Click to Copy IP
play.auscraft.net

1.16.2 Map Reset!

CAMM_

Owner
CAMM_
CAMM_
G'day everyone!

Four days ago the server software we use was updated to 1.16.2, and considered a stable release with many bug fixes and performance improvements, so now it's our turn. We will be resetting the map next Saturday (the 5th) at 3PM, with the servers going offline Friday to finalise everything.

Our last map reset was with 1.13.2, which will mark the current map being 1.5 years old as of next Saturday - which is insane! With all the new mobs, new items, new adventures awaiting + the age of this map, we feel it's a great time to give everyone a fresh map.

WHAT'S BEING MOVED OVER
Similar to previous resets, the only things coming over to the new map will be permanent store perks and items, however, this time we're also letting you save 9 of your favourite collectible items from this map! Collectible items are only items that were won during events.
To be clear these items will not be usable in the new map to prevent giving anyone an advantage, but you will be able to keep them in a vault to view and show off to your friends (but I won't say anymore yet)!

HOW TO SAVE YOUR COLLECTIBLES
1. Jump in-game, use /vault and put up to 9 of your favourite collectibles in your vault, but choose carefully.
2. Type /vault lock once you're happy with your vault to confirm (by end of next Thursday at the latest)!

This reset is going to be a big one. We've reviewed the player data from the last three maps to make changes to the way this map works. New shops, new ranks, new perks, new challenges, and so much more, but you'll see another announcement from me next Friday with a forum post detailing all the changes!

That's all from me for now! Enjoy this little teaser of the new, amazing spawn we have created, and you'll hear from me soon.
:steve_hug:

mia2166

Server Moderator
Builder
mia2166
mia2166
F&Q's

"Will I keep my items?"

No. Only collectible items (from events) may be kept using your /vault

"Why Can't we keep items?"
Like most resets, we like to start fresh. Allowing players to transfer their godly tools and items will provide an unfair advantage to those wanting a fresh start.

"Can I take my spawners?"
No

"What about (insert item here) that I bought off the store?"
All permanent perks and store items will be automatically given when you join the new map

"Will my base disappear?"
Yes, that is the point of a wipe

"Will my enderchest be transferred?"
No

"What about my inventory?"
No, that will be erased too.

"What is happening with ranks?"
Wait for the next announcement :smile: But, Yes, they will be wiped.

"Can I use a mod to download my build?"
No, it's against our rules sorry. Refer to: https://auscraft.net/forums/threads/lam-list-of-approved-mods.8371/

Anymore Questions not answered here, please post below. A staff member will answer as best they can :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:

cassieadams01

cassieadams01
cassieadams01
Are "Easter chocolate cookies" classed as collectibles? I have a stack of 25, is that classed as 1 or 25 collectibles?

For a fresh start, does it mean that everyone starts equal? No paid flying modes and perks which are present if you paid for them at least for a while in the beginning? I see this as a very unfair pay to play advantage compared to other players. At the same time no buildings being moved is very strange, each resource obtained in the game takes quite a bit of time, especially since not everyone has got time to play multiple hours a day just for fun or because they can, which makes certain constructions more valuable. And at the same time for those players who had spent hours grinding resources to build something, whatever it is, all those hours just become a waste, a waste of personal time and life. Would we at least get a download of the map?

cassieadams01

cassieadams01
cassieadams01
do i need to store my magestone in vault?
^ im guessing a magestone is a x y z item? idk what xyz item is lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

BrandingIron_

BrandingIron_
BrandingIron_
For a fresh start, does it mean that everyone starts equal? No paid flying modes and perks which are present if you paid for them at least for a while in the beginning? I see this as a very unfair pay to play advantage compared to other players. At the same time no buildings being moved is very strange, each resource obtained in the game takes quite a bit of time, especially since not everyone has got time to play multiple hours a day just for fun or because they can, which makes certain constructions more valuable. And at the same time for those players who had spent hours grinding resources to build something, whatever it is, all those hours just become a waste, a waste of personal time and life. Would we at least get a download of the map?

Everyone starts equal in regards to what they have when they join the game as a Settler, unless it's previous (or new) permanent perks and items they have bought on the store, which they'll be given on first join. With everyone starting back at the base rank it will also allow new players the chance to rank up and collect more of the valuable items found in the end before they are gone etc... Regarding moving builds, this doesn't work for many reasons, but mainly because it's a new map - so we aren't going to move existing builds across.

As Camm said in Discord, we can't have the map (which is massive) available for people to download. We get people put a lot of time and effort into their builds, and we understand how much it means to them (myself included) but majority of people are very excited for a reset, especially because it allows for changes, new features, new and returning players, and fresh ideas.

InfernoDigital

Stormy185
Stormy185
Gotta say it's really disappointing that we're not even allowed to download our own builds. Especially with it being extremely limiting what you can take with you, it feels like I'm being massively ripped off with all the time and effort I've put into things on this server. I totally understand resetting a map is huge and needs to be done every once in a while but the fact that I'm not allowed to download my small portion of the world to view in single player is just heartbraking. I'd known about there being a reset in the works for a while now and I was ready but not being allowed to download Atsuma to view it post-mortem makes me really mad.

Not angry at anyone in particular just at that dumb rule. I don't care if my build gets erased on the server side but not allowing people to download what they've worked so hard on just seems unfair. Sorry if I'm sounding harsh, but I was not informed previously that we wouldn't be allowed to download and I'm very disappointed, especially adding on to it how limiting the carry-over is.

Okay, will it be so hard to obtain Warrior to go the end?
Also will it be required to be a warrior to go to the end?
Also will the end big a bigger map with more end cities, Floating boats etc?
Also will i have to kill the Ender Dragon when i get to the end or can i skip that and go straight to the end cities and boats to collect my elytra and skulkers?

Looking Forward to hearing from y'all

Cheers,
Lachie/PB

CAMM_

Owner
CAMM_
CAMM_
Okay, will it be so hard to obtain Warrior to go the end?
Also will it be required to be a warrior to go to the end?
Also will the end big a bigger map with more end cities, Floating boats etc?
Also will i have to kill the Ender Dragon when i get to the end or can i skip that and go straight to the end cities and boats to collect my elytra and skulkers?

Looking Forward to hearing from y'all

Cheers,
Lachie/PB
Please wait for the release announcement for this specific information!

CAMM_

Owner
CAMM_
CAMM_
Would we at least get a download of the map?
Gotta say it's really disappointing that we're not even allowed to download our own builds.

If you're in Discord, yesterday we announced creating schematics for people! Just do /report Build schematic / DiscordName#0000 at the build you want a schematic of, and we'll create one and send you the file on Discord!

InfernoDigital

Stormy185
Stormy185
Speaking of the vault, I just got mine locked up and I was wondering, the Valentinian Armor and Time Traveler's Armor I saved had particle effects. Is there going to be any way to show friends those particle effects in the next map? Otherwise those rewards are kinda just completely lost, cause they're basically just enchanted leather armor.

I'm happy I got to save em, but just wondering. :3