Click to Copy IP
play.auscraft.net

Pipes - Craftbook

CAMM_

Owner
CAMM_
CAMM_
Hey Inmused,
Cheers for the suggestion. For reference our fork of Craftbook is based off 4.0.

From memory many years ago we had Pipes enabled, but it caused some pretty horrendous issues (in the way of lag, and also duplication bugs).

The developer of Craftbook is currently working on version 5 of the plugin, which will be a large revamp. So, I won't say no to this for now, in-fact I will test it out when I get some time on the dev server, but I would be inclined to wait until it's rewritten for Craftbook 5.

Inmused

Inmused
Inmused
Hey Inmused,
Cheers for the suggestion. For reference our fork of Craftbook is based off 4.0.

From memory many years ago we had Pipes enabled, but it caused some pretty horrendous issues (in the way of lag, and also duplication bugs).

The developer of Craftbook is currently working on version 5 of the plugin, which will be a large revamp. So, I won't say no to this for now, in-fact I will test it out when I get some time on the dev server, but I would be inclined to wait until it's rewritten for Craftbook 5.
All good. Thought that might be the case.

CAMM_

Owner
CAMM_
CAMM_
What is in the pipe system that couldn't be done with the Deposit/Collect signs, though?
To be fair I haven't looked over the entirety of the Pipes mechanic yet.

Astigmatic

Astigmatic
Astigmatic
What is in the pipe system that couldn't be done with the Deposit/Collect signs, though?
To be fair I haven't looked over the entirety of the Pipes mechanic yet.
I'd say the advantage of pipes are them being more compressed, and won't stop at chunk borders, and don't cause as much lag as items in waterstreams

CAMM_

Owner
CAMM_
CAMM_
I'd say the advantage of pipes are them being more compressed, and won't stop at chunk borders, and don't cause as much lag as items in waterstreams
What stops at chunk borders (assuming you're referring to waterstreams)?

Astigmatic

Astigmatic
Astigmatic
What stops at chunk borders (assuming you're referring to waterstreams)?
For example, there's a really long waterstream from my mob farm to my base. When I warp home, a huge clump of items arrives after a delay. this means that the items are getting stopped at render limit

CAMM_

Owner
CAMM_
CAMM_
For example, there's a really long waterstream from my mob farm to my base. When I warp home, a huge clump of items arrives after a delay. this means that the items are getting stopped at render limit
Ah, yeah of course, it wouldn't be processing entities in an unloaded chunk.
How useful are waterstreams compared to just using the Deposit/Collect signs to move these items for you? Or is it just difficult to incorporate that into a mob farm?