Not open for further replies.
P

potatoejuice

Your Minecraft name: potatoejuice
Time of the incident: 10:05(ish)GMT+8
Who is the admin that abused their privileges: Stabby
How was the Admin abusing their privileges: Excessive Swearing
What Admins were online at the time: Unsure

I wish to report the abuse of Stabby, who regularly swears, most often rather crudely.

I do not have a screenshot of the incident, though if the chat is logged at all I would advise viewing all of Stabbys chat history as it would be difficult to find a sentence in which he was not swearing or otherwise being crude. Yes, I do read that swearing is allowed on this server, when used in moderation. As a reference you have included that "Excessive Swearing is generally 3 words per 10 sentences". The majority of the time that I have seen Stabby online, we would be lucky to see this ratio.

I would also like to put forward that this is a blatant abuse of power. Another key part listed in the rules is that "Rank also does not equal power". It is clear that Stabby views his rank as a shield in which he can happily abuse the rules behind. I implore you to consider the impact this has on your server and any newcomers that should join (for example, two nights ago Stabby came online drunk and decided to continually call people "fuckers").

I was banned for making what I can only call a smartarse comment (that Stabby should perhaps ban himself for swearing again if he insists on banning another player for yelling). I completely understand if I am not able to return to this server, as embarrassing an admin is never advisable. However, I do wish for you to consider the actions of this admin and the potential for impact this has on your server.

Thank you for your feedback in regards to my conduct on the server.

While I do admit to swearing in game, I do not believe it is to the excessive level to which you imply. Until now, no one has had an issue with the amount of language I use, which I reserve mostly for night time. Many of the regulars know I do this, and in turn would bring it to my attention if they ever thought my use of coarse language was excessive.

In regards to your tempban, it no longer exists and you are free to return to the server. I did not leave the ban in place, instead I removed it ~30 seconds after doing it.

I do apologise if my actions have upset you, if there is anything else you need please feel free to contact either myself or any other staff member in our community.

P

potatoejuice

Hi Stabby,

Thanks for the reply (apologies, you'd think I'd pay more attention to gender given I'm a girl too..).

It hadn't occurred to me that you only used bad language at night - which is a tad better.

Yeah, as for the tempban I hadn't realised the server went down for maintenance shortly after - there I was thinking it was a full ban - sigh!

Cheers,
Potatoes

Status
Not open for further replies.