Welcome to the new AusCraft website!
IP Copied!
Click to Copy IP
play.auscraft.net

Mattsorbv2 unban request

Your IGN: Mattsorbv2 and mattsorb (alt account that now belongs to my friend, was banned along with me)
Time that the ban occurred: Roughly 11:00pm 1/05/2016
Admins online during the incident: Not sure, the Moderator, TalkingCat was online
Ban reason when trying to login: x-ray
Why do you believe you should be unbanned: I guess here is where I explain what happened. I'm going to copy and paste the message I originally sent to a few admins regarding my ban:

Hi, so my sister just told me that I've been banned. I asked her if she was x-raying (because I was accused of it earlier) and she said "a little". I'd like to apologize for any breaking of rules committed by her, she said she was giving diamonds to the new people, I'm sure she had good intentions but I've explained to her now that x-raying isn't allowed. I'd also like to apologize for even letting her on my account, that is my own fault and definitely wont happen again. I didn't suspect a thing as I thought the only way to x-ray was to have a hacked client, but according to her she was using an "x-ray texure pack". Anyway, I apologize for the incident, my sister will no longer be allowed on my account and I would appreciate it greatly if my friend and myself could be unbanned (friend was banned because I own that account). We've put a lot of time and effort into the server and I've even donated.
I'm happy to return any diamonds that were gained through x-raying, as it would be unfair/illegitimate if I was to keep them, and like I mentioned earlier, from now on I will definitely be the only person using the Mattsorbv2 account. My friend will continue to use my "mattsorb" account, as that account hasn't done anything wrong :smile:

I hope you understand as we've been really enjoying AusCraft, honestly its the best server we've ever joined and the community is great and super nice :smile:

Thanks
- Matt

Firstly, it's fine that the mattsorb account is being used by your friend, however since it is owned by yourself I'm sure you can understand why it's been banned also. In terms of your sister using your account, it seems far fetched, if it's true don't take this the wrong way but it's like saying your dog ate your homework, consider the lack of belief one of the potential consequences of lending out your account, you might think harder in future about the information you share.

Regardless, you clearly understand the consequences of the use of xray on the server and I understand you do have some investment. I'm considering shortening your ban, but I'd like you to answer a couple questions before I make further considerations, of course you don't have to answer necessarily:
1) How often has your sister been playing on AusCraft under the Mattsorbv2 account? Did she play yesterday?
2) Have you caught your sister xraying on your account before? AusCraft or otherwise?
3) Were the private messages I sent back and forth with you earlier actually with you or with your sister?

Thanks for responding :smile: I wouldn't usually share account information, but I share it with my sister because, well shes my sister.
1) I doubt she's played on it too often, she usually just messes around on singleplayer but I showed her AusCraft around the time I donated, and I know she has gone on a couple times since then.
2) No I haven't, nor was I even aware she knew how to, in fact even I didn't know of the method she used (as I mentioned in my original post)
3) Those messages were with me, I told you everything I knew at the time, I admit I probably should have asked her at the time, but the thought of her knowing how to do that didn't even occur to me, so I only found out after the ban happened.

So you've just told me the conversation we had was in fact with you. I'd like to direct you to a snippet of the chat we had.
HYqEA5k.png

( https://i1.someimage.com/HYqEA5k.png )
You mentioned this 'random mining' you like to do a couple times, you were clearly trying to, regardless of truth, justify the mining technique.
Although I had a look through your other logs, looking at a lot of the places you've mined, interestingly enough I've found none of this "random mining". The fact that you said this and somehow didn't notice that you hadn't done the mining yourself when I was showing you the area (which you walked up and down) makes me more inclined to not believe your story and to think you're attempting to deceive us, there are holes in your logic and it just doesn't quite at up.
You did display you understood the consequence of xraying (regardless of culprit), but your understanding of respect seems limited, I think your ban might allow you some time to consider this. At this stage I have no intention to shorten the length of your ban.

It's not the easiest thing to tell if I had mined there or not, as I've done quite a bit of mining and tbh it all looks the same. When you asked if I had been mining there I said "I guess so" because I'm not really able to tell which tunnels I've actually dug and which ones I haven't. I don't know how you could have found no other random mining, as its pretty much all I do unless I'm just exploring a mineshaft or something. Basically if I find an ore, I'll just dig randomly around it, can be a tunnel, dig out a room, just whatever direction I feel like going, like I mentioned earlier, I do it more frequently with redstone, ill dig near it to try to find diamonds since I've heard they are more common near redstone. But anyway I've told you all that before, I am a little confused on how you think I don't have an understanding of respect... Everything I'm saying I'm saying it in a respectful way, I apologize if it sounds like I'm being rude or anything like that, I'm honestly being respectful and definitely to have respect for Staff (as ive been staff myself many times) as long as they respect me. Anyway yes I definitely do understand the consequences of x-raying, and its now impossible that it can happen on my account again, as I've changed my password :smile:

Anyway I'm just going to be straight forward here. Apart from allowing my sister to use my account, I personally have done nothing wrong. This account will now only be accessible to me, as I said before I have already changed the password. And any diamonds she mined I am happy to throw away as I don't want to keep illegitimate diamonds anyway. I see no issue with myself being unbanned as its very clear I understand that x-raying is not acceptable, and I myself definitely wouldn't do it. I still don't quite understand how you think my understanding of respect seems limited, It's true I am being very straight forward right now but I mean no disrespect to anyone, I have owned my own server, and had the position of admin on many others, I have the utmost respect for staff on a minecraft server, given that they are respectful to me. I would appreciate it greatly if my account and my friends account (my alt) could be unbanned, we really would like to get back to what we were doing, we haven't played minecraft since the banning, we'd rather not find another server because we really enjoy AusCraft, enough for me to even donate $10, and have considered donating more. I really hope this is read and sorted out asap as we would love to get back on and enjoy the server again :smile:

Thank you
- Matt :smile:

You have to understand, xray is xray, we have to treat it as it is, otherwise everyone would be blaming it on their "sister". Regardless of if it was your sister or yourself, it still happened on your account, which you've confirmed.
I'm still reluctant to believe your story however after some thought I do think my initial ban period was a little high, also considering you seem to understand the consequences and appear to have good intent, I'm going to shorten your ban from the initial three weeks to ten days.
Remember though, if this happens again in future, the results will be different.
EDIT: Maybe get your sister her own Minecraft account for her next birthday

Alright thank you, I completely understand everything you've stated here and on teamspeak :smile:
Nothing like this will happen again don't worry, I've already told her she won't be using my account anymore, I might end up buying her an account so she can come on the server though, but I'll watch over and make sure she doesn't x-ray :P (shes probably learnt her lesson though).

Again thanks for understanding :smile: I appreciate it.