IP Copied!
Click to Copy IP
play.auscraft.net

Denied X-ray Warning Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your IGN: SevithrTheViper
Please list any previous names or relevant alt accounts:
Time and date that the ban occurred (Estimate): 2-3 hours ago roughly.
What punishment are you appealing? (Jail, Mute, Warning, Kick, Ban): Warning.
Staff online during the incident: I wasn't aware if any staff were on during the time i was mining.
What is the reason given for the punishment?: X-Raying
Tell us your side of the story: Well first off, i'll just say, no. i wasn't x-raying, I'm not going to cheat in a server that i'm looking to invest time on, so i'll say this, if you guys think i'm legitimately x-raying, i'll just leave. i won't waste time on a server that i'll just get banned from later on. been there, done that, plus, the evidence is just, blah. can't put it into words. i'll get into that now.
I reviewed the "evidence" and noticed that the evidence are actually repeats. 4 screen shots of 4T7 Are from the exact same location, just taken from different angles. Listen, you can't take screenshots from different angles and throw that at me like its evidence of me x-raying. After further investigation it is clear to me that ALL of 4T7 Screenshots are repeats, taken from different angles.. Its not valid. and should reviewed again. Unless you got more evidence to clarify he and i X-Rayed Which i'll happy accept. but with the evidence you have provided me with the warning, All you have proven, is that me and 4T7 have dug up diamonds. Your telling me that anyone that dug up diamonds, is x-raying. I am honestly surprised that you haven't gathered screenshots of me combing out a area to search for them deliberately, you know, the strip mine i found 30ish diamond ores at. -6957 11 -7922 i bet you didn't include those because you can't pin me down on that because of how deliberate the mining pattern was. All these Screenshots you have gotten of me "X-Raying" Are displays of luck.. Purely and simply. all of those screenshots you got of 4T7, Is one ore vain taken from different angles. you can tell that is the case from the coords, therefore, his warning should be removed.

I get you're basic mod, But, The evidence you have showed me of "X-Raying" Is so lazily done. Even a staff member with zero experience should have been able to get this right, and because of it, I am Insulted. I am so appalled, i honestly feel its a personal attack because me and my mates got our stuff rolled back because of such a weak and lazy claim. It feels less of a claim, but more of personal attack.

Just to end this off, I don't feel comfortable playing on the server anymore. Mining is a basic core aspect of the game, and if every time i find a random diamond, and i get accused for cheating from it, then i'll stop mining completely. Because of that, I don't feel like its even safe to log in and waste my time on a server im going to eventually get banned from because i'm just playing the game. and because of this, you have really made me question the validity of the entire staff team. and because of that, im done for tonight, il keep an eye on the forums. I would leave the evidence that was provided to me, but i can't upload them because the files are too large apperantly. (1.22mb per image...wow) I can't provide a link either because of this quote
"SevithrTheViper, in an effort to battle spam, we're restricting the ability to post links until you have 3 or more posts. Before then, please do not post any links as they will be rejected."
so... The mod is gonna have to provide it. Didn't want to drop names but, iLycheeee is the one that issued me the warning, and provided me the evidence.

Good night.

AttitudeJuanita

Admin
AttitudeJuanita
AttitudeJuanita
Hey there Sev, Ill be helping to clear things up for both parties today.

I went ahead and pulled the screenshots in question, and found the angles to be somewhat confusing on first appearance, that ill agree with, but with understanding of all parameters in place, they soon become quite clear.
I also took some time to go through every location, and treated it as if I were the one capturing the screenshots, and then comparing them back to the original, and the results turned out the same, otherwise meaning, the evidence provided was valid, but confusing without prior knowledge of how its presented.

This album here shows the same ores in the original warn, but with clear certainty: https://imgur.com/a/xgCzP

With all this in mind, The warning will be staying in place, but its not all doom and gloom, Warnings only last 60 days before they expire.

Hello SevithrTheViper,

Thank you for submitting this warning appeal. As you know, I was the Mod that requested your warning yesterday.
I apologise you feel this is a personal attack on yourself, which I can assure you is not, and hope you can understand our decision.

The reason both yourself and 4T7 have the same images as evidence was due to the two of you mining together for a period of time. Therefore many logs were intertwined and so the same images were used. If your friend believes they do not deserve their warning, please ask them to submit their own warning appeal.

The way we differentiate between regular mining as x-raying is the nature and consistency of the ores that were discovered. As requested, I have recollected my evidence which can be found here. The coordinates that were provided in your thread were also visited, but there were no block changes within a 10 block radius of that position. As a result, that point has been disregarded.

The original imgur post can be accessed from http://auscraft.net/bans/

As AttitudeJuanita has mentioned, a warning is not a ban so you are still welcome to play on the AusCraft server.

Thank you~
Lycheeee

Status
Not open for further replies.