Click to Copy IP
play.auscraft.net

AusCraft 1.9 - Only days away!

CAMM_

Owner
CAMM_
CAMM_
Hey all!
The post everyone has been waiting for...

As all of you know, with Minecraft 1.9 being such a massive update, we decided that it was time we do a hard reset on AusCraft.
With previous resets, we haven't changed much other then the spawn, people could bring items over, we still used the same plugins/permissions system. However this time it's different.
Nothing is coming over from 1.8 (and previous versions). New permissions, new ranks, new store, new forums, new plugins, etc. Best of all - a new database that isn't hanging on by a thread!

This post will be lengthy, so I'll get to the point -

Forums
As you can clearly see, new forums!
We've given it a face-lift with a very nice new logo, custom designed home page, and tweaked the template we use to make it suit us the most.

We've purged any in-active accounts, and now on sign up you'll be required to use your Minecraft IGN as your username - there's a reason behind this.
In the near future, we'll be dding many more features to the forums to make it more interactive and earn in-game rewards! Get keen, folks.

Wiki
We've scrapped the very old and outdated wiki for a new one right here on the forums.
This is much, much easier to edit, and will be updated regularly with information on any new plugins.

For now, it only contains very basic server information (rules, ranks) due to the amount of plugins we run, but keep an eye on it. We will be expanding it over the next few days.

Store
Our store has also had a bit of a face-lift. We are still offering monthly purchasable ranks, but have also added a decent amount of permanent perks you can purchase.

We'll be adding more perks to the store as we see fit. We don't want to overwhelm anyone with a obscene amount of perks that aren't very useful in-game, so we like to be sure when we decide to add something. Remember, we get no money back from this server, we only aim to cover the costs, and improve gameplay for all of you!

For now the store is down whilst we give it a final few tweaks to have it just right :smile:

Server
Where do I start.....

Survival
We have disabled the End for now, there are reasons behind this. Never to worry - it'll be up in just over a week!
Gameplay in 1.9 will be a little different to 1.8. Not just because of the changes Minecraft have made, but the fact we've made it a little more difficult to become OP so quickly..(not literally you little kids from PMC).

Creative
You'll notice creative won't be up when you join. This is because we're going to change it up a bit. Don't worry, you will soon be able to build your little heart out.. :wink:

Rules
There has been a few changes to our rules, please be sure to familiarise yourself with the changes. They've only been added to improve game play for everyone.

Ranks
You can view all rank information here. In our previous servers ranking up was all about just waiting around, doing your thing on the server, whether it be building, mining, or creating really strange and scary redstone contraptions, you didn't have to do anything to rank up, just play. That's all changed.

We realised we needed to add more to the ranking system so everyone could do what they love doing on our server, but also have to work for their rank! Each rank now has a list of requirements you must achieve before you're able to rank up! It isn't designed to be difficult (because it really isn't), it's just not a system catered for 2 year olds anymore.

Economy
Far out..wasn't economy just broken in 1.8? Thank you to the new economy system, everything is worked out precisely. We have made it a little more difficult to get money in-game, and removed some plugins that did nothing but break the economy.

Voting
Voting is still down for now, we're bringing a new system very shortly.

In-game Wiki
We've added a help GUI in-game, it covers everything that is essential on AusCraft. If it isn't there it'll be on the wiki (but not straight away! We're overrun as it is :P)

Even if you're not a staff member, if a new player joins and wants to know about the ranks, or is curious about a plugins usage you can always advise them to type /wiki, /help or /info - this should show any new member to our community what they need to know.

Staff Assistance
We have replaced /modreq using an awesome plugin, it uses a webpage for you to watch your report, see any updates, and communicate with the staff member that is assisting you. You can do it all in-game as well, this way it just becomes easier for us to keep a record of it, and the possibility to help without even being in-game! More on this will be on the wiki before full release.

PreciousStones
Previously we have used PreciousStones for protecting your area from any possible player damage.
This is no more - PreciousStones still play a role, but we have a much easier system that will protect your land against anything (more on that below).

Protecting land
We've added an awesome plugin that makes it incredibly easy to protect your land against anyone and anything. It's called Grief Prevention, whilst it may seem a little difficult, it really isn't. You can watch a quick tutorial on it here. If you set the size of your claim correctly, it'll literally be impossible to grief anything inside your claim.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

So..I think that sums it up enough for now. Obviously with so much being new, and so many different plugins, there are bound to be little bugs here and there. As per our rules, please report any bugs/glitches/exploits you find here.
Be sure to ask any questions you may have regarding the server in this thread.

We will be opening the server this Saturday the 23rd (...unless something blows up) at 7pm AEST. Those who purchased early access will be sent a PM via the forums only with server details over the next 24 hours, you guys will be able to join around 3:30pm AEST.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

On behalf of the musketeers, and the staff we would REALLY like to thank everyone for sticking around and supporting this awesome little community we have.

Get Hyped! It's only days away now!!

I knew something was up when I saw Stabby, Vader and Camm on the forum all at once!

woot woot, very excite!!

Thanks guys, looking forward to it! :D

edit: First boo yah!

Last edited:
Wooo its finally here!

thumbs up for those who bought the early access, pliz tell me how it goes!

also when will the dynmap be up and running?

:D

First of all, a HUGE thanks to everyone who was involved in getting the server up and running for 1.9!

Thanks to everyone who donated, I'm sure the server wouldn't be running without you.

And finally thanks to everyone for being patient!

------------------

Also, I have some questions and comments:
  • Will the wiki be editable by normal players once everything has settled down and is working well? We all know that you guys are pushed for time keeping the server working, and I know that some community members would be quite happy to contribute their knowledge to get the Wiki filled quickly. I'm not entirely familiar with how XenForo works, but as a compromise you could set up some sort of review process for all wiki edits, or tie wiki editing to an IG rank?
  • The new ranks sound good. Yes, they require more ontime than the last server, but they also have requirements to keep you busy, which is good.
  • Most ranks seem to have a hostile mob kill requirement. Will mobs from grinders count? I hope not, because that would ruin the point of it.
  • The video about GriefPrevention said that you have a limited number of claimed blocks (100 per hour on the server). Will this be the same on Auscraft? Also, by 100 blocks does it mean 100 in two dimensions (the XZ axis) or in three dimensions (i.e. every single block protected counts as 1 claimed block, so you can only claim one 5x5x4 area per hour)?
  • The new /modreq sounds really useful
  • PreciousStones had some cool advanced uses such as entry messages when you enter or exit the zone. Will these still be available?
  • The video about GriefPrevention seemed to have commands for total trust and only container trust, but will there be a command for build but not container trust?
  • Are you sick of me asking so many questions? :p

Anyway, once again, thanks a lot!

- sidney

:D

First of all, a HUGE thanks to everyone who was involved in getting the server up and running for 1.9!

Thanks to everyone who donated, I'm sure the server wouldn't be running without you.

And finally thanks to everyone for being patient!

------------------

Also, I have some questions and comments:
  • Will the wiki be editable by normal players once everything has settled down and is working well? We all know that you guys are pushed for time keeping the server working, and I know that some community members would be quite happy to contribute their knowledge to get the Wiki filled quickly. I'm not entirely familiar with how XenForo works, but as a compromise you could set up some sort of review process for all wiki edits, or tie wiki editing to an IG rank?
  • The new ranks sound good. Yes, they require more ontime than the last server, but they also have requirements to keep you busy, which is good.
  • Most ranks seem to have a hostile mob kill requirement. Will mobs from grinders count? I hope not, because that would ruin the point of it.
  • The video about GriefPrevention said that you have a limited number of claimed blocks (100 per hour on the server). Will this be the same on Auscraft? Also, by 100 blocks does it mean 100 in two dimensions (the XZ axis) or in three dimensions (i.e. every single block protected counts as 1 claimed block, so you can only claim one 5x5x4 area per hour)?
  • The new /modreq sounds really useful
  • PreciousStones had some cool advanced uses such as entry messages when you enter or exit the zone. Will these still be available?
  • The video about GriefPrevention seemed to have commands for total trust and only container trust, but will there be a command for build but not container trust?
  • Are you sick of me asking so many questions? :p

Anyway, once again, thanks a lot!

- sidney

From what knowledge I have, you should be able to grant ContainerTrust to give container access only. The 100 blocks counts a block as the whole column, so a 100 block claim should cover a 10 x 10 area in 2 (x,z) dimensions, the upper and lower limits (y) are set globally independent of this by the muskies. As for the earning of claim blocks, I'm not sure how its setup for us. 10 x 10 is the minimum size for a protection area if I remember correctly. You can't make one smaller than this.

And afaik, only Muskies will be able to edit the wiki, but users can use the appropriate forum to suggest edits or additions, same as it has been done in the past.

As for the mob count requirements and grinders, that will have to be answered by a muskie also.

CAMM_

Owner
CAMM_
CAMM_
And afaik, only Muskies will be able to edit the wiki, but users can use the appropriate forum to suggest edits or additions, same as it has been done in the past.

As for the mob count requirements and grinders, that will have to be answered by a muskie also.
For now, we'll be responsible for editing the wiki. We haven't discussed the possibility of players/staff updating it, but it might be something to look into (only for a select few though).

As for the mob count requirement, currently mobs from spawners do count. This is a little disappointing but it's how the plugin is. We're talking to our DevMan Bliv to see if he's able to make it so only naturally spawned mobs count.

CAMM_ you magnificent bastard! been here since 1.6 and grew up with the server, but i guess i got to get into my late teens with this server to get that Dragon Slayer rank. (cannot guarantee it, but ill try my best)

Ranks
PreciousStones
Protecting land

Ranks
Awesome work on the ranks! I really like the idea of this, even though it will take a lot longer and requires you to get dirty. Great way to make people more active!

PreciousStones
You say this will play a limited role; I presume?? it is for things that the GriefProtection plugin does not cover. In particular the build I am looking at really requires mob spawning prevention. Will this still be active?
My guess is canons, underwater breathing, mob spawn prevention, magestone will still be active (maybe not magestone as that broke economy pretty bad I think, and you said the economy has been tweaked).

Protecting land
Sounds awesome too, I am really liking how this covers everything you place as a default. Any word on how low/high the AusCraft default will be for protection; and how many blocks per whatever will players be earning.. I would like to protect roughly a 300 x 100 block area.. just curious.

Cheers
Really, really looking forward to this reset. Sounds amazing guys, thanks for all the hard work!

PreciousStones
You say this will play a limited role; I presume?? it is for things that the GriefProtection plugin does not cover. In particular the build I am looking at really requires mob spawning prevention. Will this still be active?
My guess is canons, underwater breathing, mob spawn prevention, magestone will still be active (maybe not magestone as that broke economy pretty bad I think, and you said the economy has been tweaked).

Yes, pstones like mob repellers, launchpads and infinite air will still be available.

Yes, pstones like mob repellers, launchpads and infinite air will still be available.

Fantastic news & thanks for the confirmation. That means my planned build can go ahead then!

I have many more questions.. guess I will just leave it till the server is going, instead of being a pain..