Welcome to the new AusCraft website!
IP Copied!
Click to Copy IP
play.auscraft.net

DDoS Attacks and the Future of AusCraft

As most of you know, for the last week AusCraft has been under DDoS attack from unknown parties. In the event that the server has come back online, it has only been brief before the attacks have started again.

We hoped that the attacks would just end as the attackers got bored, however this did not occur.

The attackers have not made themselves known, or made any demands of us.

As such, it's now been 9 straight days of attack with no end in sight.

We are currently reviewing solutions that will both bring the server back online and protect against further attacks in the future however it's not proving a simple solution.

We're hoping to have this in place by Monday evening in order to bring AusCraft back online, permanently.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused and ask for you to bear with us, we're as sad and frustrated as you are.

By the way you've worded this, and by the mere fact that its taken this long, I sense an impending drawback, one quiet heavy. Is this something the community can assist with??

Vincint being us/eu only I unfortunately doubt that the service you linked will be of use. Given how DDoS works I don't know how they can claim to mitigate it so well for the price as the only real way to mitigate it is multiple connections to physically different networks with no one single point of failure. This however comes at great cost unfortunately which is obviously why most don't have such protection.

V

VincentIsAwesome

I know my shit, and they do work.

I do however have to agree with the fact that it's in the US :frown:

N

Ninjahaz1717

I hate to say it, but i think there needs to be a good look at the admins and mods. My friend UltimateBK says he was told to and I quote " shut the fuck up" by demize after he asked a simple question about a sword he got from killing a zombie that spawned near him, the sword had a name of "Doom Blade" that had X on everything. After about a week UltimateBK was on and demize and a couple of other admins/mods were abusing someone else who was a chicken and all he did was ask how to rank up to sheep so he could go on creative. He was swiftly told to go to some wiki website to find out how and the guy refused. Again a simple question asked and a huge deal came about it. They were then arguing and the guy (sorry i cant remember his name) began talking about Ddos'ing the server and how easy it is to do and for a long time. So in my opinion this Ddos attack could of been avoided if the admins/mods just answered a simple question instead of sending links and telling him to look it up. I always thought this server was a great, friendly and just plain awesome server but recently I've noticed a lot of bad behavior from the admins/mods towards new & old members. Again I hate to say it but I think people are abusing their powers.