Welcome to the new AusCraft website!
IP Copied!
Click to Copy IP
play.auscraft.net

[Teamwork Corner] - Newbie Guide

[Teamwork Corner] - Newbie Guide

Ever wanted to make a guide and get rich for it?

I want you to make a guide to help new Auscraft players who are starting out in the server so I'm letting you all share your knowledge to compile information into a guide.

Payouts are determined by the quality and amount of work you contribute in your submitted guide:

Payouts
  • [1] Informative Guide Payout (First 2 guides submitted only) - $5000 or 64 Diamonds and Major Virtual Handshake
Start us off with a guide that newer players won't find too hard to read but still contains enough information to get new players started and you got yourself a stack of diamonds!
  • [2] New information to add to the submitted Guides Payout - $500 and a Virtual Handshake
See something you think should be in the guide? Submit usable information so we can update the guide and you can buy some more pork chops!
  • [3] Grammar Nazi & Similar Additions - $ 0~100 and a Virtual Handshake
Get your name in the credits

Formatting of Post

IGN: Mui

Requested Payout: 1 [64 diamonds please]

[Guide Here]
You can attach word documents or put your guide in spoilers if there are too many images to help other players load this thread without loading 10 500kb images that take up half the page.

Handshakes:

• Angussidney [ 1 Major Handshake + 1 Handshake ]

Last edited:
Great idea on how to get the info across. I will be writing a FAQ section and maybe a guide to shops too soon.

PS Thanks for the room. If I am not on the server when I post my guide leave the reward in one of the chests (if u can access it, make sure it is protected first)

IMPORTANT! THIS GUIDE IS OUTDATED, PLEASE SEE MY UPDATED FAQ BELOW

IGN:
angussidney

Reward Level: Lv 1 w/ diamonds option
[Please put diamonds in a chest in my apartment, or talk to me when I'm next on]

Guide:

Here is my FAQ guide! It has the official AusCraft logo, fonts, colours, and everything!

Questions answered:
  • What server does everyone go on?
  • I want to go on a server other than survival, why can’t I break any blocks?
  • How do I rank up?
  • Are there fractions on AusCraft?
  • How do I join another server?
  • How do I get out of spawn in Survival? (It’s so big!)
  • How do I set my home?
  • Where are the shops?
  • How can I make my own shops?
  • How do I earn money?
  • How do I protect my base and items?
The guide is 2 and a bit pages long.

Attachments

• FAQ guide.pdf
    161.1 KB · Views: 252
Last edited:
Awesome FAQ, it looks professional and clean and really does answer a lot of questions that beginners might want to know!

There are a few mistakes I have spotted in the FAQ and additions I would like to suggest, but you will receive your payout immediately.
The 64 Diamonds are in your chest as organized.
  1. The correct spelling for Factions is Factions, not fractions ( 1/4 is a fraction)
  2. To get to vanilla , you have to type /van not /v
  3. You can earn money from leveling up MC-MMO abilities & Killing monsters , though mob money drops are chance based and highly nerfed so they are not a profitable source of income.
  4. You can allow access to your chests with /cmodify nameofplayer and remove access with /cmodify -nameofplayer then punching the chests
  5. For more information, you can refer to the auscraft wiki.

Might make a list of useful warps, ie biomes, good grinders, etc. Also does it have to be in written format? because id be more than happy to make a video.

CAMM_

Owner
CAMM_
CAMM_
Wait up, have you guys gone from adding 'new player' information to the wiki, to now a downloadable FAQ?
Or now both?

FAQ looks good, btw angus :smile:

Thanks guys. I will take all suggestions and improve. I'll also put the diamonds into the absolute safety of an ender chest :smile:

Also the bit about the other ways, to make money, I might just write 1 sentence about them.

PS Have u given me the handshake yet or will u wait until we're both on?

And CAMM ---
We're doing both... I think

Last edited:
UPDATED GUIDE ATTACHED
I took in all your suggestions Mui.

PS Does anyone think I should go for bMod sometime?
PPS I just realised I'm not old enough. Have to wait until Feb next year. But I was reading the minimum work ages, I live in NSW and it says there is not set limit to start work. Does that apply? Or do I have to do it based on where the servers are hosted?

Attachments

• FAQ guide.pdf
    161.9 KB · Views: 218
Last edited:
As agreed, from the payout I offered in the post above, I would pay you for your work, because if I didn't pay, It wouldn't be fair on you and it would mean other players who want to write guides or help out the community wouldn't be rewarded for their hard work.

By rewarding players for their efforts, I think it makes players put more effort into making their work look professional and presentable.

The FAQ you made looked clean and professional and also showed us how much work you put into the guide. I'm very pleased with the work you have done. Since you updated your guide and put work into it a bonus would obviously be applicable.

Well thanks Mui for the kind words :D I still think though that I shouldn't be paid to fix errors in my own work though.

And as I said in my last post:
PS Does anyone think I should go for bMod sometime?
PPS I just realised I'm not old enough. Have to wait until Feb next year. But I was reading the minimum work ages, I live in NSW and it says there is not set limit to start work. Does that apply? Or do I have to follow the laws based on where the servers are hosted?
Do you think that when I am old enough I will be accepted? And do you know about whether I can now due to what I looked up?

And....
PS Have u given me the handshake yet or will u wait until we're both on?
Will this happen when the guide is posted? Or just when we are both on?

Well thanks Mui for the kind words :D I still think though that I shouldn't be paid to fix errors in my own work though.

And as I said in my last post:

Do you think that when I am old enough I will be accepted? And do you know about whether I can now due to what I looked up?

And....

Will this happen when the guide is posted? Or just when we are both on?

About applying for staff ranks, You will want to wait till you are old enough based on the current set requirements, because there will be issues regarding decision making and a simple mishap can easily cause trouble around the server.

If your asking for personal opinions, I can tell you through pm but at the same time I am not in any position to talk about staff ranks.

Back on topic:

Ok xD, so how do you want to do this virtual handshake? (Owes you two Handshakes)

[Planning to put your name in a handshakes list on the topic post as well]

=P want me to go [/me handshakes Angussidney for making an awesome guide] while we are both online and send you the screenshot link?
___

About the guide you wrote, because the guide itself is your intellectual property, if you give us a thumbs up to use your guide within the Auscraft community, we can try to see if your FAQ Guide can be put into the wiki or published somewhere.

About applying for staff ranks, You will want to wait till you are old enough based on the current set requirements, because there will be issues regarding decision making and a simple mishap can easily cause trouble around the server.

If your asking for personal opinions, I can tell you through pm but at the same time I am not in any position to talk about staff ranks.

Back on topic:

Ok xD, so how do you want to do this virtual handshake? (Owes you two Handshakes)

[Planning to put your name in a handshakes list on the topic post as well]

=P want me to go [/me handshakes Angussidney for making an awesome guide] while we are both online and send you the screenshot link?
___

About the guide you wrote, because the guide itself is your intellectual property, if you give us a thumbs up to use your guide within the Auscraft community, we can try to see if your FAQ Guide can be put into the wiki or published somewhere.
Yep here is my thumbs up:

I, Angus Atkinson, hereby give my permission to the owners, admins, and wiki editors of AusCraft to use my FAQ guide attached below for any purpose deemed worthy for them.

Will that do fine? :D

Attachments

• FAQ guide.pdf
    161.9 KB · Views: 352
Came back to this thread again, and I want to help some more.

Now that I think of it, my FAQ pretty much covered everything and the wiki covers the rest. Can anyone think of anything I should make a guide on?

You could make a guide on joining Auscraft team-speak or a walkthrough for players on how to start out here.

I think many players are overwhelmed just by trying to get out of the spawn areas & dunno what to do or how to even survive the night without hiding in a hole.

Great idea. On the walkthrough.

But, if you read my thread, I have no idea how to join the teamspeak server. If someone could direct me that would be great!