Welcome to the new AusCraft website!
IP Copied!
Click to Copy IP
play.auscraft.net

Craftbook - requests + aid offer

S

Stealth_builder

Hi guys. relatively new on the server but i do have a vast knowledge of craftbook (not on permssion side but on how to use/work around 80% of craftbook). Some of the vehicle things i have no idea how to get working such as 4 way intersections (i have tried many many times on previous servers)

Things i would like activated on the survival server that are relatively useful

Pipes - create pipes from mines to base to unload to carry on mining
IC's (specifics)
-MC1272 (player sensor - useful for vaults or homes)
-MC1111 - Receiver (wireless redstone - cuts down use of redstone (less lag))
-MC1110 -Transmitter (see MC1110)
- MC1219 -Auto crafter (usage for pipes)
-MC1229 - Sorter (can be manually done, this is more for lazies :P that dump in chests for pipes and want it sorted automatically)
-MC3050 (for combination locks with levers which can be useful)

Thats about it. sadly i'm a chicken right now so i don't have access to craftbook

S

Stealth_builder

Hmm. First time i''ve heard of these few things creating lag. its normally the more advanced ic;s that created the lag

G'day Stealth,

We did have a player that used a lot of craftbook to do things, some of the contraptions were, water pumps, auto farms (planting/harvesting), lava pumps, etc
Unfortunately, I cannot remember all the things that was done

If you would like to inform us of the more advanced ones that created lag that you have come across,
It may help in the possibility of have more craftbook options available.

Cheers

Dobbeh

S

Stealth_builder

pulsers
MC2500
MC2501
MC2510

random high output
MC2020
MC6020

damaging ic's
MC1278
MC1250
MC1251
MC1252
MC1240
MC1241

Fireworks
MC1253

Driller
MC1248

Animal harvester (large scale due to high amounts of animals)
MC1244

Again large scale farming
MC1239
MC1238
MC1235
MC1234
MC1223

Flowing liquid as it floods an area - can create high amounts of lag
MC1222

Time bomb - self explanatory
MC1224

If in high quantities the emitter and zeus bolt
MC1210
MC1203

Creature Spawner - obvious reasons
MC1200

Haven't mucked around with the ones with no description as i couldn't find anything to help test them so probably best to leave those disabled.

Source
http://wiki.sk89q.com/wiki/CraftBook/Integrated_circuits

Basically depends on how they are used and the size of them

S

Stealth_builder

pulsers
MC2500
MC2501
MC2510

random high output
MC2020
MC6020

damaging ic's
MC1278
MC1250
MC1251
MC1252
MC1240
MC1241

Fireworks
MC1253

Driller
MC1248

Animal harvester (large scale due to high amounts of animals)
MC1244

Again large scale farming
MC1239
MC1238
MC1235
MC1234
MC1223

Flowing liquid as it floods an area - can create high amounts of lag
MC1222

Time bomb - self explanatory
MC1224

If in high quantities the emitter and zeus bolt
MC1210
MC1203

Creature Spawner - obvious reasons
MC1200

Haven't mucked around with the ones with no description as i couldn't find anything to help test them so probably best to leave those disabled.

Source
http://wiki.sk89q.com/wiki/CraftBook/Integrated_circuits

Basically depends on how they are used and the size of them

*lag creators

We actually did have a lot of these activated on the server last time but were disabled for various reasons. Really the only people who can yes or no here are the muskies..

Your knowledge of Craftbook is indeed impressive by my standards (Not that they're very high, I can explode a NOTgate).

I have taken a look through the config as to what could be done to enable any more of CraftBook, I understand it has incredible capabilities for redstone and many other things. Unfortunately, when it comes to ICs, they are grouped together in such a way that it's either ALL of them or none at all. Even if we went through and individually tested each piece of CB for exploit capabilities, it would take weeks and we aren't prepared to spend that amount of time on a plugin when there are so many others to maintain on AusCraft.

ICs, pipes and many other things used to be enabled on Survival. We began noticing a drop in TPS once people started building autofarms and auto-sorting machines that each check the area four or five times per second. A couple of hundred signs later and that's quite a significant signal. Coupled with blatant IC and pipe misuse by a couple of players that it came to the point where the server wouldn't even stand on its own.

We are not prepared to deal with that kind of issue again, and as a result, we'll be keeping ICs etc. off the server completely. I'm sure you're aware of the damage that can be done with the more powerful redstone circuitry, so I have no doubt you understand why we have done this. We cannot accomodate 2-3 players and have the rest of the server suffer as a result. Thank you for sharing your knowledge with us.