Click to Copy IP
play.auscraft.net

Regarding the current server downtime.

CAMM_

Owner
CAMM_
CAMM_
Hey all,
Earlier today we noticed signs of something crying on the box we host AusCraft on.

We've been in touch with the Data Center (where our box is located), at this stage it looks like our back-up drives have failed. This is purely for any of our old servers and data.
Your data hasn't been lost. We have no reason to believe that any current data has been affected, so please do not worry about this.

Where to from here?
We're going to have to get the box manually restarted and checked. At the same time, we'll be upgrading any older and failing parts to the latest hardware to improve performance, and decrease the chance of issues like this arising in the future.
For now, we don't have an estimate as to when the server will back online, we know it won't be anytime in the next 72 hours. But will keep this post updated as soon as we know more.
In the meantime, we will be setting up a temporary semi-vanilla server which will be running 1.11 to hopefully keep you guys entertained until we can get this issue resolved. The IP is vanilla.auscraft.net

We appreciate everyones patience in this, and we will work the best we can to get the server reinstated as soon as possible.
If you have any questions, feel free to post them below or PM one of us.
Just to confirm again, your current data has not been lost.

As always, thank you all for your support <3

-------------------------------
UPDATE - 15/12/16

Time for an update!
So it's been four days since we first noticed the server having issues, since then we have been liaising with the guys at the data center, got our server checked out physically, have ordered and received the new parts to replace the damaged ones, and upgrade some of the older stuff.
We're still in the process of trying to get things shipped to upload all of your data back onto the new drives...but...Australia Post during Christmas, ya feel me?

Here's the plan:
Best case scenario, we get what we need delivered to Mr. Tech by late Friday/early Saturday, he does his magic, we check for any game breaking bugs and we get the server live again by this Saturday night.
Worst case scenario, we can't get what we need delivered until Monday, which would mean a Monday or Tuesday night release.

Changes to the server:
Upon making the server live again, there will be some changes. We'll be running 1.11 (which means spawn will be full of llamas)! We will also have the map extended by 5,000 blocks each way, hopefully producing some awesome mansions and other features of 1.11 :wink:

We understand some people get frustrated with the server being down, but please try and remain respectful to each other, and stay patient for updates on this thread only. We will always post any update we have as soon as we have confirmation on everything. Remember, staff are asked to direct anyone with questions related to the server to come here.
Not long to go now!
-------------------------------

Last year the hurdle was paying a technician to go to New Zealand, diagnose what was wrong with the box (unseated components), ship the box back to Australia to be rehomed in a Sydney datacenter. There was no need for a new server. We just needed to raise the funds for labour and shipping.

This year, that will be a lot simpler since the tech, parts and DC are in the same city, and the server is financially sound to the point where we don't have to raise funds to rectify the issue.

o_O bMod applications for the month have to close first. They've still got another day for more people to apply.

So how is the server now ? I had a power supply failure in my server today, secondary p/s kicked in but the $500 replacement cost is not what i needed.

Professionally speaking : as someone (me) who's primary income is servers and ISP work, I was referring to the ACTUAL problems. In 72 Hours i can have a server built and shipped from CA in the USA and running in a rack ( within the 72 hours ).

And i don't like the Aus-craft staff on the temp server telling me to "look here" which tells me..... nothing. I was going to ask if $$ help $$ was needed again.
Try to be social and i forgot that some of the people are just shitheads.

Professionally speaking : as someone (me) who's primary income is servers and ISP work, I was referring to the ACTUAL problems. In 72 Hours i can have a server built and shipped from CA in the USA and running in a rack ( within the 72 hours ).

And i don't like the Aus-craft staff on the temp server telling me to "look here" which tells me..... nothing. I was going to ask if $$ help $$ was needed again.
Try to be social and i forgot that some of the people are just shitheads.

Buddy we get asked that same thing all the time. We direct people here because ANY updated information will be given out here. What you read here is all we have to give you. You can clearly ask about $$$ right here, where we direct people to look.

I dont appreciate being referred to as a 'shithead' which appropriately describes your attitude. Clean up the attitude, ASAP.

Last edited:

Minley

Admin
Minley
Minley
Hideous62. If 100 players asked us "Whats happening with the server?" "is it almost fixed yet" "why is it taking so long" "How long is it going to take", multiple times, I'm sure you can understand how annoyed and frustrated we would get. And trust me, we still are constantly being asked. As soon as we get info, we would put it here, which is why we ask players to look here for any new announcements, and not badger staff, who are attempted to track down grief and players issues, amongst having their own lives, especially during the Christmas period.

Its alright to be frustrated, but I do hope you understand how frustrated staff are also; so there's no real need to call us "shitheads". If you have a problem, just PM a staff member okay? No need to vent frustrations in this thread. Just keep this thread for server related updates and I said, you're welcome to PM myself if you have any other issues.

I think we sometimes forget that AusCraft as a business, which lets be honest any decent Minecraft server is. Is not a multi million dollar organisation.
AusCraft is a non-for-profit organisation, with some outstanding leadership, which has the industry connections and expertise to allow the server to run as well as it does, for as long as it has.
I can understand from an IT background working for companies that rely on the services they provide to pay their staff, bills, suppliers and other expenses.
No staff member on AusCraft is being Paid to do what we do, either monetarily or by services or benefits outside of what is considered the required amount of in-game permission to perform to task we have signed up, voluntarily, to do.

Like wise no muskie is taking financial gain from hosting and operating this server. Donations which are made (which maybe in excess one month of the running costs of the server) only go towards the server. Any excess is kept for future 'rainy days'.

We are currently in a rainy day situation, and i for one am glad that the combined efforts of the muskies, staff and general community of AusCraft have maintained this server to a level of professionalism where players have felt that their money is well invested in 'perks' to further improve the way they enjoy playing with us. Enough so to the point that when catastrophic failure (which, once repaired will seem like it never happened, from what i have heard) occurs, that the muskies are able to, although still limited by budget, purchase the required labor and parts required to maintain the functional hosting of the server as we have grown to know it.

I want everyone who has read this post, who is not already invested in a continued effort to maintain the quality and fairness, that we all know AusCraft for, to take some damn ownership of yourselves and the server that you occupy. We are ALL in this together, AusCraft is not a competition, it is a Community. I cannot stress that word enough.

There is no need to be angry at things that are out of our control (yes i said our, there is nothing more any of us can do) we have to accept that, like life, shit does happen. But we own that, we accept that and we work towards making our situation better.

And don't forget, AusCraft Isn't down. Just the map that you have been playing on, and it's only down temporarily. We're all still on discord, we're all still playing MC. Why not spend the time to get to know some of the players you don't normally base with, you might get to know us all a bit better.

-Fr3aky