Welcome to the new AusCraft website!
IP Copied!
Click to Copy IP
play.auscraft.net

1.7 - Brace yourselves

vNC6OdG.png

09/12/13, 2000 AEDST

Hi AusCraft! Jedi here with some important news!

There's been some rumours that AusCraft may be resetting the map for 1.7, and I'm here to confirm those rumours.

AusCraft will be resetting the map for 1.7. This means everything. Money, Inventories, Skills, you name it. The current map is 7 months old and is very, very cluttered. Seeing as 1.7 has so much more to offer in terms of world generation, we decided that it would be best to start fresh.

However, all is not lost!

We're giving you the opportunity to give yourselves a leg-up in the new world, by allowing you to take a single (not a double!) chest of items with you. I'd recommend taking useful things like building materials, tools, armour and food, but what you put in your chest is entirely up to you.

This transfer area is open RIGHT NOW at /warp transfer. This will be made available until we switch over to 1.7, which as Bliv said in the previous news item about 1.7, may be a week or so away, depending on:
  1. Bukkit must update.
    Normally, this happens within the first week of the release, although it can take longer.
  2. Our fork of Bukkit must be updated.
    While we can just use the base Bukkit project to update, it is much safer and better for early performance if we wait.
  3. Plugins must be updated.
    Not all plugins have to be updated, although many do.
    Plugins that don't use the Bukkit API are affected by Bukkit's changing versioning, and are broken once a new major update is released. This issue is normally fixed the day of, or the day after Bukkit is released.
  4. Worlds must be properly set up.
    We must ensure that the spawns and protections are still properly functioning, and skipping this step can result in mass griefing or broken shops/functions.
In the lead-up to the switchover, we're going to have a few competitions for an extra single chest and bonuses once the map resets, so keep posted.

We hope that you'll continue to keep playing on AusCraft and keep this community friendly and inviting!

Last edited:
I know I don't have a great lot on AusCraft, but I sure am looking forward to a new world of possibilities, a fresh start for everyone and a new place to create our homes in ways we hadn't even imagined! I for one am highly anticipating this new map.

P

Porkerzz

Will we be able to get a download of the old map? I'm guessing that might not be possible because the file size will be so massive but i thought id ask anyway. :wink:

N

Nick Kalaitzidis

Naw, all my hard work building. Hours spent.....anddddddddddd it's gone :frown:

N

Nick Kalaitzidis

Also I'm having trouble connecting. I connect to the server and it says'Logging in' and then it times out, anyone any suggestions?