Welcome to the new AusCraft website!
IP Copied!
Click to Copy IP
play.auscraft.net

DDoS Attacks and the Future of AusCraft

I was actually online for that episode with the guy refusing to read the wiki, he was being insufferable for a few hours and I applaud the admins for their tolerance with that affair. Be careful when passing judgement about things like that. He was eventually banned for being unnecessarily abusive to admins and players.

As for the Doom blade, no one but admins can obtain that, and I know they have very strict rules about giving away gear like that, which means he probably accidentally picked up something he shouldn't. His best option was the mature one, report it to an admin, if that fails, lock it away, simple.

The level of tolerance required to run a community with mixed ages is close to god-like, you can only imagine having to answer a tonne of questions that could be answered if the player just read the rules signs littered all over spawn, and having to constantly watch new players so greifing is kept at a minimal.

I hate to say it, but i think there needs to be a good look at the admins and mods. My friend UltimateBK says he was told to and I quote " shut the fuck up" by demize after he asked a simple question about a sword he got from killing a zombie that spawned near him, the sword had a name of "Doom Blade" that had X on everything. After about a week UltimateBK was on and demize and a couple of other admins/mods were abusing someone else who was a chicken and all he did was ask how to rank up to sheep so he could go on creative. He was swiftly told to go to some wiki website to find out how and the guy refused. Again a simple question asked and a huge deal came about it. They were then arguing and the guy (sorry i cant remember his name) began talking about Ddos'ing the server and how easy it is to do and for a long time. So in my opinion this Ddos attack could of been avoided if the admins/mods just answered a simple question instead of sending links and telling him to look it up. I always thought this server was a great, friendly and just plain awesome server but recently I've noticed a lot of bad behavior from the admins/mods towards new & old members. Again I hate to say it but I think people are abusing their powers.

We're doing a full review of all admins, this did not go unnoticed, among other incidents.

I'm pleased to say that we're 90% of the way there, just have to wait until I get home from work tonight to finalise everything. I'm almost certain we will be back up and running -tonight- (QLD time that is).

In regards to staff behaviour, As Jedi has said, this is not unnoticed, and is being dealt with. Continue being awesome players and please just allow us to rectify these things between staff :smile:
Hoping to see you all tonight <3 it's been a boring few days without you lot haha!

As mentioned it is hard to please all when the community is so diverse. I understand admins getting frustrated with such a question on ranking when the same question is asked again and again regardless of it most likely being noted somewhere around spawn how it works, just most refuse to read upon entering a server.

C

crohumper

So the server should be up tonight and it will stay on permanently? :D