Welcome to the new AusCraft website!
IP Copied!
Click to Copy IP
play.auscraft.net

Dynamic map query

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone would explain how the dynamic maps works exactly?.. In the sense of i can only ever see a handful of people show up at any given time, is this a ranking thing that determines who's shown or just something else?

Not an issue at all of course, i enjoy having the map and think it's a very powerful tool for navigating.

Regards,

E

Thanks alot Ram! Makes sense.. unfortunately doesn't seem to show up for me still.. All good - still stick to the co-ords. Just thought there may have been a rank required or something to be visible :smile:

The map seems a little buggy when detecting players, I have noticed it sometimes stops recording players altogether and even stops recording map changes until the server is rebooted each night. Not sure why, but this may be why you can't see yourself either.

It also does not record player locations at night unless you are in a lit area. From what I have seen the player detection part works until around midday and then it starts to play up.

Not sure how this can be prevented or fixed tbh, but just some tips if you wish to continue to use the dyna map :smile:

I see i see - From memory it was a bit taxing on the RAM when i used to run a home server and i would expect a server of this size to be very demanding on tat basis.. maybe just too much information to keep 'live' at once.

Regardless, that all makes sense and isn't an issue, navigating is still better with this than nothing ^_^