play.auscraft.net

Aria Mod abuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your Minecraft name: RubyGirl15
Time of the incident: Wednsday 11th July at around 9:00pm
Who is the admin that abused their privileges: Arcticaria/Aria
How was the Admin abusing their privileges:

On Wednsday 11th July at around 9:00pm Aria abused and took advantage of her moderator powers in a significantly unjust manner. My in game name is RubyGirl15, i was in the Nether and encountered a zombie with full diamond enchanted armour and an enchanted diamond sword. I killed the zombie and received these items noticing that it was most likely a person's gear that they lost from dying in the nether. The sword was named "big nigga" and i asked in the chat if anyone owned a sword that went by this name incase i could return it to them out of the kindness of my heart, however no one replied. i was sure to type the word "nigga" while identifying the name of the sword in the chat in a censored manner, replacing the g's with j's as a means of avoiding others taking offense. Aria did reply that she knew of a player that owned a sword that was named this however claims she did not recall his name.

She then asked me that in order for my player to keep this sword i must rename it to an appropriate name, even though the name does not affect any players on the server and the sword is only practically for my personal use. i Refused this request since i did not see any harm in me owning a sword with this name as no one else will see it to be offended, i also refused this request since i found the sword fair and square and i should be able to dictate what i get to do with it. It is extremely harsh to force me to waste time, resources and levels that i may not have had in order to rename a sword that she wouldn't of known existed if it wasn't for me being generous to the owner however it may be. i do agree that the name is offensive however i would have complied to her request if she renamed it for me since she had a problem with the name and has the power, rather than me a survival player waste hard earned resources to make her happy.

However Aria argued this and then took it out of my inventory and threw it in lava since i did not comply to her extremely unjust request. It is also extremely ironic that she claims she knew a player that owned the sword with that particular name however, did not confiscate it from them at the time, and only confiscates it when it is in my possession? Overall it is obvious her actions are targeted as punishment against me doing nothing wrong.

What Admins were online at the time: none

Attachments

• 2018-07-11_21.20.34.png
    2018-07-11_21.20.34.png
    262.3 KB · Views: 245
Last edited:

CAMM_

Owner
CAMM_
CAMM_
Hi Ruby,

I'll start off by saying I was witnessing this whole scenario from console. So I have a very clear understanding of the situation.
I reject the claim that Aria was abusing his rank in this situation, I feel you were frustrated at the time so may not have seen it clearly, but I'll break it down for you.

In short, you found an item that had an inappropriate name, you were kind enough to try to find the owner of it (well done). When no one claimed ownership you decided to keep it, Aria made a very reasonable and appropriate request (page two of the rules book: "Staff Members' word is considered law ") for you to rename the sword as it's name goes against our server rules (page nine of the rules book: "We don't accept ANY kind of abuse, hate speech, racism, homophobia or discrimination") in which you refused several times leading Aria to confiscate the sword.

In no way was his actions or request unjust nor was he targeting you, he was simply doing his job as a Moderator. If you had renamed the sword to something appropriate (for the small cost of a level) you would have been able to keep it and this drama would have been avoided. I'll also mention that Staff do not have the ability to rename items at no cost to themselves, they're all in Survival mode as well, so what is unfair is expecting Aria to rename your sword because it's going against the server rules.

In future, please listen to staff and abide by their requests, as we all have guidelines and the rules to follow to ensure the server stays clean, family friendly, and enjoyable for all players.

Based on above, I am rejecting this claim and locking this thread, please feel free to PM me if you don't agree with this.

Cheers :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.