Welcome to the new AusCraft website!
IP Copied!
Click to Copy IP
play.auscraft.net

Ender Dragon 1.10 Difficulty

The 1.10 Ender Dragon seems relatively easy now since the dragon will now occasionally sit around in the middle doing nothing and let you slap its head silly with a diamond sword for free.

The Ender Dragon is a pretty straightforward fight with really just 2 parts and a few mechanics.

Part 1:

Keep a swift potion on and just avoid the ender dragon or slap it in the head when it charges you.

Then proceed to shoot off end crystals with a bow or climb up using sand pillar stacking and blow it up without getting yourself knocked off from the explosion.

(Eat food if you get blown up to recover hp).

Part 2.

Kill the dragon using a bow by leading your shots. If your a godly archer, hit its head, otherwise, hit its body, whatever.

If it charges you, just make sure your not close to an edge of the map & slap or shoot it in the head.

If the dragon starts sitting in the middle and becomes invincible to arrows, run up to it and slap it in the head while it mimics a duck to melt its hp bar.

Purple fireballs and Pink areas are for you to collect dragons breaths for alchemy or to avoid.

Hit enough arrow shots? Congrats on defeating the Ender Dragon.

Note, Hitting the body does 1/4 dmg so hitting the head of an ED is a good way to dmg it.

Gearing for ED:

* Full Prot 4 with Feather Falling 4 Boots. (FP4+FF4)
* High Hunger Healing Food (HHH) e.g. Cooked steak or baked potatoes
* Swiftness Pots (Swiffies)
* Power 5 Bow (P5 Bow)
* Fire Aspect 2 Sword (Flame Sword) < To hit Endermen that you accidentally aggro
* Sharpness 5 Sword (S5S) < Slap Dragon in the head with this
* Ender Pearls - Saves lives when something goes wrong
* Stacks of sand + shovel (To climb)
* Pickaxe to get out of the end warp & break iron bars
* Empty bottles for alchemy

If you have this setup and you still lose, I dunno what to say. Don't give up & don't be stingy with your supplies.

Last edited:
hmm going to add or suggest a couple of different thins:

* Full Prot 4, Feather Falling 4, Pumpkin for helmet.. I dont like having stray Endermen letting you concentrate on just the dragon,
* 1 x Nightvision, makes the dragon so much easier to keep track of, it is white on black background,
* 2 x Strength Potion, use 1 when dragon lands for extra damage,
* 2 x Golden Apple, use 1 when dragon lands and you go to melee (absorbtion and healing), lets you take a hit from the dragon when it takes off again, maximising the time/damage,
* Dont shovel down your sand pillar, drop and rely on your food for regen while avoiding dragon; use torch break method to get rid of sand towers if you didnt bring enough for multiple pillars,
* Dont be in a rush to do the fight, you can survive forever if you dont take damage from the dragon. Concentrate on getting rid of the pillars first while avoiding taking hits from dragon. Then just wait till it lands and blow everything on it.

Totally agree with Pink on those tips.

Personal opinions I have here:

1. (BS obsidian pillars that are too high to even render the floor from the top)

xD I think if you have an eff 4-5 diamond shovel, shoveling down a sand pillar is safer for those glitched absurdly high obsidian pillars that will kill you when you jump, even if you gracefully land with FF4. Personal preference

2.1 Saving money on consumables

I think gold apples are an overkill if you have a full prot 4 set ,but I guess some players might need the apples, if its their first time and they make too many mistakes at once.

*You'll probably need a gold apple if you make the dragon put his purple puddle on your melee area accidentally*

2.2 Saving money on consumables
For those too cheap to afford night vision pots, turn your screen brightness up, turn off your moody video settings & if thats not enough, go to your %appdata% > minecraft options.txt and change the gamma setting from 1.0 to 10.0 ~ 15.0. (basically fullbright without using a mod)

2.3 Saving money on consumables

A strength potion here will speed up the fight with the dragon alot. Shorter the fight, the less chance for mistakes, Bring this, and use it, if you can get your hands on one. No Exceptions.