IP Copied!
Click to Copy IP
play.auscraft.net

Friday/Saturday/x Night Spleef?

GlacyrX

GlacyrX
GlacyrX
Hi AusCraft!

Recently I was wondering if the server would be interested in some form of regular Spleef action. Was thinking of weekly; the day of the week will depend on what the community prefers.

The arena would be an ice-based one, which would facilitate a self-resetting arena (even if it takes time). Contestants would use ONLY diamond picks with efficiency 5 and any other enchantments they wish EXCEPT for silk touch (which wouldn't leave a water source block that could refreeze into ice). NO potions or fly or anything. I'll test out the ice-arena idea myself in my own time; if that doesn't go well, other arena options include sandstone (since sandstone basically breaks instantly lmao) or good ol' wool.

I was even thinking of having 10-week seasons, with regular prizes(!) every week for the first 9 weeks, and a grand final for the winners of each of the 9 weeks with a grand prize at the end (as a consequence I may be asking for entry fees). Also during the initial 9 weeks, every three weeks would be an event I'll call "The Icebreaker!" for now (if we end up continuing with the ice theme). For those who've played L4D2 before, it would essentially be like Mutations; the core gameplay will be similar but perhaps there will be twists to the game (for example, every contestant gets one splash potion of slowness to use if they so desire, or there may be potions of invisibility for people to use).

At the moment I'm just gathering expressions of interest. I'm aware only a certain portion of the AusCraft community use the forums at the moment, but if enough people think this is a good idea, I'll escalate this into something bigger ingame.

SO! If you have any suggestions (ideas, concerns, etc) let me know below. I'd like to know what you prefer for arena material, viability of this idea or anything else you can think of that I haven't.

Thanks! 8D

GlacyrX

GlacyrX
GlacyrX
My only concern with snow is needing to recraft snowballs into snow which takes time LOL but suggestion is noted. It's definitely an easy breaking block option.

GlacyrX

GlacyrX
GlacyrX
Glass isn't really renewable; it makes silk touch a prerequisite of the game, and a silk touch isn't something every player can get within say their first hour of playing on the server =S

I think its a really good idear but I'm sure u could get some admin help like mat or someone to help you with w.e to replace the snow cus its nothing that big and mat did say he is happy to help