Welcome to the new AusCraft website!
IP Copied!
Click to Copy IP
play.auscraft.net

Survival Clarification

E

elzaer

I just want to clarify a survival rule:

Is it purely just building destruction/greifing that is off limits? is PvP completely open slather? Apologies if this is obvious, I am new to "protected" survival servers.

The only mention of players in the Survival rules is: "... killing other players mobs. " it doesn't actually specify anything about killing other players. I don't see much death spam though, so there could be an unwritten rule about PvP that was on a sign, or somewhere else that can easily be missed.

I know that admins word is final, so if your just running rampant, or trying to take advantage of the rule-set you are going to be disciplined either way, I have no arguments with this.

I just got myself into a little bit of strife with my bad interpretations of greifing last night and I don't want to be banned for making a mistake like that again. I should clarify I am not an MLG kill machine, I just like the tension that is added to the game when you have to watch over your shoulder, or after failing to do so trying to seek revenge :smile:

E

elzaer

So it is pure PvE, I guess that is okay. Do many people play vanilla?

E

elzaer

I did mean survival. I wanted to play a populated, Australian based survival server, and thought I had found gold when I came across AusCraft but it seems it is pretty dulled down. I will have to slug out the 24hours until I get rank to try the Vanilla server.

Be nice if the Survival server had like a lawless region where it wasn't just about building and mining, and PvP was allowed. The badlands could be like anything beyond 20k from the spawn zone or something like that. The true wilderness and final frontier! How exciting that would be, venturing out to building something that wasn't always going to stand for 1,000 years untouched

I did mean survival. I wanted to play a populated, Australian based survival server, and thought I had found gold when I came across AusCraft but it seems it is pretty dulled down. I will have to slug out the 24hours until I get rank to try the Vanilla server.

Be nice if the Survival server had like a lawless region where it wasn't just about building and mining, and PvP was allowed. The badlands could be like anything beyond 20k from the spawn zone or something like that. The true wilderness and final frontier! How exciting that would be, venturing out to building something that wasn't always going to stand for 1,000 years untouched
it has around 20 people on ato most times, just not in the morning.

In survival, you can /warp dojo for pvp and do stuff like /warp spleef , There are probably other mini games around and stuff like death house or something where its full on pvp enabled warfare against monsters. (forgot the warp but when I tried it our team of 3 all got pwned so hard from never ending waves of mobs and the final trap xD)

There are reasons why we don't make server wide pvp / grief enabled servers, but vanilla server entry requires a certain rank so we can minimize griefing since mob grief in vanilla is enabled. (Mob Griefing is also logged so luring creepers to explode someones house will still get you caught).

In survival, you can /warp dojo for pvp and do stuff like /warp spleef , There are probably other mini games around and stuff like death house or something where its full on pvp enabled warfare against monsters. (forgot the warp but when I tried it our team of 3 all got pwned so hard from never ending waves of mobs and the final trap xD)

There are reasons why we don't make server wide pvp / grief enabled servers, but vanilla server entry requires a certain rank so we can minimize griefing since mob grief in vanilla is enabled. (Mob Griefing is also logged so luring creepers to explode someones house will still get you caught).

One of the mob minigames is ./warp deathship