Welcome to the new AusCraft website!
IP Copied!
Click to Copy IP
play.auscraft.net

I think I messed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sooo, a little while ago I faced the penalty of a 4 day ban from the one and only Aria, and I believe what I did was wrong, constantly abusing players whether it was my friends on the server or a random person, such as Token and Aria. It is within my nature to muck around and make jokes of people. I am so very sorry if I offended anyone with my actions it was obviously not ok to use "gay" as an insult towards Aria and Token, it was never meant to offend anyone. And for this I am very sorry, & wanted to let you know that I am not proud of my actions and again wanted to apologize to the people that I was being rude to.

If in any way possible there would be a slight chance of me getting a short sentence or even a "release" from my ban it will mean the world, as your server is amazing and I'm not having a fun time listening to all my friends talk while playing. Again I'm sorry.

Your IGN: Fradog
Please list any previous names or relevant alt accounts: None
Time and date that the ban occurred (Estimate): About 2 hours ago?
What punishment are you appealing? (Jail, Mute, Warning, Kick, Ban): Ban
Staff online during the incident: Yes
What is the reason given for the punishment?: Abusing members.
Tell us your side of the story:

GlacyrX

GlacyrX
GlacyrX
Hello Fradog/Fraser,

Before I start, you posted this thread in the wrong section of the forums. It should be in the Appeals subforum, which is where I have moved this thread.

I am very disappointed that it took two warnings and a tempban in less than two days in order to emphasise to you that we do not appreciate homophobic language and the inappropriate use of LGBTIQ terms on our server. I will assure you that I had a private chat with MisterToken, who has not minded the inappropriate terms you hurled in their direction. Because MisterToken has not minded, I did not take an issue with that, until you hurled them my direction for no reason, and entirely out of context.

The other reason I chose to escalate the incident to a warning and a tempban was because of the low-level misbehaviours you were displaying. While MisterToken prompting you to type /rules and read them may have been on the unnecessary side, it does not justify your decision to respond with "Thanks Token, this doesnt [sic] concern you though. So please keep your snout out of our business". This was one of a few examples of low-level misbehaviours, but it is the one that contributed to my eventual decision.

As a generalisation, I believe you can be a sincere person at times. You may have demonstrated this in your appeal, and you also demonstrated this when you were caught x-raying last year, immediately apologised and handed over all the x-rayed ores when asked. However, the only thing which makes me doubt your sincerity in this occasion is this:

lilbhJc.png

I took great issue with you selecting just one of the screenshots I took to make an invalid jab at me. As can clearly be seen in this album here, the comment I made which prompted 4T7's uninformed response was:

pLvpkTY.png

Your overuse of caps was a consistent thing which was occurring from 4:40pm to 5:34pm, which was the reason for my comment in-game. 4T7's comment was completely invalid as while I do use caps, I do not overuse them at any occasion like you did over the past hour in the screenshot album - but that is an issue that 4T7 may take up with me if they wish. However, because you chose to select this image to make a jab at me, it has undermined the sincerity you have attempted to display here. Do I assume you reflected upon your behaviour between 5:55pm (when you PM'd me that) and 8:45pm (when you posted this appeal), or is this simply a facade because you want a reduced sentence?

Despite this disappointing turn, I am willing to offer you an olive branch and reduce your sentence. You were given a warning and a 4 day (96 hour) tempban. I will reduce your tempban to 2 days (48 hours), and because 20 hours of the original tempban has passed, that means you will be unbanned in 28 hours from now. However, the warning will remain - and I will remind you that because it is your second warning in 60 days, if you receive a third warning you will be permanently banned from the server.

Take the remaining 28 hours to reflect on your choice of behaviour and language on the server, and upon your return I do suggest that you type /rules and engage with the rulebook to ensure that you do not cross the line of acceptable player conduct on the server.

Status
Not open for further replies.