IP Copied!
Click to Copy IP
play.auscraft.net

1.8, Voting and Other Changes.

OhBlihv

OhBlihv
OhBlihv
The time is nearly upon us!
When we finally actually upgrade to 1.8, but it isn't here yet.

Yes, we are technically running 1.8, although it is just a protocol hack that supports both 1.7 and 1.8 clients, while still running the 1.7 server. This does mean that all new 1.8 content is disabled, and the 1.7 world is still running, as the 1.8 map will be used after the 1.8 release.
Even though it may sound as if everything should work fine, supporting a whole new version of client does come with its downsides. If you find a bug or problem that wasn't there before the upgrade, be sure to report it either to an Mod or Admin, or to the bug reporting thread.

We recommend updating to the 1.8 client when you can, as the optimizations to the client and server engines make the game run at up to 4x the framerate, resulting in smoother gameplay for everyone, and also allowing a seamless (or as seamless as we can get it) transition to the official 1.8 map without players needing to do anything.

Homemade goodness
In the past few months (maybe even more), I've been developing easier and new ways to do certain tasks.
The addition of these commands and menus I believe, has made peoples lives easier and helped with the changing of game content and rankings in order to support the new EULA.

/rank - Simple description of in-game ranks and links to the wiki for more information.
/buyrank - Menu for purchasing nether ranks and the newly introduced Endermite.
/timeleft - Displays the timeleft for a certain rank (works with all Ender ranks)
/chat - In-chat replacement for the colourshop with fancy examples on how your chat will look with that colour combination.
And a few behind the scenes additions for basic server function.

If you have any suggestions for other areas which could be improved, or suggestions to improve the current content, I will gladly look into them.

Voting Winners
As you may have noticed, we lost a month or so of content on the forums, resulting in the visible loss of the voting winners. However, we do have backups and I have listed the past two months winners below (expand the spoiler).

AUGUST

1st Pool - spoony0313
2nd Pool - jb32647
3rd Pool - Jailbreakgamerz
4th Pool - freshk1ll3r

September

1st Pool - _Smithy99_
2nd Pool - _YTRY4_
3rd Pool - mia2166
4th Pool - Hmongusa

This month isn't going to be skipped or delayed any longer (the 10 day wait was bad enough for everyone).
Without further adieu, here are the winners for October 2014:

1st Pool - _YTRY4_
2nd Pool - VintageLOL_2001
3rd Pool - Hmongusa
4th Pool - Karrucxus

Winners will find their coupon for their allotted prize in a mail message upon their next connect.
These coupons do not have to be redeemed by the player who won, but can be given away.
The coupons are also a SINGLE USE COUPON - so be sure to add all the packages in one purchase, as they do stack!

Pools:
Pool One: 1-5
Pool Two: 1-10
Pool Three: 1-15
Pool Four: 1-20

Prizes:
Pool One: $20 in the AusCraft store
Pool Two: $15 in the AusCraft store
Pool Three: $10 in the AusCraft store
Pool Four: $5 in the AusCraft store
(These prizes may be shared amongst other players)

Remember:
Every vote counts; Keep voting to ensure you are in a higher pool.
If you are in Pool One (Top 5) you have 4 chances at winning!

TOP 20 Listing
1. _YTRY4_67
2. buffygypsy48
3. threat15947
4. jordsta6946
5. Hmongusa42
6. AstraeaX42
7. mia216632
8. Karrucxus32
9. BrockyDude123425
10. VintageLOL_200124
11. Jailbreakgamerz23
12. Girlsonthenet23
13. loyol2degameshit21
14. freshk1ll3r18
15. AngustheDark14
16. Dobsonium12
17. lusavia9
18. Corasian8
19. jackando8
20. piggu127

If you have any questions/queries/objections, be sure to message one of the Musketeers, or myself personally.