Welcome to the new AusCraft website!
IP Copied!
Click to Copy IP
play.auscraft.net

Denied Unban Request

Status
Not open for further replies.
So MCBans isn't running a 1.10 server and I therefore am unable to /validate there,.. well played

Your IGN: Jivesucka
Do you have any previous names? (Please include): No
Time and date that the ban occurred (Estimate): 2016-07-05 22:08:13
Survival or Creative: Surv
Admins online during the incident: I don't know who all the admins are. Crickity/Jukka
What ban reason do you receive when attempting to log on?:Avoiding the AFK booter
Why do you believe you should be un banned?: I was actually afk at the time? I was running around in circles eating zombie chow in a mystical hole in my basement until about 22:05, then I actually went afk and came back to see "You have been banned for avoiding the afk kick". According to the profile here I apparently received a warning 90 seconds before I was banned, but I didn't see it or I would've told everyone to get bent.

(90 seconds in to a 15 minute afk boot != avoiding the afk kick, surely a warning for avoiding the afk booter needs to be standing for longer than the actual afk boot time. )

Also, waiting for forum replies while you're sitting at the computer doing nothing is heaps lame, when all you want to be doing is playing.

Minley

Admin
Minley
Minley
Hi Jivesucka,

Since I was the one who approved Crickity's ban, I'll handle this.

Firstly: We do not use MCBANS. So well.... Theres that.

Secondly, (don't mind me as I quote). "I was actually afk at the time? I was running around in circles eating zombie chow in a mystical hole in my basement until about 22:05". I warned you for avoiding the afk kick after about 20 minutes of myself, Crickity and Analphalonzy attempting to speak to you, using PM, in general chat and standing in front of you and covering you in stone to get your attention, but apparently while you were "running around in circles eating zombie chow in a mystical hole", you somehow missed all of this?
Thirdly: "According to the profile here I apparently received a warning 90 seconds before I was banned, but I didn't see it or I would've told everyone to get bent." I gave you a warning because you had ignored all of our attempts to get your attention, and as you did not react to the warning, as i asked multiple times to answer in chat (before and after the warning), so i advised Crickity to go ahead with his ban.

Why we came to this conclusion? Because it is blatantly obvious that you were indeed avoiding the afk kick, using (presumably a macro to keep you moving?) As a fellow staff member saw you doing the exact same thing 40 minutes before we found you in your "mystical hole" (which we have screenshot proof of) and began attempting to gain your attention for a solid 20-30 minutes, and we also got video proof or your "running in circles eating zombie chow" without responding.
Your attitude about this matter is revolting considering you want to be unbanned "I would've told everyone to get bent." how would you think being so rude would get you unbanned? "waiting for forum replies while you're sitting at the computer doing nothing is heaps lame, when all you want to be doing is playing." You are the one who broke the rules, and you act like the server owes you something for your inability to take responsibility in your own actions. You truly think we are that stupid? If you would like to have a human conversation about how you would like to be unbanned, we welcome you to do so.

Thanks for your request,
Chat soon,
-Jukka

Alright, I guess I wasn't really paying attention. I had a fork jammed into my mouse to hold down right click, and was spamming the hell out of my wasd keys while I watched a youtube video. But I thought AFK stood for (away from keyboard), and I was quite literally at the keyboard, spamming the keys like a champion. And you may indeed have noticed when I went afk proper, 'cause I stopped running around.

Also, I wasn't intentionally being rude when I said "told everyone to get bent", You've misinterpreted my friendly simpsons reference for some kind of antagonism, and I apologise for the misleadingness of the remark.

Also, the rules aren't exactly clear on what constitutes "avoiding the afk kick", can you explain it in a more definite way?

Ok fair enough, I'm happy to take a 'spirit of the law' ruling there stabby, I'm just curious as to the exact nature of it; I like to know the explicit nature of things.

Minley

Admin
Minley
Minley
You haven't been warned and banned for being afk. Your punishments were given because of the fact that you were indeed avoiding the afk kick. Your "simpsons reference" is a bit more than that, having a bit of respect wouldn't kill you.

The nature of the afk avoidance= you get kicked after 15 minutes, if you avoid that, its against the rules. Simple.

Sorry, I thought my clear language in every post after the first expressed that I'm not being disrespectful, please don't pigeonhole my responses into some kind of 'angry jerk' category... that's not me.

I'm happy to let your ban stand if it's a fair ruling; and from the stink that all you mods seem to be kicking up I guess it must be. I'm just trying to understand the actual rules now. And I'm hesitant to talk in hypotheticals now because I feel like you're all ganging up to rage on me.

Also, would you at all mind if we took this conversation out of public forums? I don't really enjoy being a public spectacle, I really had no other course of action beforehand.

Minley

Admin
Minley
Minley
Following your post, we have extended your temporary ban from the pitiful 3 days it was to 10. And since we have no idea how long you have been using the avoidance of afk for, we also rolled back some of your ontime to make up for this.

Thanks for graciously allowing our ban to stand, as we are pretty sure its fair, as I would not put up with any other type of ban. If you would like to reflect on the server rules, you are welcome to, http://aus-craft.net/forums/wiki/server-rules/#survival-specific-rules.

Let me be clear, this is between you and myself, Stabby, as the server owner, has seen a lot of issues like this in the multiple years on Aus-Craft.
If you would like to private message me about this, you are welcome to, but keep in mind that all unban appeals must be put through this forum and not through PM.

See you soon,

Jukka

Status
Not open for further replies.