Status
Not open for further replies.
Your IGN: Sinnethh
Please list any previous names or relevant alt accounts: iDutch_
Time and date that the ban occurred (Estimate): 11:01 PM March 24th
What punishment are you appealing? (Jail, Mute, Warning, Kick, Ban): Ban
Staff online during the incident: AttitudeJuanita and Minley
What is the reason given for the punishment?: Under Investigation "Exploit"

Tell us your side of the story: After finding an exploit involving spawners, it was immediately reported to staff members which then came to view this exploit and had been recreated for them to witness this exploit, The staff members had viewed this exploit were AttitudeJuanita and Minley. After this was reported and had been seen by said staff. I went back to my base to continue on with what i was doing. I had then got curious as to see what Entities could've been spawned. all Items from said spawners were disposed of or taken by Minley. I had spawned 4 additional spawners after the exploit had been reported.

[19:29:05] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] (!) Given Sinnethh a Wither Skull spawner.
[19:29:39] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] (!) Given Sinnethh a Shulker spawner.
[19:58:34] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] (!) Given Sinnethh a Drowned spawner.
[19:59:02] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] (!) Given Sinnethh a Drowned spawner.
These were the only spawners that had been placed ONCE.

I'm aware that staff members may think we/I had continued to exploit this glitch/bug in order for our/my own advantage but in fact we were actually destroying the items that had not been destroyed the first time around, after doing so We/I was approached by Minley ingame who then asked If i had continued to spawn spawners and keep the items. I replied with "i've got 2 shulker shells thats it tho" which was then taken from a chest. I had also mentioned to Minley to look through my chests to see if i had kept anything else. It never happened.

[20:16:06] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] PM Minley -> Me: Hey have you spawned any more spawners in since you let me know/kept any and put them in chests or placed any more?
[20:16:49] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] PM Me -> Minley: i've got 2 shulker shells thats it tho
[20:16:57] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] PM Me -> Minley: i didnt have anywhere to dispose of them
[20:17:01] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] PM Me -> Minley: if you wanna come take them come get em
[20:17:21] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] PM Me -> Minley: sorry if that was a late reply i've got 2 MC's open trying to figure something out
[20:17:34] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] PM Me -> Minley§7: chest im standing on
[20:17:50] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] PM Me -> Minley§7: feel free to check the rest of my chests
[20:17:54] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] PM Minley -> Me: thanks
[20:18:01] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] PM Me -> Minley: np

To end up this report It has been 172 days since my last warning/ban and I have learnt from my mistakes and if I had to plan to use this exploit for my own personal advantage i would not have brought it to staff's attention straight away! I want to be productive member of this community and provide as much help as i possibly can

Last edited:
Hello @PoisonedAutumn

As you are aware, a selection of players has been quarantined due to a bug that the staff team was notified of on 24/03/2019.

We treat exploits very seriously. As a result, we want to ensure that we make a clear and accurate assessment of the situation and what preventative measures could henceforth be taken.

Please bear with us as we review the situation. We will endeavour to reach a conclusion as soon as possible.

If you have any further information to contribute, please send me a private message via the forums or discord.

- iLycheeee

you stated that a selection of players have been quarantined being Nukein and myself. If anything I personally believe the bans are out of hand and shouldn’t have been made in the first place. The easiest possible way to get this sorted is by doing the job properly (not saying you did anything wrong) the fall is mainly on Minley from not viewing chests, logs and inventories of Nukein and myself. Like yes I understand you want to be safe to make sure we haven’t done anything to take advantage of this exploit but banning 2 players (3 if you include my alt) is way out of hand. Especially if it’s 7 days and is also wasting time on my Immortal rank. No rules have been broken. We reported the bug as soon as it was found.
I also believe it was a miscommunication between Minley and other staff. I had contacted another staff member which who will not be named and they told me approximately 20+ spawners were spawned in by Nukein and myself. As you can see by the logs I had spawned 4, I also can provide Nukein's logs where he spawned 10. That’s 14.

Hello @PoisonedAutumn

It was confirmed that you were exploiting the bug. You did not immediately report the bug via /report or messaging any Staff member when bug was first discovered. You proceeded to reproduce the bug several times after Staff were made aware of the bug. (Attempts to reproduce bug: 15)

"exploiting"
  • Reproducing the bug repeatedly as well as placing and retaining items obtained from bug.
  • By retaining items obtained from bug and only handing over or discarding when staff intervened.
Regarding your comments targeting specific Staff members who were directly handling the situation in-game, all containers and logs were reviewed efficiently and accurately in a timely manner which assisted in this final decision.

It is the consensus of the Staff team that the ban on both Sinnethh and iDutch_ will remain on your accounts until the time has expired.

In order to prevent future incidences such as this one, please ensure to /report all bugs, glitches and uncertainties when they are first discovered and leave testing for Staff members.

If there are any points you would like me to clarify, please message me on Discord or via Forum Mail. Unfortunately no negotiations or discussion will change the outcome of this ban.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Regards,
iLycheeee

Status
Not open for further replies.