Denied Ban appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your IGN: BakedPotatoes
Please list any previous names or relevant alt accounts: None
Time and date that the ban occurred: 3:00am 22/10/2017
What punishment are you appealing?: Ban, mute
Staff online during the incident: ArcticAria, iLycheeee
What is the reason given for the punishment?: Really don't know about the ban, maybe because i fed carrots to a few villagers. The mute is because I was asking to go to jail for 30s.
Tell us your side of the story: I was asking ilychee to jail me for 30s, since I don't normally do anything that I reckon would be bad enough to put me there. iLychee was cool about it, he refused and I admit I may have pushed a bit. On my defense I don't think I was flooding the chat, I did not destroy or steal from anyone. Most I did was play with the trap doors on the lights of Clufarm's barn. But seriously, I saw a few them were already messed up with, I fixed those... then reverted it back and iLycheeee must have thought I was gonna leave like that, I don't know. It is not of my nature to destroy things, I only touched what I knew was no real hassle and I could easily and quickly revert back. In fact I even roled played with it!! Anyway, I got a mute after that. I did tped to a few players and gave them baked potatoes, for the pun... but I really don't see how muting me is an appropriate punishment for that. If a player was upset about it I would happily apologize. Truth is that as far as I know they were quite happy about the visit of the "Potato God". And since its a game... people were having fun and I saw nothing wrong with it.

Later on I started travelling around, I like to leave a few signs around when I am travelling and if I happen to find a house I leave a sign nearby, saying I was there. I try not leaving it too close to people's house in a way that will affect their building, but close enough that they will notice something within the horizon. Aria told me off for that and gave me a very unclear response. Since I was muted it was hard to communicate. I sent a report then realized I could send mails. Aria said something about 8 blocks, but I have no idea what that is. Clearly it is not 8 steps because even I admit that is too close. Soon after that I found a few villagers, fed them carrots and got banned seconds after Aria telling me to cool off.

I have had players that swear at me in game and don't even get a mute but apparently saying Hi to others clearly not okay for Aria. I did not cause any damage to other player's properties, I did not alter the scene around player's homes, the most I did was place a sign with a couple of torches and in two situations I think I left a chest with some baked potatoes inside.

Hello @Bakedpotatoes,

Please excuse me for the delayed response.

To clarify, the order you received the infractions earlier this morning is as follows: Verbal warning → Tempmute (24h) → Warning → Tempban (3h). Verbal warnings by both ArcticAria and myself, the warning and tempban by ArcticAria whom I will be replying on behalf of.

Tempmute (24h) - https://imgur.com/a/Z4DeM
The tempmute was issued after approximately 1 hour of persistent requests to be jailed following several request denies as well as verbal warnings from two staff members to stop. This was interpreted as ignoring staff requests and this led to a combined decision to have you temporarily muted for 24 hours. Not only does a /jail show up negatively on your player history, jailing players on request is time consuming and unnecessary.

Warning and Tempban (3h) - https://imgur.com/a/h4DDh
The warning and tempban was issued approximately 45 minutes after the tempmute due to continuously ignoring staff requests. You were found placing blocks within an 8 chunks (FYI, a "chunk" in Minecraft is a 16 x 16 area. So 8 chunks away would be 128 blocks.) of other player builds. Although you did not directly affect another player's build, you were verbally reminded not to build/place blocks within 8 chunks of another player's build without permission. On top of this, you were provided with a possible alternative solution to greeting another player and letting them know you visited. Despite the above, you continued to place blocks and ignored ArcticAria's requests to removed said placed blocks, as well as to stop. This is what prompted the warning and tempban to be enacted.

Other issues
that were taken into consideration when issuing the above infractions.
  • Initial chat spam.
  • Clicking toggle-able blocks on other player's builds when asked not to do so. (imgur)
  • Teleporting to players without permission. (imgur)
You have shown little to no indication that you are sorry for your actions. This is evidenced in this forum appeal alone. You also fail to recognise how other players are affected by your actions as well as demonstrate the ability to comply to staff requests. As a result, your tempmute will remain until it expires on October 22, 2017, 15:07 AEST.

You are however no longer banned so you are still welcome to play on the server. I hope that by listening to staff instructions in the future, we can amicably resolve any conflicts before they arise.

Thank you~
Lycheeee

Status
Not open for further replies.