Welcome to the new AusCraft website!
IP Copied!
Click to Copy IP
play.auscraft.net

Plugin Suggestion/Request for Warps

Would you prefer a warp gui over /warp list?

• No, what kinda moron are you?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys & Gals, Muskies & Mods!

While playing along on AC, I noticed the /warp list grow from 2 pages to 10 and up up n up.
Would really love to see a warp list GUI similar to what we have for /ah

That way you could just /warps (or something similar) and have all the available warps pop up in 1/2 pages instead of a list of 20 pages long; with click to warp. Updates automatically in alphabetical order or something so that it doesn't need work after initial setup.

I know there are already some plugins out there that do this, just hoping there is something that fits kind of easily into the system we already have. If we were really lucky it would even have a search option??

Obviously if you already know what you want, /warp blahblah is quicker still.. but when you are looking through the warps I think a GUI would be so much better.

Dont forget to poll!

Love you guys, thanks for all your hard work <3 :D

I actually like the idea, but then that would ruin my plan of making a nice looking summary/image on the forums/imgur of all the warps that are available :P

I think this actually needs a fourth option; the ability to put some sort of metadata against the warp, so people can search for it. So if you had a warp with books and potions, you could call it "Pink's Pawn Shop", but attach "enchant", "book", and "potion" to the warp, so if, for instance, someone searched warps for "book", your shop would come up.

CAMM_

Owner
CAMM_
CAMM_
Thanks for the suggestion, @PinkPawn.
We had a chat about this and unfortunately we aren't going to look into, the main reason being is that if we had a single slot in a GUI for every warp on the server, it would be way to tedious and take ten times as long to hover over every slot to see the names of the warps. Even if it resulted a search such as @Cluracan suggested, this would still take longer than it would in-game.

I know /warp list returns a lot of text, use /warp list -n <name> to try and narrow it down (if you're looking for a specific shop).
We may look at another method going off your idea in the future, but for now it'll stay how it is. :smile:

Cheers again, Pink :smile:

Oh, I wasn't suggesting putting a GUI on it; just adding the metadata to the existing text/command based warp system. So you could sitll do /warp list -n <word> and /warp list -c <name>, but there might be a /warp list -s <meta-term> that would return warps with the term in the metadata.

Status
Not open for further replies.