Welcome to the new AusCraft website!
IP Copied!
Click to Copy IP
play.auscraft.net

What kind of builder are you?!

So we all love to play minecraft, and everyone has a different build preference, so I thought I would make this thread so we can all learn a bit about eachother.

Personally the first thing I do is build a small but detailed building to start my mine, then from there I find iron and diamond ect while collecting stone.

next, i normally build a farm house and close by a mansion (I am actually at this point on our server)

from there I make another mine, but now that I am more prepared I make it properly with mine carts and organised storage ect, and being in a new area it brings me more hope of finding diamonds. I normally burrow down to bedrock and mine out a 2 high area large enough that you can't see any of the sides from the middle, this size depends on my mood at the time and sometimes gets extended later on. Now the tedious bit begins, I dig up four blocks and clear another 2 high area, the same size as the one below leaving two blocks between the two which I inspect for or on both sides obviously. I continue this method all the way to the surface. this is never done in the one stint it generally takes me some time to complete and i normally do it as i need more stone. However I do a fair bit in the initial stages, because once I do it for enough layers I actually remove the floors and use the bottom as my "redstone invention lab" it has plenty of room, its out of sight and there is no risk of mobs annoying me while I build and no risk of water or lava since that problem was already been solved whilst clearing it out I have two passions on minecraft, big builds, and extensive redstone contraptions. My most proud redstone build to date was a 7x7 seamless hidden piston door, with the flick of a button i was literally able to open a wall but if you didn't know about the door you wouldn't even look twice at the wall, it was 100% seamless! it took hours of patience and swearing, but in the end it was more than worth it!

But lets get back on track! After the Lab is ready I have generally thought of a major build I want to do, and by this time i have plenty of cobble stone, so depending on what it is I will use the stone to plot out the dimensions or if possible I use the stone to create a "skeleton" of the desired building.

and that is where the real minecraft experience kicks in for me, once I reach this point, what I called "settled in" I begin to create, gather other materials such as dying my sheep for color wool, and mining nether quartz. from this point on, the minecraft world is my oyster, and amazing things follow. I am looking forward to reaching this point on our server and introducing you to some great builds, hopefully some that will hold the same awe that alot of current builds on the server already do.

So that is my "play style" and today I ask you...

What is yours?

Interesting, it may be easier to find diamonds around Y=3 to Y=13, they usually tend to be down there and do grid mining. So, Make your big long 2x1 tunnel for you to walk down and every two blocks along on either side, make another 2x1 tunnel, as each tunnel is every two blocks, you'll never miss a diamond hiding in the middle, it will always be visible if you pass it; also on those branch tunnels, make more tunnels every two blocks, eventualyl giving you a grid if you cut the top off...

My style:
I like building large but realistic. I might start with a small shack or something but then I will outline walls and start placing signs for what will be where, at this point I will start using the chests of material I've gathered to start assembling it and if I run out, I get more materials. This is how I made "Seven's Ranch" if you've ever seen it. After the build is done I might make additional builds around it like it would IRL, e.g. if it's the Ranch, I built a "Ranch Cottage" outside of it, made a forest around it making it look O'natural and then bonemealing the place.

I also like landscaping, even if I find the "Perfect" place I will always end up modifying the hell out of it to get my desired effect. I always try to make the land look as natural as possible. On the old map when I did a replica of TheSyndicateProject's house I ended up building two large mountains that were hollow on the inside just so the build would look and shape right. Normaly I build in survival, I like the novelty of it but sometimes for much larger builds or builds that are needed quickly, I'll do it in creative. (Or if I just get bored of survival).

That's mine :smile:

Interesting topic, I like it.

I generally run as far from spawn as I can and hope to find some sort of terrain that stands out from it's surroundings, from here I start a mine and gather necessary resources such as Diamond, Iron and Coal then I begin to craft my armor and tools so I can mine, excavate, make a farm, defend myself, and all those other special things in minecraft.
I prefer to build using my surroundings, such as extreme hills. If you got the right ideas you can really brighten up a mountain with your imagination.

Good thread idea Telik. I try to find the biggest forest or jungle(preferably near a body of water, lake or river preferably). I then build my house out of wood and some cobble. My main building style is natural or traditional depending on what I am building. I like big trees and bridges.

Zarzul's Tip: Always leave room to expand so that it doesn't look like you just stuck it to the side of the house.

I'm the type if builder that build an unfinished wooden house as close to spawn as possible, log off and never come back.

:smile:

Whenever I start playing on any server I find a flat peice of land that is far away from any other buildings. I then set up a small hut that also doubles as my intial storage room before digging down to bedrock (Y=5) where I start shaft mining to get resources. If there happens to be a cave system nearby I also explore that as it is good place to get an initial stock of coal and iron. Along with digging down to bedrock I set up a small farm to supply my intial food needs until I get enough resources to set up a more permanent farm.

Most of the things I construct tend to invovle redstone, which is why my mining area tends to stick near bedrock as I tend to find a lot of redstone ore here. After setting up a few redstone contaptions I start migrating towards building a more elaborate house and other structures.