Denied Unban request (proper)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your IGN: Nukein
Time and date that the ban occurred (Estimate): 11:01 PM March 24th
What punishment are you appealing? (Jail, Mute, Warning, Kick, Ban): Ban
Staff online during the incident: AttitudeJuanita and Minley
What is the reason given for the punishment?: Under Investigation "Exploit"

Tell us your side of the story: Most likely doesn't matter after seeing sinneths post but here we go.

So myself and Sinneth were playing around with a command which obviously got overlooked when setting rank permissions. (Who knows for how many Minecraft versions)
we were placing the spawner cages and deleting them as we went. We then demonstarted to Minley and afterward AttitudeJuanita in which no point told us to stop or removed the items from our inventories whilst performing the actions in dispute.

[21:20:11] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] §5§l[§d§l$§5§l] §7§d§lSorcerer §5§l» §7§7§7§7Nukein§7: choose a mob
[21:20:16] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] §7§6§lMod §e§l» §7§7§7§7Minley§7: a chicken?
[21:20:23] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] §5§l[§d§l$§5§l] §7§d§lSorcerer §5§l» §7§7§7§7Nukein§7: a better mob
[21:20:32] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] §7§6§lMod §e§l» §7§7§7§7Minley§7: hmm
[21:20:37] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] §7§6§lMod §e§l» §7§7§7§7Minley§7: enderman
[21:20:45] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] (!) Given Nukein a Enderman spawner.
[21:20:47] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] Spawners » You have placed the spawner
[21:20:58] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] §7§6§lMod §e§l» §7§7§7§7Minley§7: hm
[21:21:08] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] §5§l[§d§l$§5§l] §7§d§lSorcerer §5§l» §7§7§7§7Nukein§7: i'll pm you minley
[21:21:13] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] §7§6§lMod §e§l» §7§7§7§7Minley§7: I noticed that players could change their spawners
[21:21:21] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] §5§l[§d§l$§5§l] §7§d§lSorcerer §5§l» §7§7§7§7Nukein§7: or i'll pm camm on dc
[21:21:26] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] §7§6§lMod §e§l» §7§7§7§7Minley§7: no pm me
[21:21:50] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] §5§l[§d§l$§5§l] §7§d§lSorcerer §5§l» §7§7§7§7Nukein§7: we'll test another
[21:21:56] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] (!) Given Nukein a Shulker spawner.
[21:21:58] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] Spawners » You have placed the spawner!
[21:22:02] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] §7§6§lMod §e§l» §7§7§7§7Minley§7: wtf
[21:22:30] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] §5§l[§d§l$§5§l] §7§d§lSorcerer §5§l» §7§7§7§7Nukein§7: minley
[21:22:32] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] §7§6§lMod §e§l» §7§7§7§7Minley§7: thats super fucked up lmao
[21:22:34] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] §5§l[§d§l$§5§l] §7§d§lSorcerer §5§l» §7§7§7§7Nukein§7: take the shulker shell
[21:22:38] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] §5§l[§d§l$§5§l] §7§d§lSorcerer §5§l» §7§7§7§7Nukein§7: and get rid of it
[21:22:46] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] §9§l[§b§l$§9§l] §7§b§lImmortal §9§l» §7§7§7§7Sinnethh§7: no
[21:22:47] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] §9§l[§b§l$§9§l] §7§b§lImmortal §9§l» §7§7§7§7Sinnethh§7: haha
[21:22:49] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] §9§l[§b§l$§9§l] §7§b§lImmortal §9§l» §7§7§7§7Sinnethh§7: its way to broken
[21:22:52] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] §7§6§lMod §e§l» §7§7§7§7Minley§7: yeah
[21:23:12] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] §a§lPM §aMe §7-> §bMinley§7: §fthe command to give spawners isn't disabled

How i came across the command was i was going to /spawn and went down to the option of spawner which gave this output
[21:11:42] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] /spawners give <player> <entity> [amount]

Also, as you can see the first spawner being a skeleton
[21:11:49] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] (!) Given Nukein a Skeleton spawner.

Now if you look at the time there is less than an 8 minute window before mod (intervention) if you would call it that. At no point were we told to stop (as you can see via the provided chat logs)

I think the best outcome is to learn from your mistakes and move on as these were not exploited in the 8 minute time frame. All spawners that were created were destroyed by myself and sinneth or removed by minley (read chatlogs) in which we requested. All cages were spawned within 10 chunks of each other give or take.

Also, lncheee, you claim we exploited the command within 8 minutes.

exploit
verb

/ɪkˈsplɔɪt,ɛkˈsplɔɪt/
  1. 1.
    make full use of and derive benefit from (a resource).
If you can explain for either of us benefited from this, i'm all ears.

I know it was stupid of us to continue doing this but the mods present could of definitely done more given the circumstances (enforce the rules (15) instead of sit back doing nothing)

If you go round and use your hawkeye or what ever command checks block breaks/places, you'll see that there are no outstanding cages. and any items obtained during were voluntary given to minley or manually taken.

As above, best case is to learn from your mistakes and move on. 7 days is a bit much given this is not just 1 sided.

Thanks

Last edited:
Hello @SL4Y3R

The rules state, "Plugins may not always work as intended, and abusing any bugs, exploits and/or glitches is not allowed" and "If you're caught abusing any exploits or glitches you will be punished..."

It was confirmed that you were abusing and/or exploiting the bug. You did not immediately report the bug via /report or messaging any Staff member when bug was first discovered. You proceeded to reproduce the bug several times after Staff were made aware of the bug including after warnings from 2 staff members. (Attempts to reproduce bug: 25)

"exploiting"
  • Reproducing the bug repeatedly as well as placing and retaining items obtained from bug.
  • Spreading knowledge of the bug to other players.
  • Appear to want to continue to conceal bug when Staff intervened.
Regarding your rank permission comment, this was not a permission that was overlooked. Precautions and amendments will be implemented following this situation to prevent future incidences such as this.

In order to prevent future incidences such as this one, please ensure to /report all bugs, glitches and uncertainties when they are first discovered and leave testing for Staff members.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Regards,
iLycheeee (aka. Incheee)

Status
Not open for further replies.