Welcome to the new AusCraft website!
IP Copied!
Click to Copy IP
play.auscraft.net

New Aus-ranks.

Would you like this to happen?

• Total voters
First off i would like to say that this is has not happened yet.
My first idea was that everyone would have to get to the ocelot rank to buy the first ranks.
I was thinking of the ranks to be straight after MagmaSlime. After you pay the $30,000 you can then buy the next rank lets say : Zombie: $60,000 then skeleton and so forth.
I think this will push the server in a good direction and will help improve the server for later players.
I will try to add to this more and i look forward to seeing all of your positive reply's.

OhBlihv

OhBlihv
OhBlihv
You can't just suggest rank names and concepts, but not give perks.
If we knew what to give players once attaining these ranks, they would have come out earlier.

Most hostile mobs have ranks set up, but are inactive due to the lack of content.

Suggest perks for these ranks, and you will get further than just suggesting the names.

What about an extra kit each rank after magmaslime and the /d for the mob as always more warps and should be able to have a high rank place or have a high rank armour set in pvp and mob arena, dont put in fly then too many people will be flying around and no one will donate, i suggest putting a magmaslime + world where facs was and have it pvp enabled but no facs this will bring new players and keep them aiming for it. Like i said, my opinion thanks

Fly would be great for people who have put in enough money. not everyone will be getting fly as you will need A LOT of time on your hands and A LOT of in-game money. For me, i cant donate so this is a great way for people that would like to enjoy the game further and not just be stuck at magmaslime. I think that this will add a lot of elements to the game and it will change server like the quests. I also like where beefy was going with the idea of special kits and /d's.
I think that if we were to add different plugins that allow us to expand on everyone's playing experience so they enjoy it from the beginning.

Each rank upgrade you do, you should have to do a mission/quest to get it
Things that you might get for each rank:

• Zombie: $60,000
  1. /craftingtable
  2. a slow income of $100 per hour online
  3. double xp drop with all zombies
  4. 10 levels to any MCMMO skill
  • Skeleton: $90,000
  1. /enderchest
  2. /fly
  3. a income of $200 per hour online
  4. double XP drop with skeleton and above
  5. 20 levels to any MCMMO skill
  • Spider: $120,000
  1. /tp
  2. a income of $300 per hour online
  3. double XP drop with spiders and above
  4. 40 levels to any MCMMO skill

Some of these might be wrong and might need to be adjusted, but i would LOVE to see this become a project under way.
If you require any help please do not hesitate to ask :smile:.

Ok, if we are talking new hostile mob ranks, here are my opinions

-/kit that includes items that the mob would drop if killed. I.e creeper= gun powder, skeleton = arrows ect. Possibly include or a set % chance of spawning that mobs head with the kit

- locked VIP areas for hostile mob ranks, which could have shops with deduced priced items.

I may sound bias, but keeping features locked to donator ranks will keep people donating. (End of the day, you guys have the server and web host bills to pay)

End of 2am rant :smile:

Jacked

I love were you are coming from with the /kit idea :smile:
I would love to see shops dedicated to in-game donators.
to get magmaslime it will cost you $30,000 and 5 days play. That shows that the person is committed enough to be trusted with higher commands. I find that i have got to the point were i cant really do much anymore and i would love to slowly make my way to be as good as donators. I would like to look at donating a boost. A boost to get to the top for 1 month. I'm sure people love to be a higher rank. it would be cool to see something like the [wither] tag and be like :o HoLY! I feel like it could also be something to show off in a way as that what humans do naturally. I get this feeling from guild wars 2. The feeling of when you see someone with a legendary weapon and you almost fall off your chair.

OhBlihv

OhBlihv
OhBlihv
What about an extra kit each rank after magmaslime and the /d for the mob as always more warps and should be able to have a high rank place or have a high rank armour set in pvp and mob arena, dont put in fly then too many people will be flying around and no one will donate, i suggest putting a magmaslime + world where facs was and have it pvp enabled but no facs this will bring new players and keep them aiming for it. Like i said, my opinion thanks

Extra kits? Not sure what to put in them.
Anything that is really OP would take any fun/work out of the game.

Perks for MobArena? Fine.
Perks for PvP Arena? Not so good. Becomes a 'pay-to-win' gamemode, as the Donator ranks would inherit everything these ranks gain.

Rank+ World: Do you mean a different world, or server? Factions was running on an entirely different instance to Survival, and running a completely different server for high ranks would be a waste of resources. And a world? I'm still not convinced that it would be worthwhile. People aiming to play for 5 Days on a no-PvP server to gain PvP? Dont think that would happen.

Thanks for putting forward ideas Beefy.

Fly would be great for people who have put in enough money. not everyone will be getting fly as you will need A LOT of time on your hands and A LOT of in-game money. For me, i cant donate so this is a great way for people that would like to enjoy the game further and not just be stuck at magmaslime. I think that this will add a lot of elements to the game and it will change server like the quests. I also like where beefy was going with the idea of special kits and /d's.
I think that if we were to add different plugins that allow us to expand on everyone's playing experience so they enjoy it from the beginning.
I agree that if you cant donate, you shouldn't be punished, but it comes down to the problem of: where should a perk like that go? Putting it on the 3rd purchasable rank could be alright, but remember: People are going to be getting this money by farming mob-spawners HARD. It doesn't really come down to commitment, but time spent holding down a button in front of a drop-down point.

I like this idea, but I'm stuck on what to give players as a "Quest".
Is this a fetch quest, an adventurous quest?
They need to be something hard enough that it makes the rank worth something (as well as the monetary cost), but not really tedious or impossible that it is not attempted.

1. /craftingtable
/craftingtable may be a possibility for future ranks, and is useful as it replaces the need to carry around the block. Although this would not really make up the $60k cost on its own.
On all income perks: This would promote anti-afk machines? Or idling around doing nothing?
Not sure if we can do the per-entity reward multipliers with the plugin we currently have, but we can do an overall multiplier (like the donor ranks are)?
Free levels to an mcMMO skill? Not sure how this would be implemented as an instant reward for ranking up, but a shop that opens when you reach a certain rank is very possible.

1. /enderchest
  2. /fly
I'm sure /enderchest will be appreciated (not much I can push that's bad about this perk).
/fly is a sketchy command. When to reward players with it, and for how much of their time?
In my opinion, this should be one of the top-top level rewards for playing the server with no monetary contribution. I guess if you've made it this high up the chain, you should be rewarded and aren't considering purchasing a package from the store, although it is still a possibility for these sorts of ranks.

1. /tp
As this is a free rank (attainable via time), I'm not sure that /tp is a good idea.
In the past, players have abused the /tp command even though they've paid real life currency for it.
If the threat of a removal of rank for abusing commands isn't enough for paying users, then I'm not sure that the threat of a removal of a free rank will work at all.

-/kit that includes items that the mob would drop if killed. I.e creeper= gun powder, skeleton = arrows ect. Possibly include or a set % chance of spawning that mobs head with the kit

- locked VIP areas for hostile mob ranks, which could have shops with deduced priced items.

I may sound bias, but keeping features locked to donator ranks will keep people donating. (End of the day, you guys have the server and web host bills to pay)

End of 2am rant :smile:

Jacked
A /kit that includes items from mob drops? Wouldn't this become redundant once you've reached this high a rank? By this time, I'm expecting players to have multiple mob-traps/grinders, and should have more than enough of each mobs remains to build shines in their names. It also begs the question of how much to put in each mobs /kit?

Locked VIP areas with shops? A very possible idea. One major fault with this is the idea that you could buy from the cheaper shop, and sell to the regular shop, making infinite profit. Either one loses its buy/sell ability (would have to be the VIP shop), or the prices become even, so this flaw cannot be done.

Thanks for noticing our very high Australian/New Zealand hosting prices :smile:. Although what we're trying to do here is reward players who aren't aiming to donate any time soon (if at all), and if they aren't going to donate, it may be worth a merge of perks.

I hope I haven't missed anything.
Thanks for the suggestions, and have fun reading this massive wall of text.
3AM Bliv out.

At the moment there aren't many other ways to get money other than farming mobs. Maybe if we implement a new currency for doing jobs. Lets say they are called 'bucks' these buck will be earnt as a reward for doing jobs like "take this bread to the villager in First st" Once you have completed the job you will be rewarded 1 Buck. The ranks might cost up to 100 bucks or more. This means people can not just sit there but they have to explore the already huge spawn for people of interest. We will be able to make a plugin that when you click a certain villager or bookshelf you will get a job towards your /job list. You must only have 3 jobs running at a time some with a timer, for example 24 hours. This idea will cover the quest problem and the farming problem.

For the income idea, you should have to do /collect to get your money. This will make it so people don't use this as a AFK machine.
The levels for the MCMMO idea will be claimed by doing: /mcmmo claim <skill>. This will make the levels easy to collect rather than having to go to a particular place. If this doesn't work we will make a warp to a place that when u hit a sign you get your reward toward the sign you hit.

I agree with the /fly command being one of the last command you can get as it is a large responsibility. As for /tp it is a even more of a responsibility and should stick to an even higher rank. A quick command that could add some depth to the server would be a plugin that makes so you can see who placed what block. This will make the person feel more like a admin or mod and the person can help admins by showing them screenshots and there are no ways to abuse this command that i can think of.

I don't really know why but i would love to see the jobs implemented. This will make everything so much different and will be an awesome edition to the server. Later on the bucks can be used somewhere else to buy other stuff. I would love to see this server keep developing and gain more players.
This whole server is a gift to Australians and everyone from other countries.

Thank you to all the musketeers, Admins, mods and everyone who has contributed to the server.
Peace
cant wait for more replies.

Things that you might get for each rank:

1. /craftingtable
  1. /enderchest
  2. /fly
  3. a income of $200 per hour online
  4. double XP drop with skeleton and above
  5. 20 levels to any MCMMO skill
  1. /tp
  2. a income of $300 per hour online
  3. double XP drop with spiders and above
  4. 40 levels to any MCMMO skill
Some of these might be wrong and might need to be adjusted, but i would LOVE to see this become a project under way.
If you require any help please do not hesitate to ask :smile:.
i like the quest/ mission idea but it took alot of time and skill just be make the old quest, only a few staff know how to actually make the quests and would be a while before they make it as they are busy enough. also it will cost even more to have anymore plugins as it costs alot just now. i liked the idea though nice work

it doesn't cost money for the plugins to be made as Shax knows how to. The missions will not take much time at all as the missions will be small and fairly easy to make. the missions will just be like "get the bread from miss Crosstown and take it to Mr smith". I get that this will be hard on Shax to make but to set it will not be as hard as you would think. The Musketeers will also be able to hire admins and mods to do the job so they can be off doing other stuff. I would love to see this happen and im sure most people would like to also. thank you for the feed back beefy. :smile:

The purpose of the plugin will be to improve the server. If this takes 6 months, this will still be a large improvement and we would all love to see it happen.
3PM phat out.

Last edited by a moderator: