Welcome to the new AusCraft website!
IP Copied!
Click to Copy IP
play.auscraft.net

I need to clarify some things before/if I come back to AusCraft...

Z

z0mgbies

So as the staff should be aware I was recently banned for jumping on the spot.

If I could get some specific feed back on each of these scenarios, and projected results for any other scenarios that apply, thatd be nifty.

Are Mage Stones legal? If not, why are they still in?

Regarding AFK:
It has been indicated that actions resulting in your not being booted after 15 mins is an offence?
Firstly Id like to know the reasoning for the AFK boot in the first place? I've made assumptions in the past and they were wrong so, as obvious as it may seem, it would be best to get proper clarification on this issue from the person who implemented the boot system.
It is surely important to distinguish whether its for anti ranking purposes, anti AFK gain purposes, anti lag purpose, or some variation/combination.
Please don't blindly say "all of the above", I'm looking for reasoned answers here. :smile:

It seems the logical conclusion that remaining online in proximity to a mage stone, beyond 15 minutes, is deemed illegal on this server. I can deal with that.

What about, doing something to keep you online without the use of a mage stone? So that your hunger is not refilled by it and you are able to starve?

What about being afk until boot beside a mage stone?

Is there deemed to be a difference between staying online over 15 minutes (afk) in the middle of a field vs next to loot factory vs killing mobs? If so, could the differences be explained?

Are there any related/similar rules that are equally obscure that I need to be aware of?

Cheers

That longer break never happened, I ended up being at work until midnight and Tony Abbott got elected PM so I may have just come home and started drinking.

Now, for a proper reply instead of the vague message I gave in your unban thread.

Are Mage Stones legal? If not, why are they still in?
Mage Stones are legal. They should not have been labelled as a device used for unfair advantage.

Firstly Id like to know the reasoning for the AFK boot in the first place?
The AFK booter came from an older iteration of AusCraft where server resources were very limited and partially due to our time-based ranking system. It stayed in place, however our banning for avoiding the AFK kick was rescinded when the server reset for 1.5, along with it being removed from the wiki as well. It's no longer a bannable offence but is still frowned upon. You should not have been banned in the first place and on behalf of AusCraft I apologise for that. I'll have the wiki and in-game rules amended to reflect this.

What about, doing something to keep you online without the use of a mage stone? So that your hunger is not refilled by it and you are able to starve? What about being afk until boot beside a mage stone?
Either of these scenarios are valid, in fact I used to idle until kicked next to a mage stone repairing enchanted tools quite frequently before I became admin. I wouldn't recommend starving as that would result in your items dropping (and if you stay dead without respawning for more than 5 minutes, your items will despawn) and a possible loss of XP.

Is there deemed to be a difference between staying online over 15 minutes (afk) in the middle of a field vs next to loot factory vs killing mobs?
There is no difference. Again, loot factories and mob grinders are not considered as devices used for unfair advantage and should not be labelled as such.

Are there any related/similar rules that are equally obscure that I need to be aware of?
As far as I am aware, there are none.

I hope that I have been able to ease your concerns and look forward to seeing you again on AusCraft.

Regards,
Jedi_Vader20/VitaminJ

Z

z0mgbies

Very much appreciated! Mucho gracias!
Excessively courteous too; I'm encouraged to reciprocate. :smile:
Going forward: In the unlikely event that I am in breach of the rules, I am certain that it won't be a deliberate breach. Nonetheless, I'll be more than happy to accept punitive measures required. All I ask is that I be informed as necessary so I know not to repeat the mistake.
Cheers!

just to add, if you had filled out the unban forum right from the start, i would have un-banned you pretty much then and there (some blame is mine for letting it get out of hand as it didn't occur to me until the damage was done to remind you to fill out a proper unban request), as most people i have know/seen who have been banned for trying to bypass the AFK kick to rank up.
awhile back someone made a railway circle with power rails so they could sit in a minecart and always been moving.
if i hadn't seen someone banned for exploiting a way around the afk kick i would have most likely just jailed you.
so no hard feeling as a mod i was only doing what i had seen done before.

enjoy the server and remember if you have any questions about the server or anything you are not sure about, please ask in the forums or make a modreq in game.