Welcome to the new AusCraft website!
IP Copied!
Click to Copy IP
play.auscraft.net

Laptop Horror Stories

I

itwasntgina

The second Toshiba laptop I've owned was a nice piece of work. Within 8 months of owning it, the hard drive developed issues. It would freeze up for a moment and cause whatever music I was listening to; turn into a screech. The touch panel (with the music controls) and mouse pad all failed. I had to purchase a cooling pad to keep the laptop from melting itself. Oh and it took 5 to 15 minutes for it to start up.

My first laptop I got was 6 years ago, which fuckhead's idea was it to put 1gb RAM in a laptop? So after 5 years it shit itself and the hard drive corrupted and I got a new Dell Inspiron 5, my old (dead) laptop was a Compaq.

E

Endelasia

My first and current laptop is an Acer, within three months the HDD stopped working and I had to send it back to the factory for replacement, upon its return the CD drive and fan stopped working so it went back to the factory. When I finally had it back and starting reinstalling stuff, I found out some files on the HDD were corrupt and I had to reinstall Win7. Now it is working fine (its currently 2 and half years old) but is missing the T, Y, F, G, H, K, V, B, N, M, ? keys plus the right SHIFT key. and slowly loosing more, my space bar is on the way out.

*EDIT* I forgot to mention, I game on this laptop :smile: and since I dont have a desktop pc i use it for everything, Its still got some life in it, although I think the fan is on its way out again, Its begging to overheat again.

Last edited by a moderator:
The most two recent laptops I've owned are HP, one had 4GB RAM and the other 8GB ram, after about 8 months with my first laptop my hard drive did develop some sort of hard drive issue that made it unusable. I got my second HP laptop which had hard drive issues in 8 months also .. so I decided it's time to buy a desktop. Best decision of my life :smile:

Had a Dell laptop for four years. Previous to that, had a Dell laptop for three years. Previous to that, had a Dell laptop for four years.

I

itwasntgina

I've more desktop horror stories than laptop ones. I can never use HP and Compaq again because of it. Loads of blue death screens and situations that caused a few gray hairs. The best computer I've owned is my current Sony laptop. Been using with for a over a year and still works like new. The only problem I ever have is caused by Windows 8 (I don't think I need to explain whats wrong with Windows 8).

I

itwasntgina

It will randomly take up all of my memory and disk drives and that causes my computer to freeze up or slow down. I have to restart or perform a clean boot for it to return to normal. I never had a problem like that when I had Windows 7 on this thing. Other than that, Windows 8 works fine. I've seen a lot of people on the server complain about it so figured people experienced other problems with it.