IP Copied!
Click to Copy IP
play.auscraft.net

Approved BAdmin Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ingame Name: MuiEdge
Current Age: 19
Is the date between the 10th and 13th of the month: Currently 10th of June 2014 past midnight at +8GMT
What is your current Ontime?
5 days 8 hours and around 30 minutes
Do you have any previous bans:
No
Why you deserve bAdmin:
I don't really know about if I deserve bAdmin or not but I can say that I have found this server to be a place I can call home. If you want more skilled , active staff that want to uphold the rules and someone who will try to guide the new players before they fly off and get themselves in a ban because they don't know how to start. I would gladly accept this position to help the server grow.

On one note some may have noted would be that I'm usually slower in believing people when they say something but also doesn't want ban people until they prove themselves to be a nuisance to the server.

If the type of attitude I'm handling matters in or dark jokes I make are not fit with the rules or expectations, please just give me a friendly point whether or not I get the bAdmin position or not.

The rules of the server are practically shoved into a new players face the very second they join and if they get themselves banned because they failed to read or care about the rules then good riddance, so how do you plan to help new people other than just pointing the to the rules board?

The rules of the server are practically shoved into a new players face the very second they join and if they get themselves banned because they failed to read or care about the rules then good riddance, so how do you plan to help new people other than just pointing the to the rules board?

First of all: I seem to find that people sometimes find it hard to use our system to start off and gather resources / have a place to stay safe and keep their items which makes the younger generation of the newer players "who seem to be very impatient sometimes" fly off the handle and get globally banned.

The hub walk to get to the survival server is quite long compared to some other servers, so just guiding them that /s would get them into the survival server and then giving them guidance as to how they can gather resources and quickly have a place to stay or make friends may give the newer players a heads up into the server.

Sometimes players are looking for a server where they wont get griefed and have a protected area to build in which is exactly what we are, but can not figure out how our server works and leave. I'd want to try and guide these types of players back into our community and uphold our strict no griefing or stealing or abusing other players Rules.

Although there are some demanding trolls who immediately ask for admin or are in a rage before they even join us, I don't think guiding them would do anything and usually ignore them or give them a hint like: "read the rules or you will get global banned" before I ban them.

TL-DR
* Give new players guidance on how to start out and possibly a starting area for them so they wont interfere with other players
* Help newer players who don't understand how the server protects their creations , understand.
* Remove trolls who abuse the server but warn them before they break the rules.

Of course, all of these things Most of us are already doing it anyways.

Sorry for the essay =D

I'd follow random people invisibly for the first 5 minutes and stop them before they do anything stupid if you want bAdmins to do that, but Id probably just guide them instead so they feel like the server community cares for them so they wont even think about breaking the rules.

Aus-Craft can see many new players every few hours, are you willing to simply just drop everything and go help those new people every single time?

Aus-Craft can see many new players every few hours, are you willing to simply just drop everything and go help those new people every single time?
I have actually just finished building a plot setup in my area to accommodate new players even if I don't get the promotion.
It is obvious that I cannot manage every single new player by myself, but I am willing to drop everything and help the new players when feasible.

It isn't always just the new players that need help though since many veteran players would also need assistance with other tasks.

If your quoting on my idea of helping new players being too hard, well there's always the option of writing a strictly new player oriented guide which would be able to exceed the limitations of the wiki.

Status
Not open for further replies.