Current Age:

Is the date between the 10th and 13th of the month:

Yes

What is your current Ontime?
4 days 13 hours

Do you have any previous bans:
No

Why you think you'll be a good bMod:
Just to preface this response, I think a fair question that will be asked of me is why I’ve decided to be a staff member again even though for the past year I have insisted that being a pleb is fun (I’ve asked myself this too). I’ve had a chat with some people and have come to the conclusion that I might be able to do more for both myself (in terms of my mental and emotional health!) as well as the community if I return to being staff. I won’t disclose the exact reasons why this is the case, but despite this, I’ve done a lot of self-reflection and know that at the very least, my desire to rejoin the staff team and help the community is pure. Anyway:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Essay time.

As quite a few people already know, I used to be a staff member on this server. Because of this, I understand the expectations of me placed by the senior staff as well as the community. I am efficient and effective, a good listener and learn very quickly. I know the ins and outs of the standard commands that regular players can access (the playerbase can attest to this!). I also have had experience in using LogBlock and Worldedit (though I understand that I will not have WE as a bMod), so provided that I am given a refresher, I will be more than ready to help the staff team in terms of doing my job in assisting players.

However, having had a lot of time to reflect upon the past three and a bit years from when I was first appointed as staff to now, and even considering how the past three years have drastically changed both myself as well as the way I see things, to me, staff is more than the commands we type in and the services we provide.

I first joined this server in February 2014 under the username of AstraeaX (and eventually the /nick GlacyrX), and what really drew me in to keep playing after my first (real life) night of playing was how friendly the community was. Everyone was so willing to go out of their way to help each other. I eventually left the server in early 2015 for various reasons and made a long disappearance from AusCraft. However, in September last year, I really wanted to come back and play here again. Under the guise of ArcticAria, I logged back in here. The community had changed. The staff had changed. But one thing had – and has – never changed, and that is the community spirit that the staff team have worked so hard to establish and keep alive.

I think the primary role of a staff member (even before dealing with grief and helping players) is to create a fantastic community which draws players to come back and play in a friendly and safe environment. I have a great relationship with the majority of the regular players on the server, and I know that with the connections that I have, and with the opportunity of returning to being staff, I will be able to keep alive the community spirit which has let this server thrive for more than 6 years. My hope for the other candidates for bMod is that regardless of whoever is successful this month, that we all work towards keeping this spirit alive.

Thank you for considering my application.

Status
Not open for further replies.