Welcome to the new AusCraft website!
IP Copied!
Click to Copy IP
play.auscraft.net

1.8 Update!

OhBlihv

OhBlihv
OhBlihv
Now that 1.8 has been officially released to the AusCraft community, it is a nice time to explain what is new, what has changed, and what you should look out for.

So without further adieu, the wall of text begins.
Each new section will be split by a bolded header for organisation.

Servers
  • Hub
Hub has been re-made, and re-released for 1.8!
Made by our own Zarzoolie and his helpers (Zerebin, Stabby, Dobby, Camm and Jedi), the Hub was created using the new 1.8 block types to create a nicely structured replacement to the old octopus hub made by yours truly over a year ago.

Not just a replacement, but a unanimously impressive improvement on any previously seen design.
62uQlYg.jpg
  • Survival
Starting fresh with over a years worth of new content was never overlooked.
With a ton of new block types and variants of others, the 1.8 update was definitely the Bountiful Update. This update surely warranted a reset of massive proportions.

A collaborative effort within our Admin team, the current Survival spawn was born!
Originally created months before the leap to 1.8, the spawn was created by pure brute force, using no plugins or aides in the quest to create the best Survival spawn yet!

Other specific changes to Survival are listed below.

hh7mayO.jpg

LYHmz8e.jpg

Specific to Survival:
Expanding World Border:
Currently, the Survival world border is set to ~5,000 blocks from spawn.
This should help players not get too spread out, and properly use the area around spawn efficiently.

If you are in dire need of player-free space, you will be happy to know that we will be expanding the border as needed, every couple of days after release. Soon Survival will be back up to it's 30k border glory!
(And 60GB filesize)

Creative will also be receiving border increases, however these will be less frequent due to the nature of the Creative server.
Admin Shop Improvements:
Instead of using the stale and overused ChestShop plugin which we've had for over a year, we have migrated to a new plugin, utilising signs more efficiently and allowing more customisable shopfronts.

A detailed tutorial will be posted in the future.
Improved Player Market:
The player market on the previous map was an undesierable favouring room based marketplace. Running off suggestions and other comments we've received, we have made a new marketplace, more than twice the size of the other!

Utilising plots, players have the room to build a shop of their choice.
Whether it be a high-density cobblestone block, or a finely crafted medieval warehouse, you are unrestricted in your building capacity (except for the plot size).

ZxHs6Cj.jpg

Changes to Spawner Functionality:
Spawners are now easier than ever to use!
Instead of needing a gui perm, a spawner perm and a spawner, you only require two!
Pick up a spawn egg from /warp spawner and use it on a spawner. Voila!
Say hello to your new mob duplicator.

This will work with any mob egg picked up, so keep your eyes peeled for that rare egg drop from monsters!

**PLEASE NOTE: The price of spawners in the shop have dropped. This is due to the fact that spawners are NO LONGER ABLE TO BE SILK TOUCHED**
Improved Player Head Shop:
The head shop has been revamped, and placed in a more convenient location for everyone.
We've also replaced each mob head we were offering with a more useful and humourous existing player head and lower price which should be more appealing to more players!
(Heads do not double as diamond helmets though, so we've still got some tinkering to do!
Transfer Building Availability:
'/warp transfer' is now active!
You will have from now, until forever to empty your chest, so don't feel rushed!
If you are having difficulty with your chest, be sure to enter a '/modreq' and an admin will be sure to assist you.
Colourshop, Where art thou?
Yes, our fabled colourshop is no more.
However, it has been succeeded by '/chat', a new in-chat replacement for the colourshop, fitted with a preview of your chosen colour!
  • Creative
Creative has been reset, yes. Everyone's hard work is now immortalised forever in the old Creative map. However messy it was, doesn't matter. Every player's builds were equally appreciated, and amazed players and admins alike.

Now it's time to restart that process!
Creative has had a fresh start, and so should you.
Start that castle you've always wanted to make, create that archipelago of floating angelic islands that was always in your dreams.
You are only limited by your imagination, get to filling that map back up!

pp5wewM.jpg

Footnotes:
Keep your eyes peeled for new servers in the near future!
We're as excited to reveal them as you are to play them.

If you have any questions about the 1.8 release, be sure to reply below, or ask ingame.
This information has a way of hiding from people.

Happy updating!

Thanks for the update, the server looks amazing, great job on the design.

I would like to know if the server will stick with spigot from her on, or will it change to sponge if/when sponge hits 1.8?

I noticed I still cannot connect to the server with 1.8 forge and keep getting this error :frown:
"If you wish to use IP forwarding, please enable it in your BungeeCord config as well!"
I don't have bungee cord. Game loads fine pure vanilla, but this sucks because nearly all the mods people create use forge :frown:

OhBlihv

OhBlihv
OhBlihv
Thanks for the update, the server looks amazing, great job on the design.

I would like to know if the server will stick with spigot from her on, or will it change to sponge if/when sponge hits 1.8?

I noticed I still cannot connect to the server with 1.8 forge and keep getting this error :frown:
"If you wish to use IP forwarding, please enable it in your BungeeCord config as well!"
I don't have bungee cord. Game loads fine pure vanilla, but this sucks because nearly all the mods people create use forge :frown:

We run BungeeCord, and we've enabled IP Forwarding for compatibility on each server.
I'm guessing forge has some different packet handling, and doesn't work with our setup.

Personally, I'd rather stay with Spigot because of the community/performance enhances that they bring, and there's a huge jump to Sponge.
I'm not up for recompiling every plugin we have just so we can use a new server.
I'm also not too sure how running Forge alongside Sponge will work performance-wise, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

That is cool :smile: Thanks for clarifying!

Guess we have to hope bungeecord implements support for forge eventually :frown:

Gotta say hub/spawns look amazing, cudos to the builders. Love the changes to the player shops as well. Looking forward to the mini games server!

Y

_YTRY4_

Transfer Building Availability:
'/warp transfer' is now active!
You will have from now, until forever to empty your chest, so don't feel rushed!
If you are having difficulty with your chest, be sure to enter a '/modreq' and an admin will be sure to assist you.​
Hi Guys, have been off-line for a while and need to collect my stuff from (/warp transfer)
Not able to see the warp now, has it been re-named or moved?
Thanks!

G'day YTRY4
First of all, Welcome Back
secondly, all warp transfer contents was removed (approx) around June (afaik) as there was a lot unclaimed chests left over from the move
Sry for your loss, we should be able to replace some stuff for you.