Welcome to the new AusCraft website!
IP Copied!
Click to Copy IP
play.auscraft.net

little bit unfair. i don't care but i do want my permission back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hujik

- I bought prefix permission at 8:00pm.
-I set my prefix to rainbow jellyfish using a different colour each letter.
- stabby comes on
-stabby tells me prefix is too spammy
-i complain that surely the rules aren't that strict
- i mean i do have to pay $15 for the permission
- she says she is being nice in not immediately removing my permission without trial
- I say alright... give me a bit to change it to something less spammy
- i change it to jellyfish with each letter a different colour.
- i agree it isn't much different but it was much shorter and didn't look very spammy in chat at all.
- i then go about doing stuff because stabby was busy and i couldn't ask her if the new one was alright for the chat (i tried to ask)
- then i send a message and my prefix is gone... I immediately think the worst (she must have taken my permission away just because i didn't get a chance to ask her if the new prefix was alright)
- so i check /prefix and i still have access... so i originally set it to :frown: because i was sad that I couldn't have the prefix i wanted even though i gave $15 to the server for that access
- but i quickly change it to "prefix" no colours, just the word until i can figure out what prefix i want.
- i then use /nick to change my name to "player name" because i thought that was funny.
- then while i'm working some of my pistons start going off so i turn to check and shabby and lis are flying there watching my chest accessing machine thing i made.
(basically it uses pistons to push me around a magestone so i can get just in range of each chest i had in that room and open it when i go past while never moving too far from the magestone so as to lose the repairing effect)
-they say "really? did you read any of the rules?"
- I said yeah why?
- they say "this is an afk machine" or maybe i mentioned it because i figured out what they might think it is I don't remember
- I say "that's not what that is"
-"then what is it, explain it"
- "that is so I can access all my chests without moving too far"
- lissie says "that won't fly, it could be used as an afk machine so it will have to go"
-"i say if you ever see me afk in it then ban me," then i read the rest of the previous message and said "fine"
-I remove the redstone and everything and go back to mining
- i then use /nick to change my name to "player name" because i thought that was funny.
-i then go to send another message and my prefix is gone again
- i go to check /prefix and it is gone
-I then get a private message from stabby saying "I gave you a chance to stop being belligerent. maybe if you clean up your act you will get the permission back"

I mean.... check the chat logs and everything. at no point was i at all hostile or aggressive to any of the staff. to call me belligerent is a flat out lie and I am sorry she felt that way about me.
yes i was a little persistent with my prefix. But in my defense I had just spent $15 on a prefix that i really wanted but wasn't allowed.
but i followed every command the admins asked of me although mostly unwillingly, i did follow them.

Whatever...

There's my story. if you find it worthy of a pardon. I'd like to have either a refund or my permission back. preferably my permission.

P.S. I IN NO WAY BLAME ANY OF THE ADMINS ON AT THE TIME. I UNDERSTAND THEY ARE JUST TRYING TO DO THEIR JOBS. AND I ALSO UNDERSTAND HOW HARD BEING AN ADMIN MAY SOMETIMES BE, HAVING BEEN AN ADMIN MYSELF BEFORE. I FEEL I WAS TREATED A LITTLE UNFAIRLY THAT IS ALL.

Your Minecraft name: hujik
Time of the incident: about 9:30pm AEST (not daylight) Sunday 8 February
Who is the admin that abused their privileges: Stabby
What Admins were online at the time: Lissie

Last edited by a moderator:
H

hujik

In addition:

Rule #1 despite all that you might believe. I did everything stabby told me to do. And all the other admins. I followed their instructions. I may have done some of it reluctantly and with small dispute but I followed their commands. And what is a server where the admins aren't questioned as to why they say what they say. If admins every word must be followed sometimes they forget that we are all people here. We all have lives. We all come here to have fun and play mine craft in a happy and social environment. To practically steal $15 off me simply because I was a bit hesitant in following your orders is morally wrong.

Rule #2 "no attempting to exploit glitches and bugs" firstly the word attempt implies that I am doing it on purpose. Yes I built a machine that could be used as an anti AFK device. But that is not why I built it. I built it because I like red stone and Pistons and like to experiment with methods of making things easier. In this example the easiness is not having to worry about straying too far from the magestone. That's why I made it. That was the purpose for it. So I was not "attempting to exploit a glitch"

Rule #3 abusing people. This is an easy one to check. Go get the chat logs. Get an entirely objective person to read them and tell me if I was at all blatantly abusive. I'm not talking about coming across rude or obnoxious. I am talking about abuse. I did not abuse anybody verbally. This rule is about abuse not rudeness or even coming across as rude when that was never my intention.
I'd like to also mention that Stabby said I was belligerent and need to clean up my act. at no point was I hostile or aggressive in ANY way. and why would i need to clean up my act if my act is not bad. Once again I think my chat was taken out of context and incorrectly for what I actually meant and this brought prejudice into the final decision. She thought i was being hostile to her BUT I WAS NOT!

Rule #4 I did not spam at all. I will talk about the nickname in the respective rule.

Rule #5 N/A

Rule #6 N/A

Rule #7 abusing commands. I did not abuse my commands. I used my command for its purpose, to create a custom prefix. That's what I did. Stabby said my prefix was a bit too spammy. Because of the multitude of colours and length of the word I would have to agree however I had spent $15 specifically so I could use that specific prefix because that is the prefix I wanted. When stabby said I couldn't have it. I defended myself. I asked her if I really had to change it. Maybe two times max with a gap in between. And then I changes it following her orders. And j continued to change it every time she said I couldn't have that prefix. Little did I know I only get three tries at finding an appropriate prefix before the command is removed from me. That definitely wasn't in the rules.

Rule #8 - 12 N/A

Rule #13 no empty nicknames. Nope. No long nicknames. 20 characters max. Rainbow jellyfish is 16 characters long and yes it is a prefix not a nickname but I figure because I can't find any specific rules for prefixes that ban what I used today I'm going to assume they are the same rules. No abusive nicknames. At no point did I have an abusive nickname or prefix. 'Rainbow jellyfish' 'jellyfish' ':frown:' 'prefix' 'playername' are all nonoffensive. You cannot deny that these words are nonoffensive and the only way they could be offensive is if they were thought to be made for the sole purpose of spiting somebody else. Which is not why j made those my nicknames. So assuming it is spiteful is wrong and unfair on me when mg purpose for choosing any of these is because that is what I wanted or that it was fun.

Rule #14 N/A

Rule #15 no avoiding AFK hack. As I said in rule #2 I did not purposefully avoid any AFK hacks. That is not what I used it for. That is not what I built it for. Yes it could be used for that but that is like banning someone for endlessly fishing simply because I'm pretty sure fishing doesn't count as AFK according to most AFK kickers when they really were just fishing a lot. Maybe levelling their fishing skill.

So there. I didn't break any rules. So why was my permission removed from me? I have an explanation for that too.

Here is probably stabbys perspective.
'Someone makes inappropriate prefix. Give argument when prefix is asked to be changed. Eventually changes it to something very similar and still inappropriate. Reset prefix. Go to persons house. Find AFK machine. He says its not ask machine but it can clearly be used for that. Tell him to destroy it. Later. Same person has new prefix and username. '[prefix] playername' seems like a sarcastic spiteful name change because I made him change his prefix before and he didn't like it. Remove permission to /prefix.

I understand if I put it like that. If j stand in stabbys shoes. I might very well have done the same thing. But there is always two sides to a coin. And not everybody is trying to be annoying all the time.

If nothing. I want a trial. I deserve that right. Admin believes I am in the wrong. I plead innocent. Let's have a trial and bring forth evidence for each side. My evidence has already been stated above. I swear on my own life that I am being entirely honest with you. Nothing I did was intended to be malicious in any way.

Ok. I've just spent hours and hours trying to explain this to you and then in writing this while forum post. And I'm sure you've spent a fair amount of time reading it all. So let's put all this behind us.

I honestly hold no grudge against any of the admins or what they do for the server. Thanks for being awesome people. However everyone makes mistakes. And sometimes the mistakes are easily fixable. For example, you can either give me back permission to use the /prefix command and I will promise I will not use it inappropriately and will check with an admin whenever they are on as to whether they think my prefix is acceptable. Everyone goes back to being happy and enjoying themselves on the server and I continue having fun and wasting time playing mine craft. If this is the optio. You choose than by all means please leave my ended dragon rank on. You gained $25 towards running the server. And I gained an extra level of fun to my gameplay.

The other option is you refund me both ended dragon and chat prefix. i will then leave the server. Never to return. You can ban me for all I care and I will continue on some other server spending $25 or more on useless perks and permissions and enjoying myself elsewhere.

I firmly believe that I am not in the wrong. I was also In a team speak chat at the time this saga unfolded and those people when I was able to explain it to them mouth to mouth believed I had done nothing wrong. I will not mention names.

In any case. Please review my evidence and if you still believe I deserve punishment I deserve to know why. Explain it in detail and don't miss anything out. I spent far too long explaining my side to you to have you not down a couple dot points at me and telling me my money is gone.

Thanks for your time.

- hujik

CAMM_

Owner
CAMM_
CAMM_
Hi hujik,
Will read through this in more detail tomorrow and speak to the other musketeers regarding your rank/prefix/claims.
However I will add that adding so much text is not needed - your prefix permissions were removed from the highest rank of staff as per T&C's and cannot be contested. I will appreciate it if you will remain patient.
Cheers.

H

hujik

the thing is I didn't break the terms and conditions......:
Upon Purchasing a package from the AusCraft online store, you must agree to the following:

• - You will NOT abuse any commands received from purchased packages - I didn't abuse it I used the prefix. as explained above I didn't break any of the nickname laws even with the prefix which technically it does not cover. and i changed it when the admin asked me to.
  • - You will NOT abuse other players with commands received from purchased packages. - i did not have any abusive prefixes that were in any way offensive.
  • - You will NOT give other players items received from included commands or perks. - N/A
  • - You will NOT rant/boast about your package. Ender ranks are still equal to regular players in the hierarchy. - N/A
  • - You will NOT receive any refunds on your purchase if you break the above. (I DIDN'T BREAK THE ABOVE)
  • - You will NOT receive any refunds on your purchase if you are banned on an AusCraft server or become inactive. N/A
  • - You know that your purchase/donation does not warrant an immediate unban in any circumstances. N/A
  • - You know that your rank/permission(s) may be removed at any time following abuse. - FOLLOWING ABUSE... not at any time because the admin decided to remove it

So much text is entirely needed because i have to explain that at no point did i break the rules or your terms and conditions. my prefix permissions were removed from the highest rank of staff in conflict with the terms and conditions. The terms and conditions I accepted were broken by your very own.and I can and will contest it.

"Join an Australian community, centered on fun and exploration!"

Yeah right.... I've had absolutely no fun with this ordeal.

H

hujik

before you lock this thread i'd like to add i do not want /prefix back anymore. whatever you decide in your meeting yo can either give me a refund or you cannot. I don't care if you send me half or less of the money or even none of it... I don't care anymore. I have had too much stress from this to want to continue anything. you people aren't listening to me and that is now fine. whatever. my side of the story is rarely listened to.

however. I was told i would be allowed a refund on enderdragon by one of your musketeers. I did not break any terms and conditions. and specifically i definitely did not break the enderdragon terms and conditions I agreed to. I have used it for a total of probably less than 2 hours on the server. I bought it around this time yesterday. and I would like it removed. it is currently 1:18am on tuesday. I bought enderdragon just after 5pm on sunday. that is 32 hours physical time i have owned it. therefore i am entitle to at least 95.23% of my purchase price given february has 28 days. that is $9.52 please.
so even if i end up with only $9.52 back. that is $9.52 more than I had before. I enjoyed your server but not anymore.

i had the prefix for a grand total of about 1.5 hours. and i had enderdragn for not much longer. surely you can find it in your hearts to give me a refund. surely you aren't so insanely money hungry that you will hold people to extreme technicality just to not lose a small portion of the money you gained when they ask for a refund.

surely with so many ender people and permissions bought you can spare $25 to a poor boy who just wanted to have fun in minecraft?

I was told i could have a refund on it and I would like my refund of at least $9.52.

thank you and goodday.

CAMM_

Owner
CAMM_
CAMM_
I'll start of by putting it simple. I don't know why you're going through the server rules? It has zero to do with your prefix going...the reason your prefix was removed was due to your violating our Terms & Conditions page.

But anyway....

hujik said:
Rule #1 despite all that you might believe. I did everything stabby told me to do. And all the other admins. I followed their instructions. I may have done some of it reluctantly and with small dispute but I followed their commands. And what is a server where the admins aren't questioned as to why they say what they say. If admins every word must be followed sometimes they forget that we are all people here. We all have lives. We all come here to have fun and play mine craft in a happy and social environment. To practically steal $15 off me simply because I was a bit hesitant in following your orders is morally wrong.

Being reluctant and disputing with a staff member (no matter if its a small or big dispute) is breaking that rule exactly. To quote from that rule which you seem to have missed..

Our Admins are selected based on ability, meaning that what they say should be accepted as law.

This means that there isn't to be any type of dispute towards admins, especially not in game. With the ratio of staff to players we don't have time to argue the rules with players, hence why I refer back to Rule #1 that states our staff members are selected based on ability.

hujik said:
Rule #2 "no attempting to exploit glitches and bugs" firstly the word attempt implies that I am doing it on purpose. Yes I built a machine that could be used as an anti AFK device. But that is not why I built it. I built it because I like red stone and Pistons and like to experiment with methods of making things easier. In this example the easiness is not having to worry about straying too far from the magestone. That's why I made it. That was the purpose for it. So I was not "attempting to exploit a glitch"
This shouldn't even be here as you weren't banned for an anti-AFK machine, however as I told you in Teamspeak, and anti-AFK Machine is exactly that, you may say its for something else but it is still exploiting, therefor must be removed without contest.

hujik said:
Rule #3 abusing people. This is an easy one to check. Go get the chat logs. Get an entirely objective person to read them and tell me if I was at all blatantly abusive. I'm not talking about coming across rude or obnoxious. I am talking about abuse. I did not abuse anybody verbally. This rule is about abuse not rudeness or even coming across as rude when that was never my intention.
I'd like to also mention that Stabby said I was belligerent and need to clean up my act. at no point was I hostile or aggressive in ANY way. and why would i need to clean up my act if my act is not bad. Once again I think my chat was taken out of context and incorrectly for what I actually meant and this brought prejudice into the final decision. She thought i was being hostile to her BUT I WAS NOT!
Same as above, you weren't being verbally abusive, but you were contesting admins and your actions about changing your prefix is what Stabby was referring to when she told you to clean up your act. She should not ask three times on TeamSpeak to change your prefix, then have to remove it herself over 20 minutes later.

hujik said:
Rule #7 abusing commands. I did not abuse my commands. I used my command for its purpose, to create a custom prefix. That's what I did. Stabby said my prefix was a bit too spammy. Because of the multitude of colours and length of the word I would have to agree however I had spent $15 specifically so I could use that specific prefix because that is the prefix I wanted. When stabby said I couldn't have it. I defended myself. I asked her if I really had to change it. Maybe two times max with a gap in between. And then I changes it following her orders. And j continued to change it every time she said I couldn't have that prefix. Little did I know I only get three tries at finding an appropriate prefix before the command is removed from me. That definitely wasn't in the rules.
....You just confirmed my point above (yet again) that you weren't acting when the admins were asking you to do something, in fact you were trying to "defend" yourself. Protip: If an admin asks you to do something, do it immediately, you can then message a staff member afterwards to talk about it further if you felt unfairly treated.

hujik said:
Rule #13 no empty nicknames. Nope. No long nicknames. 20 characters max.
If you count the underscores as numbers/letters is actually 60 characters. Not 16.

hujik said:
So why was my permission removed from me?
Because you didn't listen to a staff member when asked to change your prefix, instead you decided to dispute the fact with her. Simple.

hujik said:
If nothing. I want a trial. I deserve that right. Admin believes I am in the wrong. I plead innocent. Let's have a trial and bring forth evidence for each side. My evidence has already been stated above. I swear on my own life that I am being entirely honest with you. Nothing I did was intended to be malicious in any way.
This isn't a court of law..This is a minecraft server where we have rules in place to deal with people who break them. If you were to listen to Stabby and act accordingly in the first place, we wouldn't be in this situation.

hujik said:
However everyone makes mistakes. And sometimes the mistakes are easily fixable
Exactly, that's why I said to you, your permissions were removed temporarily as punishment for breaking the rules (or in your own words, making a mistake) and will be returned when seen fit.

hujik said:
I have used it for a total of probably less than 2 hours on the server. I bought it around this time yesterday. and I would like it removed. it is currently 1:18am on tuesday. I bought enderdragon just after 5pm on sunday. that is 32 hours physical time i have owned it. therefore i am entitle to at least 95.23% of my purchase price given february has 28 days. that is $9.52 please.
so even if i end up with only $9.52 back. that is $9.52 more than I had before. I enjoyed your server but not anymore.
As the ACCC states - you're not entitled to a refund with a change of mind.
FD3B7he.png

hujik said:
surely you can find it in your hearts to give me a refund. surely you aren't so insanely money hungry that you will hold people to extreme technicality just to not lose a small portion of the money you gained when they ask for a refund.
We are not money hungry, and if people require a refund for legit reasons we are always more then happy to comply, however we keep and follow rules to keep the server a fun, enjoyable place that so many people adore!

I won't continue to quote your own posts and explaining them too you, as there isn't any need. It was as simple as You were asked to do something by a staff member, you tried to dispute it, therefore ignoring an admin, therefore breaking the rules, and that is why your permissions were temporarily removed. You were the one that took that and turned it into something much bigger (when all that would have taken was a few PM's to resolve it).

Now to resolve this mess, you're free to PM me what you would like for your prefix. I will set it and you will get your permissions when we feel you can.

Thanks for your time.
Happy crafting!

Status
Not open for further replies.