Welcome to the new AusCraft website!
IP Copied!
Click to Copy IP
play.auscraft.net

Server Status

Howdy all,

This my not be my place and if it's not I do apologise. Not trying to step on toes or whatever and also NOT trying to create an argument for anyone to post. But there are a few peeps who have no idea what is going on. Thought maybe I can shed some light from my limited knowledge on why the server is down. If an admin feels the need to delete this I have no hard feelings what-so-ever, do what you must - I respect the decision.

From what I understand is that the server was attacked by DOSing. I have no idea what that is until I googled it and still really have no idea lol. But it seems to have affected the server to the point of its current status.

Why someone did this ..... don't know. Seems childish as it affects everyone's enjoyment and community. But it was done and hoping that whoever has done this can stop so that we all can start having fun again.

I will wait as long as needed till the server is up - call me dedicated :smile:. It won't stop me from coming to the server (which is what I think is one of the outcomes from whoever has done this).

So a suggestion for anyone who has problems within the server - talk to an admin. Let them hear your case, decide on an action and do their duties. It's why they are put there in that position. And if your complaint is about an admin, there is always one above them ..... unless it is the owner .... then bribes may be an option :smile: j/k

Thanks

~Tex

T

TaelXene

my understanding of a DDoS/DoS attack, is much like a Japanese Train Station, and People being IP addresses.

Imagine cramming thousands of people inside one little carriage. You can try and block certain people to ease the flow, and allow your regular, run-of-the-mill nice guys in, but because there a so many cramming in through so few doors, it still makes it hard to distinguish who is legitimate and who isnt, and in the end, there's just too many people for the train to move, so it breaks down, or in this case, overloads and kaputs!

...or something like that. I'm usually quite bad with metaphors.