GlacyrX
GlacyrX
Ingame Name: AstraeaX
Current Age: 20
Is the date between the 10th and 13th of the month: Yes
What is your current Ontime? 9 days 19 hours and 25 minutes at time of checking
Do you have any previous bans: No
Why you deserve bAdmin:
I submitted a bAdmin application two months ago, and most of the points that I raised then still stand at this point in time (that application can be found in the archives). So I'd like to deviate a little from the usual application process, and instead share what I've learnt in the past two months:

- bAdmin isn't just any old glorified position in the server; it's a crucial part of the process to becoming a figurehead of the server. A bAdmin is someone whom members (new and old) look up to, and whom senior administration staff prepare to take upon heavier responsibilities on the server.

- You might have noticed I said "most of the points...still stand" earlier in the application today, and that I didn't explicitly agree to me being the 100% perfect fit for being a figurehead of the server. The reason is because there was an incident on the server a few days ago where I acted rashly and took to a member of the server with some inappropriate words (I know Camm will remember this quite well). After logging off the server for the day, I took some time to reflect upon that incident, not only as an AusCraft community member but also as my real life self. The main point I want to raise is that I have my faults, and I may make my mistakes. However I will take lessons to heart and I will grow from this; all I ask is your support as I learn from any mistakes I make in my interactions with people.

It took a lot to restrain myself from turning this into a personal blog/meet-and-greet, but I hope that even with my history of not being the most tactful in talking to others, that I can still serve the community that has forgiven me time and time again.

Regards,
GlacyrX

P.S. if the staff believe this deviates too far from the template to be approved as a proper application, please drop me a message below or a PM, and I'll remove the d&m and replace it with something more appropriate.

GlacyrX

GlacyrX
GlacyrX
AH! Excellent question, and one I was going to address and forgot to (I knew I left something out >_>). It was because I had a lot of assessments due/exams during May. If I were to apply, be successfully chosen for bAdmin and suddenly say "I can't take up my bAdmin duties because of this and that", it would have been extremely selfish of me (and more likely than not, be counterproductive for my next bAdmin application). Thus I thought it would have only have been fairer for the applicants of the month of May that I did not apply.

(I might've mentioned that somewhere on the server, if AusCraft retains chat logs and would like proof of this)

Learning from mistakes is good, so long as you learn. Making mistakes, saying you learnt from them and didn't is a sign of lesser intelligence.

However, making very few mistakes and still learning is a quality that all Admins should posses.

Since you seem to have a slight grasp on how the ranking really works, do you believe you can make it past Mod rank?

GlacyrX

GlacyrX
GlacyrX
If this is a question of ability/capacity, my answer is yes. If the question is of willingness, I am not sure, because we're all not sure of what the future holds of us (in terms of future real life commitments in the form of work/family and such). Whilst I would be comfortable with (hopefully) attaining a Mod rank, I understand that being a full-time Admin also requires of me much time and commitment, which are things that I'm not sure I will have in the future.

However, if I were to find that I am able to spend time regularly on the server as well as on the forums, I would be more than happy to join the ranks of Admin and make my regular donation of $8 a month.

That is, of course, all assuming I am deemed a suitable candidate for bAdmin. XD

If this where a job interview I wouldn't hire you. We like people who can say "I can easily make it to Mod, and then admin". Confidence is very alluring.

BUT, this isn't an employment, its a request for the CHANCE to prove to us that your an asset to the server.

I wish you luck!

I believe you deserve a shot at bAdmin. You are, in my experience a courteous player with good regard for the rules and those that uphold them. I wish you luck x

Status
Not open for further replies.