play.auscraft.net

[Guide] [1.12.2] Modding your client for Auscraft + mod downloads

Introduction

So I see a lot of people asking what mods
I use myself​
are not/allowed to be used​
are updated for X version​
work and don't work​
So this will just be a quick guide on how to install mods and what mods are most commonly used on the server along with download links. I will try to keep this thread as updated as possible and will update links when the server changes version.

Noob Contents [Ctrl + F navigation]
1. Important Notes
2. Installation [MG01]
3. LiteLoader Mods (with downloads) [MG02]
4. FAQ [MG03]

Important Notes
- This guide will primarily be for Windows/PC. If there is demand, guide will be updated for Linux/Mac OS
- This guide will focus on LiteLoader. I may or may not decide to make a Forge guide in the future.
- Images will not be updated to show the current version AusCraft is running (Unless there are some major changes) so please make sure you are using the correct version when installing.

Please refer to Pages 17 and 18 of the AusCraft rules book for mods that are and are not allowed.
Please use mods and my guide at your own risk. The majority of links are reposted/reuploaded from original sources but I cannot guarantee that they do not contain viruses.

Disclaimer
I am posting this thread as an educational tool for users to install modifications. Posting this thread does not mean I take responsibility for what you or others use this for.

Installation [MG01]
1. Download the version of LiteLoader you are looking for by navigating to
http://www.liteloader.com/download
TOLh1VM.png

If you are using Windows click “Download EXE”

2. Run the “liteloader-installer.exe” that is now in your selected downloads folder.
FT9Oacw.png

Select Install LiteLoader (recommended) and ensure you extend from the version of Minecraft you plan to play on

3. Click “OK” when all your settings are configured.

4. Navigate to the folder where your Minecraft is installed in.

5. Inside your .minecraft create a folder named mods and create a folder named the Minecraft version you are planning to play on.

hxrGbq1.png

The folder needs to be named the version of liteloader that are running you can get your version by looking at the .exe or .jar you downloaded “liteloader-installer-1.12.1.exe” 1.12.1 is your version

6. Place any .litemod mod you would like to use into the version folder

7. Launch Minecraft using the profile that you created when installing LiteLoader
bTJMZxR.png

8. Confirm the installation of your mods by clicking the chicken on the top right when your Minecraft has launched.
xzgk1XR.png

LiteLoader Mods [MG02]
Please note that this will NOT be an exhaustive list, these are just the most popular mods used (and the ones I use myself)

Optifine
This mod adds support for HD textures and a lot of options for better looks and performance. Doubling the FPS is common.
Download [1.12.2]
Optifine is the only mod where the filename will be .jar

VoxelMap
voxelmap.png

VoxelMap is a full-featured Mini-Map mod for Minecraft featuring Waypoints, Entity Radar, Death Marker and much more. Definitely the best mini-map for minecraft available!
Download [1.12.2]

Gammabright
gammabright.png

Gammabright is an advanced brightness/fullbright mod for Minecraft. This mod allows the game's brightness slider to be overhauled, allowing for clear as day nights, fully lit caves, and crystal clear underwater views. Plus, Gammabright is simple to install, easy to use, and made for you! Check it out now -- you'll wonder how you lived without it!
Download [1.12.2]

Biome Borders
biomeborders.png

Displays the boundaries between biomes in-game in full 3D with customisable boundary height. Press B to toggle the display. This mod was inspired by chunkborders.
Download [1.12.2]

Chat Bubbles
chatbubbles.png

Chat Bubbles is a mod that displays things other players say above their heads in a chat bubble, like some MMORPGs.
Not Updated [1.12.2]

Spawn Detector
spawndetector.png

This is a liteloader mod for minecraft 1.9, 1.9.4 and 1.10.x based on a feature in Not Enough Items. It is designed to show a yellow "X" over blocks where the light level will allow mobs to spawn during the day (ie. above ground in the overworld) and a red "X" over blocks where mobs can spawn at any time.
Download [1.12.2]

Extended Hotbar
exthotbar.png

Extends the minecraft hotbar to include the bottom row of the player's inventory, toggle between the hotbars using a single keypress.
Download [1.12.2]

If I have missed any mods that is popular or you would like me to try update a mod to the current version of AusCraft, comment or send me a message.

FAQ[MG03]

Q: I've installed LiteLoader but it says 0 mods installed. Cri..
A: Make sure the mods are in the version number folder of the version you are running. e.g \.minecraft\mods\1.12.2

Q: The mods you have put up for 1.12.y still say they are for 1.12.x when I download them. Will this work?
A: Most likely I have changed the version for the mod, just not the file name. Give it a go and it should work. If not leave me a message in the comments saying which mod is not working.

Last edited: