Welcome to the new AusCraft website!
IP Copied!
Click to Copy IP
play.auscraft.net

horse racing

Who would get a 'kick' out of racing horses?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Good points. Nice effort in writing out.

More points:

CHUNK LOADING - I only meant to have the chunk with the warp in it loaded, that way people can tp their horses without needing a friend. There shouldn't be any redstone inside the warp chunk anyway. If there is, I can mark out a new area with no redstone in it (I have a chunk borders mod installed)

WARP - Will delete when I get on. Probably not for the rest of the week, because I have assignments I need to do. BTW You need to be mooshroom rank if you're not already.

MOBS/DAMAGE - Sounds good, really only the rider gets damage not the horse.

PROMOTION - Haven't done any of that. Only been talking to Khaidu (a horse breeder). A weekly race sounds good, make it on a weekend that way most people are able to participate?

WINNERS PODIUM!!! - You mentioned this in your original post. It doesn't have to be official. Maybe for fun make a pit of death for last place rider? :smile: (not the horse. its not their fault.)

SUCCESS - Khaidu also uses the track. So 4 people!!!!! One it is finished and we do a bit of spreading the word, it probably will become popular.

Anyway, back to the point. It's your track, not mine or anyone else. You get the final word and what you want happens. I just wanted to help a bit.

And if worst comes to worst, and this track isn't popular, so be it. I had a fun time working with you and I'm sure the server appreciates it.

I ran the track the other night, my concerns ATM is the blocks in the reeds are player traps, I got dragged under one of the wool blocks and almost died. Dropping them down so players can't get dragged under them will stop this.

The dirt wall after the reeds needs gap fixing, naturally horses fit in 2x gaps, not 1x so the only way to pass it it to glitch through with lag or luck or to jump over it which is impossible with the water right before it.

Do not let creepers spawn, it isn't as easy as get off and heal your horse, creepers kill horses, as do cactuses. It is too dangerous and is unfair to the player. Horses are not easily replaced. Especially one bought for stats.

The track is turning out great but some obstacles just need some tweaks :smile: this is supposed to be a fun race, not a death race :smile:

Fyi- run the idea of a death race with mods, player traps or anything intended to kill or grief players is against the rules.

Kahidu, you are missing the point with my obstacle (the one with the reeds).

You are meant to walk on top of the green wool. You follow it along and then jump over the green wool wall. Also, you don't even need to jump, it is possible to walk straight across.

Secondly, the 1 block gaps are intended just for that purpose - players can fit, but horses can't. You have to go back and go on top of the green wool at the start if you fall off. I made the gaps for easy movement through the course during creation.

And with the death race - you're right, it is against the rules. But if you give the player about 15 warnings before hand that they might (and probably will) die on the course, you can't exactly say that they weren't warned. They know the risk and it is their fault that they proceed past the point without reading the signs. So I'm not sure if the rules are lenient in that way. Take ./warp dojo, ./warp spleef and ./warp deathship as an example.

And splash - I paid about $10 000 for my good horse - I don't want to lose it. Khaidu has a point.

Fair point about the mobs. I've never paid for a horse so they're not so valuable to me, but I can understand your concerns. If you guys really think there's potential for your expensive horses to die I'll make the track mob-free.

As for the chunk loading thing and /htp, my understanding is the chunk you are trying to teleport your horse FROM is the issue, it unloads after you warp to horserace, then when you /htp it doesn't work because your horse doesn't exist anymore. Correct me if I'm wrong please.

I'd suggest people keep a horse in the stables if they intend to race regularly, maybe not your bestest best horse but it's up to whoever. I'm pretty sure each stable can have gates lockable to a player, I locked mine and I'm guessing I can simply lock and /cmodify a stable for another player. Drop by in-game sometime and I'll try it out.

Khaidu did you leave a present for me? I'm working away there and this random horse is standing on the track staring at me. If it was one of you two then Thanks! He's a beaut, I named him Toblerone. I'm using him and Mustang Silly to breed a few horses to leave untamed for players who either don't have a horse or don't want to risk theirs.

Yes there's a winner's podium now, and a firework dispenser on the finish line. There's a chest in the stables with saddles and sugar, I think I made it public let me know if it isn't. The viewing platform I think is adequate, I can see the whole track from up there ('cept the underground bits), check your view distance.

I am a Mooshroom now. Really should donate again sometime.
I reckon things are really coming together, might be time to pencil a date for the grand opening. I'm easy for whenever, but you two I think should be there.

Well, you are right - when using ./htp, the previous chunk needs to be loaded. However, if you load the warp chunk, then you can warp directly while riding the horse (using ./warp horserace). No htp needed! Test it out using ./warp spawn (the warp, not the usual ./spawn), because the spawn chunks are always loaded.

With the mobs - I didn't think they were much of a problem. I just thought they might be a bit annoying. Even a creeper can't explode in the 1 second it takes to pass it.

Yay!!! Podium!!! Fireworks!!! Will test out when I get on. Also, I can make fireworks as I have about 1 and 1/2 double chests of gunpowder sitting around at home. Sadly TNT isn't enabled :frown:

GG on mooshroom!! Donation is really worth it I think on this server. I would donate if I could. Ender rank is pretty good without any extra perks.

Ohh and that's who Toblerone is... I don't think it was Khai's, his donated horse to u was the one with the really long official name.

Also I have spare horses lying around at home if you want them. Not particularly good, but happy to give away.

Anyway, sounding good!!!

you can warp directly while riding the horse
Aha, this I did not know, would be very handy. Get on sometime with your chunk id plugin and we'll see if there's a quiet chunk to put the warp spawnpad. Actually would have been good to find the chunk borders BEFORE starting the build. And better to lay out the ps stones first as well. See, learning all the time :confused:

I already had a look at the chunk borders, and there is not redstone in the area. One border is between the leftmost and second leftmost blocks when you face the rules. I don't think it crosses any fences or anything.

Are there any admins quietly lurking, following this thread? If so, care to weigh in at this point, whether it would be considered to keep the warp chunk loaded in? Let me know privately if you like, the matter will be put to rest.

Are there any admins quietly lurking, following this thread? If so, care to weigh in at this point, whether it would be considered to keep the warp chunk loaded in? Let me know privately if you like, the matter will be put to rest.

As a admin I can't comment on the chunk loading, except to say "speak to a Muskateer"