Ah.... Where do I start? It's been a crazy two days since the release. We've seen over 230 players join Survival alone, which is an amazing turnout! I'm sorry this post took me so long to write up, but as you can see there is a lot of information here (and it's not even all of it!) and I've been crazy busy sorting bugs and optimising the server whilst making sure everything runs somewhat smoothly!
Official release notes for 1.13.2!
Official release notes for 1.13.2!
Lets jump into it.
We've refreshed the look of the home page and the forums! We have some plans to help increase players using the forums, by linking it with the server, although the changes are currently cosmetic; we've added some functionality for the planned features below:
- Link your Minecraft account to the forums
- Show off your in-game rank with a special badge on your profile
- Players avatars will (again) match their skins skull
- Added custom "like" emojis
- Trophies on the forums have been removed and will be replaced with a small forum-ranking system, which will allow players to redeem rewards in-game from actions on the forums
- We continue to strongly encourage you guys to keep suggesting things in the suggestions forum! We aim to tailor the network for everyone's needs and wants, so if you feel we might be missing something, or want something changed, there's no harm in suggesting it and starting the discussion.
- There will be a map visible on the store very soon, you'll get an announcement when it's ready!
The store is open again and has had some adjustments to the ranks and we're currently working on a nice skin change to match up nicer with the new forums. Below are some of the changes you'll see very soon, but for now the ranks and perks you love are active!
- The /air command which will give players the ability to get twice as much time underwater!
- The /sleep command has been added to give players the ability to avoid phantoms! When you use this command your sleep timer will be reset, so you don't have to rush back to a bed anymore.
- Trails! We say fairwell to OhBlihvs original trail plugin he made for AusCraft, whilst we used and loved this for many years, we're currently rewriting a new trail plugin that will include updated particle effects and awesome shapes!
- Pets will be returning soon after having a massive update to the plugin. This will help increase performance of the plugin and give us the ability to add new pets as Minecraft releases new versions.
- Our own nickname plugin is currently being worked on, which will also change your name (correctly) in the tablist, and your player tag on top of your head!
- Purchasable in-game money will be adjusted to match the changes to the economy (more below)
The central location of the network has been redone by our wonder Builder @Postman_Pat and it looks incredible. Type /servers and choose Hub to check it out if you haven't already! Due to some downtime here and there whilst we introduce new features and fix bugs reported, we've added some cool gadgets to keep you all entertained whilst Survival (and future servers) are down for short maintenance.
The new spawn has to be the best one we've ever had. We let our Builder go wild and it did not disappoint! The PvP and parkour arenas will be open soon!
The map currently has a border of 7,500K in each direction, although this definitely isn't the largest map we've had, it's still a lot of room and we have left it this size so when Minecraft 1.14 is released soon™, it will give us a crazy amount of room to expand the world border and generate new biomes and features that are in 1.14!
When the server is open again, as you join, all of your paid perks will be added back to you! If you feel you might be missing something please send me a PM here letting me know what you feel you're missing, and your in-game name (if your forum name differs). If you just mention it in-game or in a channel in Discord, chances are it will be missed.
The last two maps were focused too much on just the ranking system, making it too hard for a lot of players, and ignoring other core features of the game and AusCraft that we need to bring out. Consolidating data from the previous two maps has given us the figures we now have in the updated ranking system. We want you all to be able to rank up, so we've made that so. We have also removed the limitation of only mining one block type and killing one mob type, which has given us the chance to ability to break up the requirements a bit more to keep you all more interested!
Survival shops are back!
- We've removed the Head Shop and replaced it with the Mini Blocks Shop! This is due to not a lot of players being interested in all the heads available last map. The Mini Blocks Shop is there to help everyone add that little bit more design to your builds, these Mini Blocks will change every few months, so I suggest you save up for the ones you want before the next refresh!
- With the change above, we've added a new shop called the Event Shop, this guy will be handing out limited edition items during events, if you miss out - that's it!
- You might see someone around spawn that looks oddly similar to Trader Joel from the 1.11 map! I'm not going to let you know what he does yet, but I just want to let you all know he's there.
- You may notice that the prices in the Survival shops have been adjusted a bit, we've noticed over the last two maps the economy can become stale quite quickly. We'll be adding more goodies for you all to spend your money on, whilst having more games and rewards in Survival that give you more money back!
The AFK system has changed and for the better! Now you won't be kicked from the network altogether, but once you have been AFK for longer than 15 minutes, you'll be moved to the Hub. If you come back before you have been moved, hit the little green button on your screen to return from being AFK.
So, due to the amount of AriaHax used last map, we've revamped Reaction to include more than just speed-typing! Although the Unscramble and Speed typing are still there, you'll also see Trivia Reactions, Mathematics Reactions, and Physical Reactions! So be alert at all times, and pull in the coins for being the fastest to solve a math equation, breaking a block of stone or answering some trivia!
You can currently vote to support the server in the meantime, and the vote crate will return hopefully later this week! It's the same vote crate you know and love, but rewards have been adjusted, and you won't get stacks upon stacks of concrete powder anymore. :p
Introducing the new staff rank. tHelper is a Trial Helper aimed to make it easier for players who wish to be a part of the staff team learn the ropes. We hope to see some applications on the 10th of this month for the new maps first Helpers!
It's coming back! Three worlds will return, Plots, FreeBuild & Buildcomp! We don't have an ETA on this yet, but development on this has already begun!
I think that's more than enough rambling on from me! As you can see, there's plenty of changes, plenty of additions, and even more features that are coming soon! So I won't spoil all the news at once Please be sure you keep any questions on this thread for us to answer and remember if you come across any bugs in-game, report them to staff immediately.
On a quick side note, secret shoutout to the artist that doesn't want to be named who hand drew the INCREDIBLE image at the top of this thread as a surprise for me! I know they will see this, so thank you again, I love it and I'm sure everyone else will! :p
I would like to give a massive thank you to all of you that are playing on and supporting the server! Your patience throughout the past three months has been unreal, and I hope the changes we've made and the planned features show you all that we love to give back to you guys and make this Network as enjoyable as possible!
Please also give a HUGE thank you to the current Mod team when you see them! They have worked incredibly hard with me, and I couldn't thank them enough for being so engaging, caring and loyal to the server and you guys! Unfortunately, we did see @ArcticAria resign from the Mod team due to his real life becoming so busy, but we hope to see him on smashing players with his hax again! Thank you for all of your commitment and time you gave AusCraft, Aria.
Lastly, although @OhBlihv resigned some time ago, he's re-joined us as a Developer and has put in a tremendous effort to create new plugins for us all to enjoy, so although he hates thanks, please thank him when you see him in-game!
Cheers again, everyone, and happy crafting! :D