stuff like armor and potions.

The second a person puts a good price out for items, people just buy out the items in mass causing major item buyouts so I think the situation where everyone has similar but different prices actually helps the economy by making sure our markets wont be empty every time someone farms up 5k at catxp.