Status
Not open for further replies.
Your IGN: Bqtmann
Please list any previous names or relevant alt accounts: Horsehh
Time and date that the ban occurred (Estimate): Today around 1:00am
What punishment are you appealing? (Jail, Mute, Warning, Kick, Ban):Ban
Staff online during the incident:ArcticAria
What is the reason given for the punishment?:Hacking and ignoring staff
Tell us your side of the story: I believe I (Bqtmann) was unfairly banned by ArcticAria. Lets start with the reasons why I was banned. On the ban it states that I was "hacking" which I am 100% certain I was not. There are messages there in the thread of me saying "Ima kill aura" But my friends and I ALL know I was joking and this all started because this guy on the server who just joined asked to live with someone, I agreed and let him live with us. He saw me standing on the claimed gold and glowstone blocks that pop up every once and a while to show where you have claimed. He could not see them (But I could obviously) and he started screaming in chat "HACKS HACKING" aiming towards me. I started joking around saying "Haha yeah I am hacking Ima go to pvp and go kill aura" ArcticAria takes this seriously and threatens to ban me when she has ABSOLUTELY NO ACTUAL PROOF THAT I WAS ACTUALLY HACKING. Even if you ask DeathOfBlades (the player who accused me of hacking) he would say he was just joking because we were in a discord and laughing about it.

The second reason I was banned was because ignoring staff. The only proof there was that I was ignoring staff was me saying "Im all g" implying that I would not turn off my imaginary hacks. I was given a warning and a ban for this. I didn't mean to offend anyone or ignore staff in away I was just on my hacking rant that I was joking about.

I believe mods and staff should be role models to the younger kids like me which many are but some people like ArcticAria I do not respect and I believe I should be able to say these things because I have an opinion too and I should be allowed to share it. I am truly and utterly disgusted by Aria's behaviour, she has treated me like absolute trash these past few days. I believe Aria should be confiscated her mod role and I speak on behalf of all my friends that play this server and other players I have spoke too. This woman/man cannot take jokes and takes everything seriously even though It's clear that I am joking. For example I asked what a god armour set consisted of in enchants and ArcticAria mentioned that is what google is for, me joking around I said "Do your fucking job" Which is pretty harsh but after I said that I put a "hehe" because I was scared Aria would take this the wrong way. Aria still put me in jail and ranted about how bad of a human I have been in the past few days and you can ask her yourself. If she denies that she said this, it just shows how much of a filthy liar she really is because she did lie about this whole thing just to get me fucking banned and I am outraged by that. She/he needs to get a sense of humour and live life a little not just ban people when you have no actual fucking proof that they hacked. Thank you.

Also if you want proof that I was not hacking or ignoring staff msg me @Anthony#0940.

GlacyrX

GlacyrX
GlacyrX
Hi Bqtmann,

Thank you for following the template this time and correctly reposting your appeal. In reading your appeal, I hope I would be correct in condensing your arguments into the following dot points:
1. You claim that you are not hacking because you were standing on the claim border blocks.
2. You claim you were not ignoring staff.
Let's address them in order, shall we? For reference, this was the evidence album I used for the ban.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. You claim that you are not hacking because you were standing on the claim border blocks.
Here was what I saw, and my initial proof that you were hacking:
PgL94nK.png

Based on what you mentioned, here's what I didn't see:
4Eqijtd.png

Bam! Nice and simple. I had proof that you were hacking, and my proof only showed my perspective without acknowledging that there were claim blocks you were standing on. We will give argument number 1 a tick.

2. You claim you were not ignoring staff.
I gave you an opportunity to remove hacks that I believed you were using. However, we have just proven that you were not hacking, but instead were standing on claim border blocks. So let us give argument number 2 a tick. That said, when I asked you to turn your supposed hacks off, you clearly had an opportunity to explain that you were not hacking and that you were standing on the corner of a claim. Instead of explaining to me, you chose to pretend to turn kill aura on. Given that you were near two other players (three if you include me), I made the judgement call to do something about the situation (ban you) before your behaviour and hacks affected other players (from my perspective). Therefore, whilst I am at fault for not checking that you were standing on the corner of a claim, you do not get out scot-free as your choice of words aggravated the situation.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You'll most certainly notice I did not address your third paragraph at all as an argument. I shouldn't need to. There was no argument made there in relation to the warning and ban; it was simply a rant which better fits in an Admin Abuse thread.

However, I have left this last because it ended up being the deciding factor for the outcome of this ban appeal. You absolutely have a right to share an opinion - provided you can back it up with evidence. And you are correct that staff should be role models - but instead of just younger kids, I will correct that to all players.

This is where you are wrong. I did not treat you like trash over the past few days. Your behaviour has been deplorable, and for some reason you believe you should be able to get away with saying and doing things that are inappropriate - not just to me, but to other players on the server as well.

ETYbFSg.png

If a decade of being bullied in primary and high school has taught me anything, it is that what is a "joke" to one person is not necessarily a joke to the person it is directed at. Someone does not get to call you racist terms, and then walk away and dismiss it as a joke by saying a simple "hehe". You do not get to tell me to "do [my] fucking job" and then dismiss it as a joke by saying a simple "hehe" - which, by the way...
PuwjOdj.png

...took you 9 seconds to add. If you were so scared of making such a disgusting comment, why say it in the first place? Ultimately, when I have a whole community of players to help and I have to prioritise some issues over others (which will always upset players who get skipped, as well as myself).

Any censored chat from chat logs are either of irrelevant information or of confidential staff chat. I hope you understand.

DqiM8FP.png

Please observe the timestamps. It took me 4 minutes to really think about myself and make sure that I wasn't jailing you because I took it personally (which I did), but that I was jailing you because of your overall behaviour. In fact, the first thing I said to you was that jailing you was a difficult decision:

NRdsWys.png

This is the entirety of the discussion we had while you were in jail, where I clearly rant about how bad of a human you have been in the past few days.

nmbTg3S.png

I gave you the benefit of the doubt of your last private message to me; while you only said you didn't meant to offend me, I assumed that was an implicit apology for your actions, which I did accept. Was I wrong to make that assumption? You've brought up multiple times now (in the above screenshot and in this appeal) that you were afraid to offend me, which I believe and accept. I can only believe now that you have brought it up in this appeal to blow the situation out of proportion, and that I was incorrect to assume that you regret your actions.

I suppose if I ranted about how bad of a human you have been in the past few days, I need to present a small selection of evidence that you are indeed as poorly behaved as I claim you to be.

Sample A - 22nd January
Bjsl82b.png

In the minute before TheCringeCompany joined the server, you weren't publicly talking to any players, nor were any players addressing you. As soon as they join, you say "fuck you". Given the flow of the conversation and the contents of chat prior to their joining, it is possible that you were addressing TheCringeCompany with the "fuck you", which was entirely uncalled for.

At the bottom of the image, Flqshhh claims to be "too fast and strong". 4T7 jokes that they are trash, to which you replied "and *****".

Sample B - 25th January
This wasn't said by you, but I bring it up because it provides vital backstory.
JbyHU7u.png

This later followed:
yrkkIIW.png

Because you and Flqshhh have previously used Tiancehh as a mouthpiece to voice your complaints to staff for you two before, I made the incorrect assumption that it was also happening on this occasion, which I now apologise for. However, you immediately became incredibly defensive.

9RZyzsR.png

I attempted to be a role model by creating an opportunity to clarify with both you and Flqshhh why people did not have the best opinion of you at the time, and all you did was give more reasons for players to dislike you. You truly did not believe that the way you behaved on the server and the way you communicated to some other players was inappropriate, which astounds me, and is reinforced by my response to your appeal when I said earlier that you were afraid that you would offend me, but you followed through with your inappropriate comment to "do [my] fucking job" because you did not believe it was inappropriate, and by how you have brought it up today to blow this case out of proportion. You dismissed an honest attempt at reconciliation and/or mutual understanding between players and settling issues in a mature manner because you were too proud.

I have already far surpassed the amount of time and effort I initially wanted to dedicate to my response. Before I wrap up, let me show you an example of a joke you played out tastefully:
dKvb64q.png

Here is a "joke" that didn't play out tastefully:
W7gmIuO.png

I will now summarise. Since the warning and the ban, I have found that you were not hacking. Therefore, both the warning and the five day tempban will be lifted. However, you have displayed unwarranted and blatant disrespect in this appeal as well as in-game. We do not expect this kind of behaviour from our players and I will therefore issue a tempban for four days (the remaining time on your current ban) for disrespectful behaviour. No warning will be given at this stage.

By the way, I'll sign off with some golden irony that I found.
46K4ZJE.png

Does that remind you of anyone?

Edit: This drama and abuse is not acceptable behavior of anyone welcome on AusCraft, Your ban has been upgraded to permanent, and you are at extreme risk of a permanent ban from the forums if you continue to post appeals and blatant abuse targeting the staff of this server.
Go play Roblox.

Status
Not open for further replies.