Welcome to the new AusCraft website!
IP Copied!
Click to Copy IP
play.auscraft.net

Nether mob cap and rules

I feel like im shooting myself in the foot here because I got a nether grinder, but the nether cap has issues that plenty of players are sorta feeling.

One player has the ability to hold every nether mob in just the form of pigmen, even just afk after they enter a portal. The number of pigmen that spawn can be pretty outrageous bahaha.

This is a lot more obvious because as mentioned before I have a grinder, and the presence of just one other person in the nether halts it to a stop. So i did some further testing, getting a player in the nether and then going there myself (normally away from said grinder) and noticed when one person is afk in a nice area in the nether, they can hold the entire nether cap in pigmen, stopping the spawning of whither, ghasts, magmacubes etc. Everything. And because they are not moving or killing the mass army around them, nothing changes.

For normal players, this prevents whither hunting, and rank ghast/enderman hunting alike.

Proposed suggestions:

1 - No AFKing in nether period
Allows pigs to de-spawn, preventing some of the problem. Does not prevent people farming say ghasts and ignoring pigmen

2 - Decreased pigmen spawn rates and/or increased de-spawn rates

Lets be honest, I have no idea how minecraft server side works but if its possible, another way to reduce the cap concentrating in an area, and increased de-spawn rates allow the cap to have more of a flow rather than again, hording.

3 - Increased mob cap
This is a risky one because as I have a grinder, helps me more than others. Additionally not sure if an increased mob cap will stop a player accidentally hoarding it all. This could also come with additional rules or even the banning of nether grinders, as an increased mob cap would prove too powerful.

4 - Periodic killing of all pigmen
A server side mob kill on a clock could help greatly everyone involved. Killing every pigmen wont stop a grinder, as it re-spawns them to kill them fast anyway, wont affect people farming pigment natural too much as their spawn rate is pretty insane anyhow, and will benefit people hunting whither skulls etc as the mobs death increased other mobs of all types to spawn.

Now I am not saying all of these need to be added at all, each is possible way to prevent the problem in itself.
Possible additional outc

Exhibit A .-.

Yes i have 'show passive mobs' on my map, and i walked a fair distance. A zombie spawned lol. Whilst still typing this, in the same area, nothing else spawned. Two players in the nether shouldn't bring spawns to a stop this badly.