play.auscraft.net

EULA: Perks to the Players!

OhBlihv

OhBlihv
OhBlihv
It's happening!

You may have heard of the upcoming EULA changes on August 1st;
(More information found here)

Our response to the update (which allows no game-play affecting perks or abilities in purchasable ranks) was to move these existing game-play perks to the free rank chain!

As of the restart tonight (10pm AWST, 12am AEST), Enderman and EnderDragon will be changed ranks!

This update also includes a new rank;
Endermite!

Endermite hopes to fill the gap between free players and paying players, including the majority of gameplay-affecting perks while inheriting previous perks from the Nether and Free tiers.

But now, it seems as if the current Ender ranks are devoid of any perks whatsoever.
But they aren't! -- The current Ender ranks will only have cosmetic perks from now on, but are still distinct ranks.
Enderman will continue to inherit from Ghast rank, while keeping full disguise access, all passive pets as followers, and other cosmetic updates coming in the near future.
While EnderDragon is still the best value for money, inheriting all the perks from Endermite and Enderman, also including all hostile pet followers, with more coming soon.

The full perk list for each rank can still be found at:
http://wiki.aus-craft.net/ranks
If you are still curious to know the full perks from each rank.

This EULA update hasn't hurt us, it has just freed up perks to the non-paying community.
This allows players to feel premium, while not expending any real world resource.

In the spirit of good news, we are having a 25% sale across the store for this update!
This sale will be up until August 1st, when the EULA breaking packages will be removed

Including:
  • In-Game Money Purchases
  • mcMMO Packages
There will be no pre-EULA Ender ranks available, as the new ranks are nearly functionally similar to the old ranks.

Good job Blihv, I love how you're not arguing with Mojang like most server owners, but rather going along with it.

yeh I like how you stillhave perks for donating but made sure they were worth it yet non EULA breaking excellent work staff team :D

I think we've managed to turn a potential storm into an awesome opportunity for players by being proactive and thinking outside the square to come up with this approach. We currently have seven Ghasts on the server, I wonder which one will be the first Endermite?